Why did you fell in love with your favorite group(s) or soloist(s)?

• As I promised, here's the thread, let's see what fans will say, if there's anything to say. I won't write paragraphs this time, because I already did it many times, so most of you already know why I love my faves, not just Mamamoo, and you won't read it anyway. 🤔

This is not a poll, so if you can't write at least 500 words to tell me why did you become a fan, you're not a real fan! It's time for you to use your brain and your hands, and write paragraphs. If you do it right, maybe you can convince me to look into to your faves more than I did before. Let's see, how many real Kpop fan are here on this Forum.

I don't care if you only "stan" a group or a soloist, because they're famous or mainstream, then say that. I won't judge, but next time, don't judge me when I leave a fandom, because I have high standards.

Enough talking!

Solar GIF

• I found Infinite through some of Sungkyu's Solo Songs. When I looked Into them, they were on a long hiatus. I only got into Kpop fully in 2020. So imagine knowing they've been on hiatus for over 3 years and left their company. The unknown kept me from fully stanning Infinite. I didn't even bother to check out the other members. However, Sungkyu's voice, his unique tone, and his music was beautiful. So, Naturally I was into him.

Fast Forward to 2023, Sungkyu announces he created Infinite company, they are making a return, I realize their silence was due to so many members going in and out of enlistment. Now I'm like okay, time to do my homework. I spent weeks, watching EVERYTHING. I literally went on Japan Mercari and Bought EVERYTHING, every album, every dvd, every solo album etc. I dove into each member. Upon doing so, both Woohyun's injury story, his personality, everything about him drew me in. I find myself admiring him for overcoming so much (cancer, a serious injury, depression, etc). The fact he goes out there and you don't even know he's recovering/sick/in pain is amazing to me. His personality is simply beautiful.

This is a perfect example of a group who goes beyond "work buddies". To stay together for as long as they have, want to promote together, despite all being in different agencies. Still releasing solo music, yet want to be Infinite is amazing to me. Whenever I'm down, depressed, sad, lonely I turn to them. Their music, their videos, etc. they go beyond just talented artists. They bring joy to me. People forget the impact they made in 2nd gen, and even if they don't win now, even if people just find them, I think they are worth looking into. Each member is unique, each member has a great personality, they are such crack heads when they are together.

They have overcome so much, and been through so much and yet are still standing. I admire them. Not to mention all of them are quite handsome. The only thing I haven't done, was watch their dramas, though I did purchase a DVD set of a drama that Sungyeol and Woohyun were in and I need to watch it. I would give up every group I stan if I had to chose only one group. I am hoping that this year we get more Infinite music.

There's your 500 word essay. (well close enough)

• I got alarmed by the singer who formerly occupied my avatar when she reached Gallup #1 in 2011 , and defeated SNSD and ruined its chance of conquering the world, and decided to tell the entire world about the harm she is causing to Kpop. I did not expect to do that for 12 years, and it took 12 long years to end her interference against KPop , by the hands of her ex boyfriend.

• Blackpinkhouse got me into Kpop and BP. Music and Lisa kept me a fan.

Then got into Twice cause of Mina, and their music kept me a fan as well.

Finally, i randomly saw a Produce video of Chaeyeon and Sakura and i fell down the Izone rabbit hole. I thought nobody could surpass Twice in terms of real friendship within a Kpop group but then Izone blew my expectations away. They are sisters for life :flower-cutie: and still do more activities together, both official and unofficial, than 90 percent of active groups tbh. Even after three years of disbandment :crys: . Also they have some of the best cutesy songs ever made.

• The music, live performance quality, lyricism, storytelling, individuality, I can go on and on about why I love BTS

Like I just watched a performance of theirs and their energy is so damn infectious, it brightened my day. Singing and dancing live and giggling and having fun all while doing it!

Nothing is better than watching people in their element doing what they clearly love to do!

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• well i listened to all the songs on their first EP one day and it felt like i was transported into this future civilization which is where i dream about being ( i guess because im a quadruple aquarius), and i guess because they are in general such a high quality group.

