Posts by WhyKnock

So that there will be another hiatus again?

BTS are close with each other but it's obviously because they just want to get over with the military enlistment. Delaying it further is just like waiting for a bomb to explode.

By that time there would have been a new Big Hit act to carry the mantle, instead of TWS who does NOT share any tradition with BTS.

And Taylor Swift would have gotten older and would not have had the chance to conquer the world.

Read my comments to others. If they could have dragged it till this summer it would have been likely that they would have gotten the exemption since the faction which was more keen to send them to the military lost badly and have lost most of its power.

Or maybe the youngest members did not want to

Probably RM, who felt he was the leader, and the younger 3 following RM's orders. It will create a lift in 2026 as they find things would NOT be like what they had expected and the ethos of the world having moved on from them, and all but RM and JK (who Bang will hold on to) leaving Hybe by end of 2027

Because the members decided that

Y’all act like Hybe forced BTS to enlist on their terms when they would have rather benefited off a BTS unit.

This was a decision made by the members themselves. You can call it brotherhood or whatever but I remember during chapter 2, how every single member wanted to go on a tour together as a whole

What they say and what they do are different since after all they did not go together

With Taylor Swift having built an unscaleable wall around them, it would have been much better for the younger 4 to have kept her in check and deny her world domination

With the new congress in Korea, with the rabid conservatives largely silenced and the incels having no political power , their exemption would probably have been granted and they would be ruling the world. Too bad for the older 3, but such is life.

Instead, with their absence, txt was not able to keep the domination of Big Hit in Hybe itself as Bang started more and more projects, including buying a share of UMC and making sure BTS does not fight Taylor Swift, and Big Hit not raising any new acts and letting Pledis' TWS to run around Hybe with nothing stopping them.

World Conquest is done without such quaint notion as brotherhood.

Super insightful from you why knock.

I honestly agree with you about hybe not respecting the older acts in big hit, txt is being overshadowed by tws which I agree on. Bighit did mess up big time with the youngest members and I still think that will be what causes their popularity to sink. I mean I'm not and never will be a fan of Taylor but she has kicked all other acts to the curb with her tour. BTS and Bighit missed out big time. All because they wanted to serve together, which I get, brotherhood and all, but damn the things we could've gotten from them. Army would've grown bigger with the 5th gen and BTS would still be on top.

Like now hybe is just relying on seventeen and new jeans and in the long run we'll have to see how that plays out for them.

Brotherhood and all meant nothing in real world. It might mean something in comic books written for teen boys, but in real world, out of sight, out of mind.

Taylor has basically made all acts in the world obsolete, and will rule the world like Michael Jackson did before his indecent behaviors.

The correct thing for Seokjin to do was to leave the group for the time being, since he being the oldest dragged the group into this, and ask to be re-admitted later. He did not do that.

The opportunity cost of BTS is simply incalculable.

The rise of TWS cements the fact that Pledis will be the future of Hybe's boy groups, while the three divisions, Source, Ador and Belift, will fight for girl group supremacy, and all of them shunning BTS as someone who belonged to the past.

It has been 2 years from BTS' last cost in USA, and 5 years for the rest of the world. Long time for most Armies to have move on to other acts, most blatant in Korea who voted New Jeans over BTS last year.

Given the behavior of various newer Hybe acts not expressing any respect to BTS, it seems Hybe is not waiting for its return.

TWS and Illit do not know BTS, and it is unlikely that they will show any respect on it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This being allowed to occur means there is no preferential treatment for Big Hit acts (BTS and txt) over other a under the Hybe umbrella, and while Pledis, an acquired label, now has a new group TWS, who is competing against IU for the Yearly #1 in Melon, there are no new acts coming out from Big Hit. It seems given the way things are going, TWS will become Hybe's newer generation boy group (whatever Zico is doing has been buried, no one really caring about it, and Zico himself seems to be more interested in his own activities)

The question some people had asked is

"Why Hybe did NOT run a unit, composed of the younger four, while the older three were in the military?"

They could have dragged their military service till 2025 and given that the ruling party, more keen to send them to the military, lost badly in the general election earlier this month, it is probable that with the rise of Taylor Swift the younger four would have gotten the exemption. Instead, Seventeen (and by corollary probably TWS too) will get the exemption. (SVT has 2 Chinese, 2 Americans and the leader who got his exemption so 5 of 13 members won't attend the military, making it possible to do tours when the other 8 members might serve in turns)

As a result Seventeen became the act which sold the most albums in last year, although its reaches outside of Asia are still quite limited. Will Seventeen or TWS respect BTS now? I doubt it.

The younger four, or yioungest three depending who you ask, were the 'core' of the group, and the older three, I have to say, were less essential. It would have been possible to do world stadium tours with the younger four, "RJVJ", which would have kept Taylor Swift from having the biggest tour of all time and out of the Person of the Year title, which won't be surpassed by any singer, ever.

Now anything BTS might do after they are discharged is meaningless since they can never defeat Tahlor Swift again. Never. I have debunked the longer run theory some Koreans had floated around, showing the collapse of IU earlier on this year, although IU did maintain her positin thanks to Yoon Mirae and Tiger JK pulling a Fifty Fifty on Bibi.

Once the momentum is lost, it is only a slower decline, like Drake playing second fiddle to Taylor Swift during the last November battle between Jungkook and Taylor Swift, with Drake, SZA and Doja Cat, plus the Beatles, becoming sidekicks for the UMC singer.

I do think that the RJVJ unit would have kept the BTS fervor going. Now it will have to start from scratch, ridiculed by TWS and Illit.

MINJU sang ‘Eyes, Nose, Lips’ by TAEYANG on MBC’s Song Stealer.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not surprising since she must have sung it a lot when she was under YG

You give too much credit to Yunah. I think she does not really belong to there. When Youngseo was there Yunah would serve some function, but with YS's departure Yunah is like Sojin of GIrls' Day, even though Y is of the same age with 2 other members.

This list makes no sense - if it was groups vs solos i would maybe get it but you’re (billboard, not op) telling me individuals from groups who haven’t even had any solo success or even releases are going to outrank bts members? And if it’s on the basis of group activities why rank as individuals ? One thing is clear, they’re going to get the clicks they’ve designed this ludicrous article to attract.

It was necessary to exclude someone who was occupying one of the top idol spots in Korea for a long time, perhaps undeservingly since she was not relevant in other countries.

Unlike them, I have not recovered from the loss of the Global Empire BTS has built, and the cold truth that it won't be returning because Taylor Swift has firmly established her global supremacy.

The irony is while the 3 major companies could not overthrow BTS, the owner of Edam Entertainment (at that time ) did succeed by wresting Korea, and Korea's general opinion, by producing the #1 video watched in Korea back in 2021.

Hook or crook, successs is all it matters. Hybe did what it had to do, while other companies did not.

Ooh ok thanks, I wasn't sure who was in charge of I-land anymore. I don't know much about Wakeone but I hope she ends up somewhere good too as she's talented

She will be in I-Land 2

External Content youtu.be
    f

However she seems to have made a complete change from the days when she was at R U Next, having completely transformed into the 'girl crush' type.

However, given that a YG trainee now leads the R U Next group for all practical purposes (it has no official leader but the ex YG Trainee is the leader for all practical purposes), I doubt whether Teddy will allow a former Hybe trainee to have a prominent position in his act.

If the debut song of the R U Next act did not become an explosive hit not too many people would have paid attention to the former YG trainee in that group, but now too much attention was paid to that member. A bad news for Jeemin, which is how she now spells her name.