Did your faves deliver in 2022 ?

• Were you surprised by their comebacks ? Satisfied ? Disappointed ?

And who among the groups that you don't stan positively or negatively surprised you ?

What debut did you like ?

Red Velvet and Mamamoo delivered for me but it was not their best year in terms of group releases. Red Vevet have better b-sides that what they offered in 2022. I love the title tracks. It was a nice comeback for Mamamoo but it's hard to judge since they only released three songs. The solo releases were also pretty nice. Special mentions to Moonbyul Cheese in the trap, Seulgi 28 reasons album and Solar Dun Dun Dun.

I am not going to talk much about BTS because they only release an anthology album. Run BTS is a great song. Yet to come is nice but I am not really digging it when I usually prefer their ballads. Special mention to Stay Alive and Indigo (what a great album by Namjoon).

Twice delivered with their album but Talk that talk is my least favorite title track by them. It's still decent. Dreamcatcher released good music as usual but Maison and Vision are a bit underwhelming compared to their others title tracks.

I began to think that Purple Kiss music quality is a bit inconsistent for me. I don't listen much to their last album and I found Zombie and Ponzona better than MemeM and Nerdy.

Oh my girl and Apink albums are great but their title tracks are a bit underwhelming this year.

G-(I)dle quality was satisfying for me. I like Tomboy album more than the title track and it's the other way around for Nxde. I prefer the title track to the b-sides.

SNSD positevely surprised me. Same for aespa. I love their comebacks. Cherry Bullet finally released a good title track after a while. I was counting on them. Love in space is almost as good as Q&A.

I hope that IU will release some music in 2023. Hynn released her best album this year. Orpheus is a great song.

I liked some debuts these years. Lovelyz Yein made her solo debut and I love it. I also love the single that she has just released Bus. I like Alice and Irris songs. Their companies did something right when they chose to debut them again. Fearless and Newjeans album are great. HYBE is on the right path with them. CSR is promising.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• bigbangs comeback DELIVEREDDDDDDD

baps comeback nonexistent

historys comeback nonexistent

golden bomber (do japanese bands count?) DELIVER BOYYYYYYYYY
    bts comeback delivered

&TEAMs debut AHHHHH DELIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Most of my faves are on some form of hiatus at the moment but the group and solo stuff that we did get was excellent imo. I don't think I was disappointed by any that I can remember.

• Oh my girl and Apink albums are great but their title tracks are a bit underwhelming this year.

100% true!

Although I did thoroughly enjoy Weeekly's Ven Para the lack of a second comeback is really disappointing. The only thing saving Weeekly is there one Christmas song which is wonderful. Air Plane Mode and Love are grand slams but did not received the standing ovation they should have. I really feel like IST is allowing both them and Apink to be forgotten. Copy Cat was a disaster. The same goes for Oh My Girl, has their company given up? (There's a third group that I really like, what's their name... O yeah, Everglow. They disband? <---Sarcasm)

The groups that saved K-Pop:

Dreamcatcher definitely delivered

Stayc knocked it out of the park every second of every minute, of every hour of the day.

Twice: Scientist, the Feels and Talk that Talk were mind blowing.

Fromis9 was AMAZING this year! I miss Jang Gyuri but I'm happy she's following her dreams.

Debuts pushed what I think would have barely been an average year over the top and gave us some great songs and groups.

• Taeyeon, BIBI & Seulgi release :

perfection-michael-fassbender.gif

Mamamoo :

I liked their mini-album even if it was only 3 songs. There was a diversity in the songs I think both new and old fans were able to enjoy at least one song.

I liked Wheein solo album so much, Moonbyul solo was also really good and i liked the concept. Solar's album was a little disappointing on the other hand, I understand that she wanted to have fun and I don't blame her but please solar use your wonderful voice so powerful, give us this diva solar that we are waiting for a lot.

Very happy with the arrival of Mamamoo + the sub units will finally arrive I look forward to the duo Solar / Hwasa and Moonbyul / Wheein.

ITZY :

They tried different musical styles this year, overall I liked the two mini albums released. But I regret that this year we didn't have this representative choreo of ITZY this year. Sneakers was a nice summer song but honestly the mini album was good. Cheshire mini was good too.

However, I remain convinced that the potential of the group remains totally under exploited and that they deserve much better than what JYP gives them.