As far as my bias i just saw a picture of him and I knew, I got butterflies and dropped the photobook ( i didn't know his name). Later found out his sun is conjunct my juno, and his eros is conjunct my ascendant/lust, valentine conjunct karma, he is a quadruple scorpio, and since i have venus square pluto im really drawn to scorpio energy.

• 500 words only? Wont be a problem.

Twice, this isn't so much of why I became a fan, as I was fan of many groups before, but why I remained a fan.

Music - Ive probably been through the music phase of every genre except country. From classical, to video game soundtrack, to metal and more but pop is the one genre that has never phased out, I've always enjoyed pop music from kid to adult. Twice is the quintessential "pop" sound and kpop does it better than any other market. And the main reason I still stan Twices music today is because as kpop westernized, companies moved away from this sound while Twice still kept their identity.

Personalities - Nayeons loud and carefree meme-able nature, Tzuyus savageness, Sanas ball of sunshine, Dahyuns extra-ness, Jeongyeons motherly nature, Jihyos boldness, Minas dark elegance, Chaeyoungs random outbursts, and how teasable Momo is. The shortest I can summarize without going into an essay.

Hardwork and commitment to change - few will deny Twices hard work. The amount of content Twice has given us can keep new fans busy for years. More important, Twice listens to criticism and shows effort to change. When people say Twice needs an English speaker, fans will notice their improvement in the English language due to late night English class. When people make fun of their singing abilities, Twice double up on vocal lessons and release more vocal tracks, acapella, and live singing then ever before,

Dedication and love to fans and each other- till this day, almost 9 years into their career, Twice never fails to remind fan of how important Onces are and how much we me to them. They still do the the little things. Their sisterhood and bond is also one to be envious off.

Twices journey in kpop is just inspirational and they never loss sight of what truly matters to them,their craft, their fans, and their family. They are humble and true to their selves and never let fame get to them.

• I wrote a lot, but you asked lol. Simply put, I love their music, and they have the whole package.

I like that Stray Kids have a clear artistic identity that they double down on, even as they get bigger. I got into them because not only was their music great, catchy, creative and interesting (& for example with clever word-play that's fun to hear explained), but they stood out. Their commitment to making their own music and staying true to themselves and what they know their audience like, strengthens their relationship to fans. And them going from underperforming and struggling a bit to completely find themselves, to ending up as one of the acts with the strongest identitets is really cool. That being said, they wouldn't my fav if they didn't have different types of songs too. Their versatility makes it so that I find (most) albums amazing. My favorite 2023 song is a ballad, which isn't the first thing that comes to mind with SKZ lol, but actually many of their best songs are softer.

They've strong stage presence and work so well together as a team. It's clear they get along great and they really shine together. And I've been blown away with their live vocals and how stable they are despite high energy choreo. In addition, they're so.. playful? They interact with and hype the crowd well and will change/play around with lyrics/ad-libs etc. They're just all around really good at what they do.

Adding to this, they seem like good humble people, and I admire non-music related things they do, like Felix volunteering in Laos and other things. Also their bond is strong enough to the point where other industry people like Tablo take notice of it saying "they legit seem to really like each other".

• SNSD - I was already listening to kpop but couldn't say I have a group I really love. I knew SNSD and have read about them and maybe seen one video or two. One day I watched them perform Igot a boy and Genie and I couldn't stop searching about them, listening to their music or watching their videos. I have found my first bias in kpop.

EXO - I was heavily sleeping on them deeming them just SM's attempt at a dreamy boyband. I wasn't totally wrong but then 2016 happened. I was still recovering from Jessicagate, Monster and Lotto were out conquering and splitting the kpop community, EXO was releasing tracks on SM Station. And the more I took in the more I wanted. Everything ticked my boxes, ones I never knew I had, and even their interactions as a group were of my liking. And here I am all these years later and EXO still reigns supreme in my heart.

