BEG4DAWIN Definite Girl Group Tier List (active groups)

• inspired by this post

Due to new developments in the world of Kpop.

My List or Rankings of all (most) active Girl Groups in Kpop. If you do not like it, let me know why.

***************************************************************************************************

Tier S- Global Girl Group, Not just Korea+China or Korea+Japan, but truly Global.

1. BlackPink; Blinks were right, they have no competition, they are the only ones that may deserve this rank right now (Well NewJeans may be their competition).

2. Twice; Sure they may not be charting like a A tier group, but they are still going to sell a lot, they are still a G.G. that can have world tours in large arenas.

******************************************************************************************************

A Tier - Top Girl Groups in at least Korea, they can top the charts (top 10) with their comebacks and have sold over 1 Million Albums in their career.

1. Aespa; They do well enough, they make noise music like BP, so they may make it big in the west with SM resources. AESPA stepping on other GGs, first GG to win a Daesang at The Fact Music Awards.

2. New Jeans; The new big thing in Korea, Best Album debut in kpop history, they are BTS little sisters, Top 11 on global Spotify, they are international now. Breaking all kinds of streaming and PAK records. Second group after BP to score a top selling album in the USA.

3. IVE; They are solidifying themselves as a top GG in Kpop, they are making hit after hit. A real world tour with some nice sized venues.

4. G-idle; Tomboy and now Nxde have topped the charts and raked up PAKs, so they belong here.

5. ILLIT; Doing well on global Spotify and top 3 on Melon.

6. Le Ssarafim; They charted well, and they have now sold over 1 million total albums.

7. SNSD; They may not be the national girl group anymore, but they still showed that they are not forgotten, they charted top 10 for their comeback, they deserve to be here.

8. Red Velvet; They are often forgotten, always in the shadows of bigger SM groups, but they continue to do well with their music.

**************************************************************************************************

B Tier - They do well in Selling Albums or charting well, but lack a little something to make it to A.

1. Stay C; They chart and sell well, making the case that they belong in the top of this tier, looking to jump to A tier.

2. BABYMONSTER; Broke YouTube records and did well on global Spotify, finally charting top 200 in Korea.

3. NMIXX; They sell like a A-tier group, but chart like a C tier, they are JYP, so I am sure they will move up the charts soon.

4. Itzy; They may be ready to swap places with Twice, they chart top 10 and just sold a million Albums (or are about to). they did well in Japan and had a successful World tour (not at Twice/BP level)

5. Oh My Girl; They had some hits a few years back, their last comeback did not do great, they lost their main visual member, who knows what direction they will go.

6. Mamamoo; Not what they used to be, but they still solid with the charts.

7. Apink; First Bias pick :wink: They do not comeback often (more then BP) they do not sell great, but usually chart

8. KARA; They did well enough in the Korean and Japanese charts.

9. Kep1er; They are temporary, they sell well, even if they do not chart well, they are more famous in Japan.

11. QWER; Idol band with a nice debut, sold over 20K albums and charted top 10 on Melon

12. KISS OF LIFE; They had a great debut sold 20K albums, Charted top 20 on Melon

***************************************************************************************************

C Tier- They do something well, C's get degrees as I have been told, so they are solid groups that are in no danger of disbanding unless the members want to move on to something else.

1. VIVIZ; they have some Bops, my favorite 2022 song, but they are not getting the love Gfriend used to get.

2. Celeb 5; I mean other than BlackPink what other group has a Netflix special? Come on tell me.

3. Fromis_9; They are under the Hybe umbrella, their numbers are improving, they could make a move to tier B soon, they did just lose a member, so maybe rebrand to Fromis_8 :-P

4. Dreamcatcher; They are above mid level (bias opinion) they sell well, they do not chart, but they seem to be making good money with tours and such, this may be the highest level they go.

5. WJSN; a lesser Red Velvet, I love their music, but they lived in the shadows of Sistar and not they will be in the Shadows of IVE, but at this point, this tier is probably their limit.

6. EXID; They never sold well, in the 12K-20K range, but they did have multiple songs chart top 10, so I think they deserve to be here, they may have been tier B for a while.

