ONEW

• I. Introduction

Onew (온유) is the main vocalist and leader of SHINee. He was initially recruited by Lee Soo Man into SM Entertainment when he attended a Girls' Generation showcase as a student. He did an on-the-spot audition, and immediately signed a contract the next day. He debuted with SHINee in May 25th, 2008 on SBS' Inkigayo with their single 'Replay'. He has continued to make music with SHINee since.

Onew has also played roles in plenty of musicals. He made his musical debut starting with 'Brothers were Brave' in 2010. He made his drama debut during the same year in 'Dr.Champ' as a small role of a doctor during the last episode. His most well known role is Lee Chi Hoon in the drama, 'Descendants of the Sun'.

In terms of other music outside of SHINee, On September 2nd, 2008; he was a featured artist in the song, 'Vanilla Love', by Lee Hyunji in her album, 'Kiss Me Kiss me'. Onew was also featured in 'One Year Later' with Jessica from Girls' Generation as part of the Girls' Generation album, 'Genie', which was released on June 29th, 2009. He participated in the duet song, 'Starry Night' with Lee Jin-ah for SM Station on August 12th, 2016. Onew then particpated in another SM Station duet song called 'Lullaby' with Roco of Rocoberry the following year. He made his official solo debut with his EP, 'Voice', on December 5th, 2018.

His fandom name is 'M.V.P'. Which derives from his line in 'Replay'. (Noona you're my M.V.P) He also has the official fandom color of green.

II. Discography

Solos

VOICE

December 5th, 2018
    Album

Collaborations

'One Year Later'
    Jessica & Onew

June 29th, 2009
    From EP album, 'Genie'

'Starry Night'
    Lee Jinah & Onew

Augyst 12th, 2016
    From SM Station Season 1

'Lullaby'
    Roco of Rocoberry and Onew

May 5th, 2017
    From SM Station Season 2

Features

'Vanilla Love'
    Lee Hyunji feat. Onew

September 2nd, 2008
    From EP album, 'Kiss me Kiss me'

'Vanilla Love Part 2'
    Lee Hyunji feat. Onew

December 9th, 2008

'Play The Field'
    Kim Yeon Woo feat. Onew, Yoo In Na

May 10th, 2018
    From album, 'Forever Yours'

OST

'In Your Eyes'

October 4th, 2012
    From 'To the Beautiful You OST'

'Moonlight'

February 18th, 2014
    From 'Miss Korea OST'

'Shadow'

February 4th, 2021
    From 'Breakup Probation: One Week OST'

'Goodbye Days' with Kei and 'Meet Me When The Sun Goes Down'

May 24th, 2021
    From 'Midnight Sun' OST

III. Filmography

Film

Title Role Air date
    'I Am' As himself
    May 15th, 2012
    'SMTOWN The Stage' As himself
    August 13th, 2015

TV dramas

Title Role Air date
    'Dr. Champ' Park Ki-young (cameo in episode 16) September 27th- November 16th, 2010
    'Athena: Goddess of War' Himself (cameo in episode 7) December 13th, 2010- February 21st, 2011
    'Oh My God x2' Himself (cameo in episode 11) May 2nd, 2011- January 30th, 2012
    'Pure Love' Coi Joon Young's cousin (episode 59) February 18th- August 14th, 20
    'Welcome to Royal Villa'
    Baek-soo July 15th, 2013- September 9th, 2013
    'Descendants of the Sun'
    Lee Chihoon
    February 24th- April 22nd, 2016

Musicals

Title Role Premiere
    'Brothers Were Brave'
    Joobong
    'Rock of Ages'
    Drew September 15th, 2010
    'Shinheung Military Academy'
    Ji Chungchun
    March 5th, 2010
    'Return: The Promise of the Day'
    Young Seungho
    October 22nd, 2019
    'Midnight Sun'
    Jung Haram
    May 1st, 2021

IV. Awards

Award Event
    Best Leader 2015
    2015 SBS Gayo Daejeon
    Newcomer Scene Stealer Award (Male)
    2016 Scene Stealer Festival

V. Videos

'Blue' MV

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

'Shinheung Military Academy' performance

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

VI. Social media

VII. Trivia

• He can play piano.
    • He has these nicknames; Leader Onew, Dubu, Ontokki, Onewhan, Tofu
    • He makes the most errors in practice.
    • During mid-2015, Onew received surgery to get his vocal polyps removed. He had to do retraining for his vocals because of this.
    • 'Onew condition' is a slang used for when he would do something quirky.

(Credit to kprofiles.com)