• It was a slow-burn and then a sudden, intoxicating freefall into full-blown adoration. I became aware of BTS in about 2017 when I started getting recommended random Kpop reaction vids, heard a few songs I liked, was really impressed by the choreo, added some songs to my playlist and kept listening to them but never did a deep-dive … I noticed them getting mentioned more and more, was amazed when I saw they had London concert dates and were on huge UK talk shows and I had one eye half open on their growing popularity. I remember being very impressed by Namjoon’s eloquence and his speech at the UN and looking up a bit more about it and him.

Then 2019 happened, and they released Boy With Luv/ Persona. I saw all the hype for the release and they were everywhere. Now, I didn’t like Boy With Luv much. I hate Halsey’s voice, had no idea who she was previous to their collaboration and didn’t think the song was a patch on what I’d heard of theirs before. However, I was then in hospital a day two after it was released and was stuck there for a week and I just kept looking stuff up about them, wanted to know ‘just a bit more’ about them individually and BAM. Full-on neuro-divergent hyperfixation in the space of a few days. Every little thing I saw of them or about them made me want to learn more, see more, hear more. I was utterly blown away by their work ethic, lyricism, technical skills and bond. I started watching Run BTS and liked the escapism of the silliness of it all. I watched poor quality streams of live concerts and marvelled at their command of such enormous crowds and their willingness to be emotive and vulnerable with each other and with their fans.

I’ve watched them over the years and seen their characters mature and change and their differing approaches to music-making and performance and their confidence in exploring different ways of working and presenting themselves. I don’t mind if I don’t like what they put out - I feel happy that they are able to express themselves and keep moving forward.

There has been a lot of joy and laughter and sorrow and comfort over the past seven years. Wouldn’t change a thing.

• you'll be surprised but one of my fav kpop songs ever is actually INFINITE's track. I am going crazy when I listen this song. It has nostalgic motiff that slaps so hard

• you'll be surprised but one of my fav kpop songs ever is actually INFINITE's track. I am going crazy when I listen this song. It has nostalgic motiff that slaps so hard

Infinite has some of the best music out there even solo music :borahae:

• You said 500 words so I'll give you 5 max

Blackpink: music, talent, performance, loveable members,

Twice: their songs, Nayeon, Mina, Jeongyeon

NewJeans: music, tones, members, aesthetic, fun

Yerin Baek: vocals, musicality, adorkable performance energy

Jessica: I'd probably actually hit 500 words

IU: lyrics and vibes

Yukika: city pop goddess. Hilarious

Sejeong: vocals, music, lyrics, acting

Luli Lee: hot guitar-wielding indie singer

The Rose: the music. The Dojoon

BtoB: vocals, music

Vixx: vocals, music, concept, performance, Ken

GFriend: talent, music, funniness, Eunha

Girl's day (retired): music, Goddess Yura, Mother Sojin

T-ara(retired): music, members

Bol4: To My Youth

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by DaisyTheGenuine ().

• Thank you for your hard work.✌️

infinite kpop gif | WiffleGif

Épinglé par 2WON sur || Izone Gifs ||

Some nostalgia for ya...

semi-hiatus — #bts throwback - may 5th bts 1st win on the show

Do Kyungsoo Exo Do GIF - Do Kyungsoo Exo DO Kyungsoo Smiling - Discover &  Share GIFs

I don't really know what's going on, but this is funny.🤣

Nct Nct 127 GIF - Nct Nct 127 Taeyong - Discover & Share GIFs

Another crazy writer! See? It's not just me! 🤣

GIFS😎 - Twice 👩👩👧👧 - Wattpad

You're not strays anymore. That's a bad pun, sorry. 😅

Low Quality Stray Kids - Attacked by Stray Kids... - Wattpad

Sonyeo SidaEXO was a great group. 😅

EXO is SNSD? - Asianfanfics

Writers all over this place! Good to see. 😅

Bts Bangtan Boys GIF - Bts BangtanBoys BangtanSonyeondan - Discover & Share  GIFs | Bts, Bts bangtan boy, Jimin

No group(s) or soloist(s) name, uwu. 😥

99 ideas de Gif tn | gif mujer, historias de wattpad, gif para twitter

The good old days...