7. Weeekly; They sell well, 50K+ a few times, their issue like many on this tier is their stream numbers. They have fallen below the sell mark in their last comebacks.

8. H1-Key; They charted top 20 with Rose Blossom and now they sold over 70K Albums.

10. Fifty Fifty; They have a hit to put them in S tier, but their company issues could mean they are a one hit wonder, but they are not nugu. Who knows what will happen when they add new members.

****************************************************************************************************

D Tier- Not nugu, sold above 15,000 for an album, or charted at the bottom 100's of charts. (no particular order, just who I remember or alphabetical)

1. Billlie; Sells over 25K per comeback, but does not chart.

2. EverGlow; Sell well, but do not chart.

3. Loossemble; 5 former members of Loona, sold well, did not chart.

4. ODD EYE CIRCLE; 3 former members if Loona, also sold well, did not chart.

5. TripleS; They are not nugu anymore. They are selling well with their units.

7. Pixy; Have sold over 5K albums (Fairyforest : Temptation) so they are at above nugu.

8. Black Swan; They do not chart or sell, but their member changes and international members gets them PR, so they are not really nugu.

9. Cherry Bullet; They barely sell above the nugu line, and they do not chart.

10. Class:y; 2 mini album drops that sold above the nugu line, they charted in Japan for a little.

11. Tri.Be; recently escaped nugudom.

12. Purple Kiss; They also sell well, but do not chart.

13. Rocket Punch; barely above nugu.

14. Secret Number; recently escaped nugudom, but in danger of going back with low sales.

15. BB Girls, a reincarnation of Brave Girls, they have fallen off in terms of sales and streams after their peak, so they dropped to this tier.

16. Weki Meki; they usually sell above the nugu line, but their songs do not chart on the gaon weekly

chart.

17. LightSum; I almost forgot about them, decent debut, but not great 2022, barely selling above nugu line.

18. Woo!ah!; Solid escape from nugudom.

19. LimeLight; Debut Album sold over 35K units, those are almost C Tier numbers, they may move up even more soon.

20. RESCENE; Sold over 30K in their debut

21. UNIS; Sold over 30K in their debut

F Tier - Nugu groups, what can I say, you have never heard of them anyways.

DreamNote

Cignature

ILY:1

Kaachi ATTI

CSR

MimiiRose

Saturday

Ichillin

X:in

Lapillus

****************************************************************************************************

Z Tier - Below nugu, even their agency does not know they exist, they sell less than 1,000 Albums. Or I could not find numbers for their charting or sales. I don't even know most of them.

3YE

ADYA

ARTBEAT

Asome.D

Azer

BABYS

Beauty Box

Blubble

Bunny.T

Busters

Candy Shop

Chic Angel

Chic&Idle

Craxy

Daystar

Diawings

E:LFIN WAZE:Z

eite

Episode

Ferry Blue

Floria

Geenius

Girls world

Hashtag

Hi Cutie

Hi-L

ICU

iii

Irris

January

Kandis

MakaMaka

MayLiz

Minimani

N-DAY

NTORE

Peach A

PrimRose

Pritti-G

Q6IX

QueenzEye

Rocking Doll

Rolling Quartz

Rumble-G

Skyle

SPIA

Tier 4

UiU

VCHA

VVUP

We;Na

YOUNG POSSE

ViV

BEWAVE

UNICODE

NEXTU

B-OURS

I:mond

KATSEYE

Astell

More......

:annoyedk:

• RIP

Groups dropped from ranking because they disbanded or have not had a comeback in over 2 years.

Tier C

Momoland

Brave Girls (re born as BB girls)

Tier D

Laboum

DIA

Loona

Nugu

Angel Rus

BVNDIT

Precious

Fainit

Hint

Blue Fox

BugAboo

LunarSolar

Girls2000

GWSN

Fanatics

Pastel Girls (Now a Jpop group)

Majors

Pink Fantasy (extended hiatus)

Hey Girls

Hana

Hwaiting

Like Me

My Darling

P.O.A

Prisma

PurpleBeck

Q.O.S

Ramisu

Violet

B.L.E

A.IRID

RuViChe

Delight

Bluewish

PCDM (former ICE) They are a duo now.

