Posts by ChoIzanami

I'm a big fan of the weird and funny concepts, like Orange Caramel or Crayon Pop were known for doing. Not Norazo-crazy xD

They're getting rarer and rarer these days, which is sad. These concepts were what attracted me to K-Pop, because they were just so different and fresh.

I also like horror concepts, but more the G-DRagon "She's Gone"-Horror.

I want to get back to a regular workout routine.

I injured my foot back in summer last year and what I thought was maybe two weeks of a swollen painful foot turned into 6 months of crutches, scans and physical therapy. It's still not fully recovered. But it's better and I was adviced to just start a bit of light workout, so I just wanna see what I can do and what may still be painful.

Taeyeon is said to be a good driver. She's a good parker, we witnessed that xD

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But I guess it's natural for someone who has a licence for 10+ years and drives a lot out to their family to be a better driver than a young idol with a new licence that only gets to drive in the city because the manager insists on driving them anywhere. xD

My standouts were definitly Nerdy, Pretty Psycho and Cursor. memeM was not really my thing, I have to admit. But I think it's normal to have songs like that in an artists repertoire.

Nerdy I just loved the vibe of. The MV was quirky and funny and I miss this concept in K-Pop these days, so I really liked it. And I love loose hoodies, so the first line already made me giggle xD

Pretty Psycho was just a bit different and I took a liking to it because of the vibe. It gave me that "Thriller anime", Higurashi vibe. Really nice!

Cursor was just the emotional path I really love. It's a great song to listen to if you had a day straight out the garbage can.

I went to an expensive Steak House with my bf for our 14th anniversary this year and I ordered an argentinian beef filet. I. was. amazing!

Soft, juicy, great sear. Loved it and I really want to bring my siblings there. We grew up poor so eating expensive food is still a new experience for me ^^'

SNSD: I was SO happy just to get a comeback! The song may not be my favorite song of them, but it was definitly good. I was a bit disappointed with the concept, though. Because it was just another Party song, just like the comebacks before that. But like I said, there was a comeback, so I'm just not complaining xD

(G)I-DLE: L.O.V.E these songs! I was a bit sceptical of Tomboy at first, but I just love the lyrics and the message! And the song grew on me rapidly. Nude I liked from the beginning, but when I only read the title, I was wondering were this one was going. Again love the message! The bravery of these girls to take a "clean" genre like KPop and turn to social critic in their lyrics is just remarkable. Go Girls!

DreamCatcher: Started stanning them this year. They were always interesting to me, but after Mansion got my attention, I finally checked their works out more and I absolutely love their uniqueness. Having a Girl Group with a rock influence get their first ever win with a song calling for more environmental awareness and protection of nature really made my year!

Purple Kiss: I'm a lover of the more quirky and funny concepts and the girls delivered with Nerdy. Liked the song, loved the MV, loved the stages. I know Girl Crush is the trend right now, but I just yearn for the old funny side of KPop and I see a glimpse of it here. Didn't like memeM that much, but Pretty Psycho and Cursor.

KARD: Really like their latin vibe and Ring the Alarm was great to just listen to in the summer. Gave me relaxed vacation vibes at home. I was a bit disappointed at first, because I love their powerful songs, but it grew on my very fast in the heat. I grew up with a lot of Reggae music so I apprechiated the influence in this.

LESSERAFIM: New stan group. Fearless ended up being my most listened to song this year. Just fit in with my journey of healing from the disaster that 2020 and 2021 were for me. I was not sure with both Fearless and Antifragile when I did a first listen, but both songs were absolute bops!

An honorable mention has to go out to KARA! I was never a stan, more like a casual fan, but When I Move was an absolute bop! As an old KPop Fan seeing a few of the iconic groups like KARA, SNSD and BIGBANG making comebacks made me feel nostalgic and very happy to see these guys going strong. :oops:

Not being able to understand another persons point of view or being unable to see things from anothers perpective can be an occuring symptom in Autism. Usually autistic people generally struggle with Empathy, the ability to feel for someone or to understand why someone feels the way they feel. Autism also makes it very hard for these people to understand or detect emotion or why certain situations trigger emotions. They might not realise you're angry although it clearly shows in your face or don't understand why the sensitive thing they said hurt you.

I worked with an autistic person for a short time and they often struggle with understanding peoples needs and can only see their own. It's not malicious, they don't want to hurt you, but they just can't. It's usually very uncomfortable for them, because they usually get misunderstood.