A Red Radish in Neverland 💚💜❤️ on Tumblr: MamaVelvet best friendship ❤️💚  I've been watching a lot Red Velvet content recently and I have to say I  really love them!! ❤️...

No group name, sad panda...

Leave One Wolf Alive And The Sheep Are Never Safe — Rm: When he heard you  were in the hospital he got...

Again, no name... sad cake.

gifs and edits - infivel: red velvet - bad boy

You're such a bad ex-wife. 😥

Kim Sejeong GIF

VIDEO LINK

--

Okay guys, I'm officially done and dusted, this is me right now, after reading all these comments.🤣

Mamamoo GIF

VIDEO LINK

• My current ults are Le Sserafim, Stayc and Sejeong

All queens of encore stages

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• Certainly not with Gugudan lol

She had one for sure with Gugudan like 8 years ago? And one as a soloist 3 years ago or so. It's really irritating because she's one of the best Korean vocalist. Yes, I said Korean, not Kpop for a reason.

I did the assignment :wellr:

Did you cook something for the kids, at least? I mean, look at them, they don't look happy... You're forcing them on diet, again? :rolleyes:

think about out now! : hwabyul being weird as per usual

• I love Red Velvet because their songs are

beautiful and often bring me comfort. I love the bond between the members and their vocals are just amazing. They harmonize well with each other.

Mamamoo is like the perfect girl group for me. So talented, involved in their music’s creation. They are charismatic and inspiring. They don’t take themselves very seriously and they are often hilarious. It’s obvious that their bond is real.

Their songs are also really good and often relatable.

• The good old days...

A Red Radish in Neverland 💚💜❤️ on Tumblr: MamaVelvet best friendship ❤️💚  I've been watching a lot Red Velvet content recently and I have to say I  really love them!! ❤️...

It's actually better now. Since they got over the fear of not talking with each other. Moonbyul, Seulgi and Hyojung from OMG keeping in contacts so that's awesome. Majority are busy so it'll be a great surprise if we get videos with them together.

Solar is doing another season of her Youtube adventure, hoping she would bring back the interview segment. Praying for another subunit with Seulgi and Irene so they can be on Moonbyul or Solar's channel. Even Seulgi got her own too!

:pepe-pray::pepe-pray::pepe-pray:

---======---

• #1. Spring Day

#2. everything below

2 Cool 4 Skool (2013):

• Intro: 2 Cool 4 Skool
    • We are Bulletproof pt.2
    • Skit: Circle Room Talk
    • No More Dream
    • Interlude
    • 좋아요 (I Like it)
    • Outro: Circle Room Cypher
    • Skit: On The Start Line
    • 길 (Path)

O!RUL8 2? (2013):

• Intro: O!RUL8 2?
    • N.O
    • We On
    • Skit: R U Happy Now?
    • If I Ruled the World
    • Coffee
    • BTS Cypher pt.1
    • 진격의 방탄 (Attack on Bangtan)
    • 팔도강산 (Satoori Rap)
    • Outro: Luv in Skool

Skool Luv Affair (2014):

• Intro: Skool Luv Affair
    • 상남자 (Boy in Luv)
    • Skit: Soulmate
    • 어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come from?)
    • 하루만 (Just One Day)
    • Tomorrow
    • BTS Cypher pt.2 Triptych
    • 등골브레이커 (Spine Breaker)
    • Jump
    • Outro: Propose
    • Miss Right
    • 좋아요 (I Like It)

Dark & Wild (2014):

• Intro: What am I to You?
    • Danger
    • 호르몬 전쟁 (War of Hormones)
    • 힙합성애자 (Hip-Hop Lover)
    • Let Me Know
    • Rain
    • BTS Cypher pt.3 Killer (ft. Supreme Boi)
    • Interlude:뭐해 (Interlude: What are You Doing?)
    • 핸드폰 좀 꺼줄래 (Turn Off Your Cellphone)
    • 이불킥 (Blanket Kick)
    • 24/7=Heaven
    • 여기 (Look Here)
    • 2학년 (2nd Grade)
    • Outro: 그게 말이 돼? (Outro: Does That Make Sense?)

