allkpop's aim is to provide a safe and comfortable environment where we can interact and discuss all things kpop, jpop, kdramas, anime and more. In order to do this, we ask that you read and abide by certain etiquette, guidelines and rules, outlined below.
NOTE: While allkpop's public discord channel spells out its own rules, the aim is essentially the same - be decent, keep it civil, don't spam etc. For any question related to the forum and its rules, please use the Ask a Staff Member thread. Questions are easier to lose in the many channels and messages on allkpop's public discord channel.
- Abide by the rules.
- Intent matters, so think before posting.
- It is better to ask, rather than tell.
- Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Respect others as you would like to be respected.
☑ Think before posting
☑ Maintain only one active account at a time
☑ Be respectful, especially when addressing issues to/with staff
☑ Use the report button
☒ Negatively derail, especially in appreciation threads
☒ Post explicitly disallowed content:
☒ Post abusive content including:
☒ Re-report a post already reported.
The rules are to follow the etiquette and guidelines above.
Our moderators reserve the right to move, edit or delete any questionable post or thread in violation of the etiquette and guidelines above as well as warn users to prevent repeat offences.
NOTE: Mod notes will be left to indicate a questionable post has been seen.
The following types of posts are most likely to incur penalties:
- sexualizes minors.
- misrepresents people or situations purposefully.
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any person.
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others.
- contains slurs or offensive language, is nonsensical and/or irrelevant.
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others.
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable.
NOTE: Please be aware that allkpop's community consists of minors. Posts sexualizing minors in any way will result in the strictest punishment which can include a permaban.
All warnings (also called WPs for warning points) as well as warning expirations are given at the moderator's discretion.
Warnings can range from a verbal warning (0 points) to a permanent ban (6 points).
Warning expirations are based on a range and can range from 30 (minor) to 90 (major) days.
NOTE: Gross offences (ex pedophilia) may lead to a direct first offence ban.
- 3 Warning Points = Signature Removal
- 4 Warning Points = Signature + Avatar Removal
- 5 Warning Points = 2 Week Ban
- 6 Warning Points = Permaban