Lemonade

Favorite

Nature

Alice

See more here

• So what makes some one S-Tier; For me Touring numbers is the most important, and I would say a most if you want to be S (50%). Also top 25 on global charts (25%) and/or Top album selling groups (25%)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Seems pretty legit.

Sad that Pink Fantasy and Craxy are in this tier despite having actual great and well produced music :(

Yeah, even Rocking doll's agency is doing a lot for them, with multiple English language videos and concerts in London and Thailand.

But then you look at their sales numbers and MV views and ;(;(

Quote from bo-thebear

I would put DC and Loona together

A

You think they are more popular than mid tier?

I can see the argument, they are popular internationally and Chu is popular in Korea.

So perhaps they should be in Tier C, maybe the same for Everglow.

• Op has the numbers, unless a group is near 90M views in the first 24h or 10M Spotify streams, debuting on several official charts ww, sure they can join BP.

Youtube argument is still alive?

Anyway, Twice did 2.2 million on Spotify without any playlisting.

• BEG4DAWIN Try not to kiss blinks ass for a second challenge..

Meh, I made lots of jokes against delulu blinks when they were comparing BP to BTS before.

But what can I say, BP put up the numbers this comeback, if BP can break all kinds of records with a mediocre song like Pink Venum, imagine what they could do if YG gives them something good.

But what do I know, seems like re-using old rap lines is what the people want.

• Op has the numbers, unless a group is near 90M views in the first 24h or 10M Spotify streams, debuting on several official charts ww, sure they can join BP.

They would not need all that.

Top 10 on Global spottily would do.

IVE came close (well 23 or something so not that close), Twice actually did not do bad on spotify, that is why despite their Korean numbers charts, Twice can stay in A Tier.

• Honestly, RV should be higher than SNSD for 2022. They do better globally, sold 400k more albums, and charted better. And they are similar to Twice or even higher because the gap in their international numbers is smaller than the gap in domestic right now. Also Loona is higher than all of D minus maybe Billlie.

• Shit, how below nugu does a group have to be to peak at 499 on the Vibe chart.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Buttttt they could sell 10K ;(;(;(

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Buttttt they could sell 10K ;(;(;(

That is a good number, that can boost them from below-nugu to nugu.

• When you do great numbers like BP any argument is alive.

Congrats.

Youtube argument was never ever alive.

The song is mediocre, I agree. However it is exactly the type of a Kpop song that's supposed to do higher numbers on those platforms. Just look at Fantastic Baby, BBB, IGAB, IDC, IATB compared to the rest of 2nd gen.

• That is a good number, that can boost them from below-nugu to nugu.

Actually, twitter stans are already saying that they are on the way to breaking out from the nugudom.

because they got the crowds cheering for them in here

External Content www.youtube.com

also they manage to get 4th position in music bank nomination on their debut week, another 4th in the next week, and 10th in another week.

but yeah, that's twitter stans. I'll just monitor their growth for now.

• Weird seeing SNSD as an active group. Hoping active means they'll throw a concert or release music in less than 5 years

Well they did have a comeback, so I could not leave them out.

More debatable is EXID.

They are not making new music, but they are having 1 last tour.

Maybe they should be on the list.

EXID to reunite after 2 years for 'final' Japan tour, fans say 'K-pop needs them'
    The third-gen girl group's last K-pop comeback was in 2019 and their last Japanese album was released in 2020
    meaww.com

• 4. Dreamcatcher; They are above mid level (bias opinion) they sell well, they do not chart, but they seem to be making good money with tours and such, this may be the highest level they go.

Pain :pepe-puddle:  (they will continue to grow and are extremely solid in the mid tier - here it to another Win!!!)

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• Pain :pepe-puddle:  (they will continue to grow and are extremely solid in the mid tier - here it to another Win!!!)

I hope I am wrong, but there is too much competition.

• Please do a 2nd gen list like this. Kind of like a final ranking of 2nd gen girl groups.

People can't even agree on #2.

Imagine a full list, plus I do not know that many Gen 2 groups, So putting them on tiers would be very difficult.