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life pt. 1 (2015):

• Intro: 화양연화 (The Most Beautiful Moment in Life)
    • I Need U
    • 잡아줘 (Hold Me Tight)
    • Skit: Expectation!
    • 쩔어 (Dope)
    • 흥탄소년단 (Boyz with Fun)
    • Converse High
    • 이사 (Moving On)
    • Outro: Love is Not Over

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life pt. 2 (2015):

• Intro: Nevermind
    • Run
    • Butterfly
    • Whalien 52
    • Ma City
    • 뱁새 (Silver Spoon)
    • Skit: One Night in a Strange City
    • 고엽 (Dead Leaves)
    • Outro: House of Cards

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever (2016):

• Butterfly (prologue remix)
    • 불타오르네 (Fire)
    • Save Me
    • Epilogue: Young Forever
    • House of Cards (Full Length Edition)
    • Love is Not Over (Full-Length Edition)

Wings (2016):

• Intro: Boy Meets Evil
    • 피 땀 눈물 (Blood, Sweat & Tears)
    • Begin (Jungkook solo)
    • Lie (Jimin solo)
    • Stigma (V solo)
    • First Love (Suga solo)
    • Reflection (RM solo)
    • MAMA (J-Hope solo)
    • Awake (Jin solo)
    • Lost
    • BTS Cypher pt.4
    • Am I Wrong
    • 21세기 소녀 (21st Century Girls)
    • 둘! 셋! (그래도 좋은 날이 더 많기를) (Two! Three! (Still Wishing There Will Be Better Days))
    • Interlude: Wings

You Never Walk Alone (2017):

• 봄날 (Spring Day)
    • Not Today
    • Outro: Wings
    • A Supplementary Story: You Never Walk Alone

Love Yourself: Her (2017):

• Intro: Serendipity
    • DNA
    • Best Of Me
    • 보조개 (Dimple)
    • Pied Piper
    • Skit: Billboard Music Award Speech
    • Mic Drop
    • 고민보다 Go (Go Go)
    • Outro: Her
    • 바다 (Sea)
    • Skit: 망설임과 두려움 (Skit: Hesitation & Fear)

Love Yourself: Tear (2018):

• Intro: Singularity
    • Fake Love
    • 전하지 못한 진심 (The Truth Untold)
    • 낙원 (Paradise)
    • Love Maze
    • Magic Shot
    • Airplane pt.2
    • Anpanman
    • So What
    • Outro: Tear

Love Yourself: Answer (2018):

• Euphoria
    • Trivia 起: Just Dance
    • Serendipity (Full Length)
    • Trivia 承: Just Dance
    • Trivia 轉: Seesaw
    • Epiphany
    • I’m Fine
    • IDOL
    • Answer: Love Myself
    • DNA (Pedal 2 LA Mix)
    • FAKE LOVE (Rocking Vibe Mix)
    • MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix, Full Length Edition)
    • IDOL (Remix ft. Nicki Minaj)

Map of the Soul: Persona (2019):

• Intro: Persona
    • Boy with Luv (Feat. Halsey)
    • Mikrokosmos
    • Make It Right
    • HOME
    • Jamais Vu
    • Dionysus

Map of the Soul: 7 (2020):

• Interlude: Shadow
    • Black Swan
    • Filter
    • My Time
    • Louder than bombs
    • ON
    • UGH!
    • 00:00 (Zero O’Clock)
    • Inner Child
    • Friends
    • Moon
    • Respect
    • We are Bulletproof: The Eternal
    • Outro: Ego
  • #1. Spring Day

#2. everything below

OMG! You post a whole Wikipedia page. LOL. 🤣 Here's your cake for your hard work.

goldenmaknae on Planet Minecraft

sorry i only read the thread title. tired of reading david paragraphs so i skipped the rest

