Miyeon

• I. Introduction

Miyeon is a South Korean singer under Cube Entertainment. She is the main vocalist of the South Korean girl group (G)I-DLE and she is the oldest member.

During middle school, a friend urged her to audition at YG ent. She auditioned and became a trainee at YG Entertainment. Miyeon trained at YG for 5 years, and chose to leave the company in early 2015.

During Miyeon's time at the vocal academy, she received a recommendation to audition for Cube ent. Although she only had a short time to prepare for the audition, she passed the audition and was added to (G)I-DLE debut line up as the main vocalist. Miyeon trained really hard with (G)I-DLE members and made her debut with the girl group in 2018.

II. Career

Miyeon officially debuted with (G)I-DLE on May 2, 2018 with their mini-album ''I Am'' and the title song ''LATATA''

On October 26, 2018, it was confirmed that Miyeon would perform at the League of Legends World Finals Opening Ceremony 2018, along with Soyeon,Madison Beer and Jaira Burns. The four singers provided voices for the virtual K-pop girl group K/DA, with Miyeon voicing Ahri, one of the most popular champions in League of Legends. Their song ''POP-STARS'' went viral on YouTube and topped Billboard's World Digital Songs chart.

In 2019, Miyeon collaborated with Hangzoo with the song ''Cart'' as part of Amoeba Culture X Devine Channel Code Share Project.

In 2020, she appeared on MBC's music competition program King of Mask Singer. She went on to win the first round with 64 points. In the second round, she performed Yoon Mi-rae's "Goodbye Sadness and Hello Happiness" but lost to Im Kang-sung. Her vocal performance received a warm reception by both audience and panels. Cho's voice was described as smokey, but soulful.

On August 27, 2020, she portrayed again for League of Legends character Ahri in the virtual musical group K/DA for ''THE BADDEST'' featuring vocals by Soyeon of (G)I-DLE, Bea Miller and Wolftyla. It is a single from K/DA's ALL OUT EP.

In September, 2020, it was revealed that Miyeon would make her acting debut as the female lead in web-drama Replay: The Moment as Yoo Hayoung, a popular YouTuber and band vocalist. She has a cold and chic personality, but a generous and kind-hearted person. The drama depicts an empathetic romance in a clumsy and anxious, but dreams and love of reliving past emotions in the present eighteen youth.

In October, Miyeon sung "We Already Fell In Love" together with Minnie as part of Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol soundtrack and in November sung "My Destiny" as part of Tale of the Nine Tailed soundtrack.

III. MIYEON FACTS

- She’s a former YG Trainee.

- She's an only child.

- She loves nail arts.

- She was supposed to debut with BlackPink but she left YG Entertainment.
    - She joined YG Entertainment the same time as BlackPink's Jennie.

- Miyeon is left-handed.

- She knows how to play the piano and violin.
    - She attended media class because she was very interested in composing songs and writing lyrics.
    - Miyeon’s favorite color is green.
    - She shares a room with Soyeon.

- She’s currently in League of Legends group K/DA.

Credits to kprofiles for these facts.