Well looking at the voting, it seems like most people agree on 2NE1 being #2.

Here is a ranking of 2nd gen GG, just top 25.

The Best 2nd Generation K-pop Girl Groups
    Who are the best 2nd gen girl groups in K-pop? From “Big 3” groups to underrated artists, the most popular 2nd gen girl groups feature some of the most…
    www.ranker.com

• They will ofc have to play it smart and with a little luck.. but I have faith the girls and InSomnia will push for another one

Well no one expected TWO wins for Maison so hopefully we're pleasantly surprised next cb too :excited-bee: Though it would all come down to how hard we work and the groups competing against us. A win against a larger group would be nice though

A win was very nice, but I want them to chart, I do not need a top 20 hit, but I want them to get on top 100 of the charts and stay there for a while.

That is all I want for Christmas!

Edit: Some of their Japanese singles did chart in Japan, so that was nice.

But this list may be sales and not streaming.

DREAMCATCHER縺ョ繧キ繝ウ繧ー繝ォ螢イ荳翫Λ繝ウ繧ュ繝ウ繧ー | ORICON NEWS

• Well no one expected TWO wins for Maison so hopefully we're pleasantly surprised next cb too :excited-bee: Though it would all come down to how hard we work and the groups competing against us. A win against a larger group would be nice though

So I think we will lose support and abit of momentum from not having a win for the longest time, it was a huge factor for the support we got but I don't know, it was a blur... I really don't know how we did it but we did.

Well... (and timing was a factor) we did win over Love Dive (which was a huge reason why I thought we might not win on show champion)

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• they have very good sales but DCC doesn't reprint old albums and i feel that's hiding a lot of their potential. the fact that they're so high despite it amazes me tbh. i think their best charting songs are BOCA and Odd Eye, they reached top 1 on Genie or Bugs, can't remember which but those charts are small compared to flO or MelOn. the highest they got on MelOn was around the 600s ;( but again the potential is there and they're not nugu so all they need is a good marketing strategy, good timing and a little bit of luck

out of service

• I know some people may not like the Korean Sales chart account, but they do have a lot of information regarding sales, it may not be 100% accurate, but is one of the best sources (outside individual fandoms) that we have.

They have many groups but not all groups.

KOREAN SALES
    All about South Korean physical sales.
    koreansalestwt.blogspot.com

• oh God

I know most of those NUGU and below NUGU groups

:cryingr:

The nugus I know, many of the below nugu I do not, I had to look them up on a list of active kpop groups.

Some may not even be active anymore.

If you know any that disbanded, please let me know.

• The ranking seems fine in general.

I would put newjeans lower untill they have their first successfull debute tho.

Furthermore i would change the rankings within some tiers. For example put loona, Kepler and Brave Girls above dreamcatcher. But compairing groups who do better in different parameter will allways be subjective.

I can see the argument for Brave Girls since they had a massive hit and their comeback after that did ok.

The thing is, are they going keep charting or is the public going to forget about them?

For Loona and Kep1er, they sell well for sure, but for them to move up, they have to put out songs that chart well, they do not have to be hits, just songs that stay in the top 100 for more than a day or two.

If you think they have done that, let me know, is hard to keep track of all of them.

• The nugus I know, many of the below nugu I do not, I had to look them up on a list of active kpop groups.

Some may not even be active anymore.

If you know any that disbanded, please let me know.

I think I just looked through the list and saw lots of recognizable names pop out, upon breaking it down I only know of about Half 29/57 the nugu and below nugu tiers

Just some of them are so demoralizing

Favorite had like one of the best songs of 2019 and it didn't even matter

and I honestly thought at the time Purplebeck and Saturday would be really successful, shows what I know

Also wouldn't have picked 3YE apparently falling into oblivion like that, I thought people loved them

Busters ain't remotely the same group and should have changed name imo

But I guess what is more alarming to me

Is Lapillus really in that bad of a spot? not even nugu?? 😥

• 10 Million views is a good number.

But the song did not chart on the weekly circle chart

It did chart on Melon for a little bit

I can't find their sales, but if they sold close to 1K albums, then I can at least move them to nugu.

• This thread contains 69 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!