Then, why are you wasting your time on a Forum where people have to read? Read your pal, doorknocks' "funny" paragraphs. Go, and play with him. 🤣

Knock Elsa GIF - Knock Elsa Anna GIFs

That's an understatement. 🤣

160302 주간 아이돌 (Weekly Idol) – Moomoo Manual

I just saw minji's pretty face and fell

Kosi Coso | Allie | Substack

It's actually better now. Since they got over the fear of not talking with each other. Moonbyul, Seulgi and Hyojung from OMG keeping in contacts so that's awesome. Majority are busy so it'll be a great surprise if we get videos with them together.

Solar is doing another season of her Youtube adventure, hoping she would bring back the interview segment. Praying for another subunit with Seulgi and Irene so they can be on Moonbyul or Solar's channel. Even Seulgi got her own too!

:pepe-pray::pepe-pray::pepe-pray:

I mean, they're friends for a long time, but I'm not sure any of them would want to do Youtube videos. I would love it, but not if some Kpop fans would say the same. 🤔

• I like their discography consistently = favorite

SNSD is my UB because of their music + they're girls and my age (aaall my other faves are bg)

My biases in each group are chosen by their voices, unfortunately, I'm not a fan of most of their solo efforts :S

But soloists I keep an ear out for are chosen the same way, I like their music.

• I attracted to them after watched Dope MV. Then i listened to their old albums. Fell in love with lot of their songs such as Born Singer, I need you, Path, We On, Rain, Cypher, etc. I listened to their songs 24/7, everyday, and everytime. And then when HYYH pt.2 came i knew that i'll never ever get out from this group.

• Awe cute question it makes me think! Hmm, I think there is a lot of reasons to be honest, but for most of my soloists they are really nugu (like the guy in my current profile picture), I found out because of Airrang Radio and how his mv was mentioned by another smaller artist. He started doing OST's to which has gained some popularity.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love many artists I find through their friendship, (Bobby of ikon I found B.I, Heo Sung-Hyun, Mino, Winner, Simon Dominic, and more).

1. Omega X.

Although a lot of groups that used to be my ults aren't as active currently as a group (For example, BlockB, VICTON, kinda lead me to digging into the 'other fans like these artists' suggestions on different music platforms. Although sadly groups like 1Team, UNVS, BLACK6IX and others aren't together anymore the members often re join groups (Limitless, Spectrum & 1TEAM joined the group 'Omega X') and that's how I found them.

2. B1A4.

I found B1A4 in like 2019(?) ish because my bias Ken of VIXX is friends with my bias Sandeul and he often supports him a lot and mentions him which is how I found that group.

3. 1THE9, D1CE. (Disbanded/ unactive, members solo. D1CE Maknae recently announced his military service. One of the 1THE9 members debuted in a new group).

Through groups like D Crunch, History, MadTown, BoyFriend and Boys Republic I kinda learned what music I enjoyed, and the style I enjoyed even if it changes. Someone who is unique and stands out from the crowd (in my eyes) kinda lead me to this group.

(Through UNB I found A.C.E).

4. Monsta X.

They did a collab stage a long time ago with Seventeen, and through that friendship I found the group, it was also during the uncertain TRCNG and BAP time, where an old (no longer) friend mentioned them to me I could see their music taste and the cool storyline of The Clan series.

5. Go Young Ho. (GRIZZLY).

(His IG isn't working currently, but once he responds to my comment again, or makes a notice about it. I can update it here if you would like).

And lastly, Go Young Ho is an artist I found because of Shinwon. When I used to have IG, Shinwon mentioned him and thanked him for always supporting him, but also purchasing new soccer gear for the members not because they couldn't all afford it, but it mostly matched which I found adorable.

In his comment sections, and often titles his videos and a series I love, 'where should I sing next?' (poorly translated title of the long Korean VER), and will pick one and do it! (Like these for example)

If you frequent the what kpop song thread you listen to thread, you might recognize him from these:

What a lovely quesstion! :black-heart::white-heart::green-heart:

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!