Delusions can also cause people to perceive something as stronger or real that actually isn't. Like thinking someone is the best mother when in reality they're abusive or being convinced that Actor A is in love with you and sends you signals through their films. Delusions are a symptom often seen in schizophrenia. People often think, Schizophrenia is only limited to people hearing voices or having a split personality. In reality, these extreme cases are very rare. This mental disorder can cause you to halucinate, perceive simple conversations as frightning or threatening, including your opinion on something they like.

But usually if someone just doesn't understand that what the love is not the best thing in the world, it's egoism or narcism and has more to do with pride than with a psych problem.

Nice to see them together. Nako and Hitomi did a few things together in Japan, like photoshoots etc. With Nako announcing graduation, it's likely they won't be able to spend that much time together in the future. But I really hope this won't be their last time travelling together.

I prefer single player games. I'm not really competative and play games mainly to relax and have some fun, so I like leaning back on the couch and emerse in a different world. I love games with deep stories, complex characters and big worlds, but also relaxing games without a clear "win" or "end".

Although I like playing a multi-player music game with a few friends or siblings and there's one online game I play, but never alone, only with my premades.

Listening to music and singing - My family loves music. My cousins father is a music teacher, who plays a lot of instruments, my grandfather plays drums in a small local band. My uncle plays drums in a heavy metal band big enough to tour Europe regularly. My dad was a music journalist. My mother was a singer in school. So music is a big part of our lives.

Video Games - Playing video games together at home was a family past time. My dad is disabled, so we never went on trips, but we played Mario Kart or Rock Band together. My Dad gave his GameBoy to me when I turned 10 and playing with friends or my siblings became a great hobby.

Cooking - I rarely cooked, when I was younger, so I had to learn from scratch when I moved out. I moved in with some friends shortly after and because most of them were working and I was at uni, I took on most of the housework, including cooking. Good food was a luxury for me, so I started to learn about preparing the food without ruining and wasting it.

Painting by Numbers - My mental health deteriorated a few years back and I lost interest in a lot of hobbies, but my therapist suggested something creative and calm, so I tried it out and found great relaxation and satisfaction in it ^^

Fearless was my song of the year, really liked it.

I also liked Wa Da Da, but somehow the "Oh oh"-part after the chorus was just... not my thing.

Attention just didn't grab my attention that much. It's not a bad song, it was just not sticking with me.

Was really interested in O.O, but the song just didn't fit my taste in music.

I was born in Cologne and grew up in close proximity. When we were young, my family was pretty poor, but for a few years, we would all take the money we were gifted on Christmas and go to Cologne to spend it. We never had a lot of decorations and no tree, so I was always in love with all the lights in the city. We even had the fairytale snowy year, where the lights tainted the snow on the ground and everything looked like a movie. It was great!

My first two favorite groups were SNSD and SHINee.

In SNSD it was Jessica I was able to recognize very quickly, because her vocal tone was so unique.

In SHINee it was Onew, because his voice sounded so warm and I really love it. Seriously, he could read the phone book to me and I would still be mesmerized.

I'm generally really bad at recognizing the members of any group on the first listen. It's kinda embarassing :oops:

Christmas and there's also a day called "Nikolaus".

It's not really a holiday, but in the evening of December 6th, most cities and villages have a small meet up at a community place like the community center, where a person dressed as St. Nikolaus gives out bags with sweets to children.

St. Nikolaus of Myra was a bishop, that allegedly brought about a few miracles in his lifetime, like saving a ship from a snowstorm and cohercing a rich trader to share his corn with the starving people.

There's also St. Martins day on November 11th, where lantern parades walk throught settlements to a big fire. There's a special treat, a bake shaped like a man with a pipe, that is traditionally eaten to honor St. Martin, Martin of Tours, also a bishop, known for slicing his own warm cloak in half to safe a poor man from freezing. Usually small children handcraft their lanterns in kindergarten, while older teenagers and adults carry torches, that they toss into the Martins fire when reaching it.

My name is Cho Izanami, which roughly translates to "The butterfly that invites you to come inside"

When I started getting interested in the internet and chatting and playing games and stuff, I didn't want to use my real name, but wanted something people could still recgonize me by, so my dad actually suggested to create a synonym for me. I wanted something japanese, because I just loved the culture, the music, the anime, everything.

I chose the word Chō, japanese for Butterfly, because I love butterflies and my favorite game was Fatal Frame 2 at the time, where butterflies are a central thing. I just decided to change the ō to o to make it easier for my fellow europeans to read. I was a teenager at that point and a grew up in the countryside.

Izanami is a japanese Shinto goddess, that created the world alongside her husband Izanagi. After her death her husband falls into despair and decends to hell to look for her, but her undead appearance scares him and he abandons her, so she becomes the queen of hell.

Cho is still a legite nickname, that my friends use in real life.