Red Velvet :

So I know it's unpopular, but I really liked the mini album "birthday". I think it's still very underestimated by the fans. I also liked their japanese release & Feel my rythm mini. And the MV this year was really good. I criticized Queendom last year but this year I'm happy. I hope that a mini album of Irene & Yeri is also planned, they are the only one missing now.

(G)I-DLE :

My GG of the year, The concepts were interesting and the two mini-album were very good. I still miss Soojin very much but the girls did a good job despite everything this year and I really liked their performances at MAMA. A little more disappointed with miyeon's mini album but I really loved the title track though, drive is a really good songs. I feel like Shuhua has gained a bit more confidence in herself, i hope we'll see more of her next year. And I hope we will have a full album soon.

Purple Kiss :

Not much to say about them, I found their songs very good and the choreos also I liked their video intro for their comeback and the little story telling. They don't have a clearly defined musical style, but why bereft yourself when you're good at everything? The choreos are also very good. I think they are very different from other GGs and should stay that way, there are so many ggs out there now that difference can only be a good thing. The fanbase however seems older than normal for a young group, I think they shouldn't embarrass themselves and don't hesitate to do much more mature concepts as was a little more the case with "can we talk again".

IU :

It was not the most movement year musically but the few songs she gave us were good. And I'm very happy that her acting career has been so rewarded this year. :red-heart:

Hyuna :

Very very disappointing, she gets completely lost in these somewhat psychedelic concepts. I hope she will come back to something simpler and that suits her better. I understand that the sexy concept tires her but there are plenty of other concepts she can do too.

MAJORS :

Underrated as fuck, i hope they'll gain some popularity next year. Fighting ;(

• Onew: I wished for a full album however the mini was nice. His Japanese album made up and give me the bulks of songs I needed.

Key: he had a clear vision and really delivered.

Minho: I love the vibe of his solo debut, MV is too sad for my taste.

RV: FMR is great, bday not my type

IVE: love dive is so great, I got tired of after like after awhile

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Quote from Eldeweiss

Did your faves deliver in 2022?

Yeah, they packaged themself into cardboard boxes, lined inside with tissue paper, wrapped themself into bubble wrap, than put wrapping paper around the cardboard boxes and finished the whole look with a nice ribbon and than slaped a sticker with an adress on it and sended themself to the post office right in time to be shiped to the army between October 2021-Juli 2022

The army is keeping them till 2023 before returning them to the customer service

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• My faves took a good 5 years to release new music and yes, they delivered.

My other faves are returning to the scene and they have delivered every time so far.

As to my other, lesser loved faves, I've failed them all as I have barely paid attention to their releases this year.

• Yes and No.

BTS - Their comeback to me is meh, yet to come is okay, I like it, but it's not that much, I'm just glad they released Born Singer.

On the other hand, we have their solos which are incredible, RM released the best full album this year, J-hope showed a new side of him with an amazing full album, and Jin released his best solo.

Twice - A good year, as always, finally we've had the first solo, which was fantastic and then TTT which is an excellent title track. Nothing I didn't expect.

Itzy - I don't feel passionate about them anymore, I just don't like the direction they are following.

VIVIZ - They released the best summer song, Loveade is such a bop.

OMG - Their title track was just meh, but they released the best full album by a k-pop group this year.

BOL4 - This year has been the best one since Red Diary, she just has released bops. She really needed that hiatus.

Heize - Great 2nd full album, she just can't do bad music.

BIBI - My disappointment of the year, she has released some bops this year, like Best lover, but her album is just mehh, I had high expectations after loving all her past music, Binu, Kazino, Pado, etc., but at the end it just felt flat.

Lesserafim - One of the best ggs right now, the chemistry, the music, the content they release, I'm in love with what they are doing.

NewJeans - My biggest surprise this year, I didn't know I would love them this much, their music and concept is something I didn't know I wanted to this point. I haven't liked a group this much since I discovered Twice.

• SNSD: I was SO happy just to get a comeback! The song may not be my favorite song of them, but it was definitly good. I was a bit disappointed with the concept, though. Because it was just another Party song, just like the comebacks before that. But like I said, there was a comeback, so I'm just not complaining xD

(G)I-DLE: L.O.V.E these songs! I was a bit sceptical of Tomboy at first, but I just love the lyrics and the message! And the song grew on me rapidly. Nude I liked from the beginning, but when I only read the title, I was wondering were this one was going. Again love the message! The bravery of these girls to take a "clean" genre like KPop and turn to social critic in their lyrics is just remarkable. Go Girls!

DreamCatcher: Started stanning them this year. They were always interesting to me, but after Mansion got my attention, I finally checked their works out more and I absolutely love their uniqueness. Having a Girl Group with a rock influence get their first ever win with a song calling for more environmental awareness and protection of nature really made my year!

Purple Kiss: I'm a lover of the more quirky and funny concepts and the girls delivered with Nerdy. Liked the song, loved the MV, loved the stages. I know Girl Crush is the trend right now, but I just yearn for the old funny side of KPop and I see a glimpse of it here. Didn't like memeM that much, but Pretty Psycho and Cursor.

KARD: Really like their latin vibe and Ring the Alarm was great to just listen to in the summer. Gave me relaxed vacation vibes at home. I was a bit disappointed at first, because I love their powerful songs, but it grew on my very fast in the heat. I grew up with a lot of Reggae music so I apprechiated the influence in this.

LESSERAFIM: New stan group. Fearless ended up being my most listened to song this year. Just fit in with my journey of healing from the disaster that 2020 and 2021 were for me. I was not sure with both Fearless and Antifragile when I did a first listen, but both songs were absolute bops!

An honorable mention has to go out to KARA! I was never a stan, more like a casual fan, but When I Move was an absolute bop! As an old KPop Fan seeing a few of the iconic groups like KARA, SNSD and BIGBANG making comebacks made me feel nostalgic and very happy to see these guys going strong. :oops:

• Blackpink - They returned. That is enough to say they delivered for me. Its so great seeing them active again and still slaying. I enjoyed Born Pink and all the songs, especially Tally and Shut Down. I love that they continually managed to... ahem... shut down the near endless stream of petty, jealous criticism levelled at them. I saw them live in concert at Seoul and it was AMAZING and just reaffirmed my love for them.

ITZY - I loved all their tracks this year to various degrees, especially their Japanese releases. They seem to have regained their confidence after being very shaky in 2021, and they are touring and performing again, which is where their strengths lie. And my bias, Chaeryeong, really came into her own and proved to everyone that she is amazing, charismatic and beautiful. Contrary to some others here, I also LOVED all their non music stuff, like goofy live cooking and the LA stuff.

Dreamcatcher - Maison and Apocalypse: Save Us was a great album, with their first win. I loved that EVERY member got a solo song, with Beauty Full and For being favourites. They got to tour as well, and they are another group for which touring and live performance is SUPER important for them. I wasn't super wowed with Follow Us, and hope they go back to their rock sound. They are another group I managed to see live in Korea with a very memorable, but emotional show slightly marred by happening a day after a National tragedy. I also miss seeing a reality series with them this year, as they always deliver hilarity with their stuff.

Rolling Quartz - This group keeps going up and up. Their fanbase is growing, and all their stuff this year has been amazing. It took me a bit to warm to NAZABABARA, but I love it now. I love that even as a very small group, they took criticism about a problematic part of their NAZABABARA MV and reshot the whole thing and ditched promo material. They always have some kind of content, free online concert or goodies for their fandom. I also saw them live at a Halloween concert in Hongdae and it was... just fucking amazing. So much energy, so much talent. and I... MANAGED TO GET AREMS GUITAR PIC, AND SHE'S MY BIAS AND I LOVE HER AND IT'S SOMETHING I'M GO TO TREASURE ALWAYS AND OMG.

• Taeyeon: great title track and album (though imo not quite as good as her first 2 which are masterpieces). A little tangent, it's been so reassuring to see her much more open and happy the past year after all the troubles she's been through.

Hyoyeon: very disappointing tbh. Her mini album debut tuned ou to be a damn collection of already previously released singles + 2 new songs. Deep was kinda bland but Stupid was good.

SNSD: Amazing. Fantastic. Superb. Awesome. Forever 1 was the perfect track for them with a fun song for casuals but had references for long time fans. The album was top tier. But the best thing was how it was a full on usual SNSD CB - lots of variety shows, lots of chaos, seeing them perform live. Even SM Town had a different atmosphere with their presence. It felt like I went back in time to when I first found SNSD and everything was fresh and exciting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!