• I. Introduction

B.I.G or Boys In Groove is a four member boy group under GH Entertainment. They debuted on July 9, 2014 with their single Hello. B.I.G's current lineup consists of J-Hoon, Gunmin, Heedo, and Jinseok. Benji and Minpyo are former members who left the group.

II. Career

B.I.G's founding members (J-Hoon, Gunmin, Heedo, Jinseok, Benji, and Mingpyo) trained for about three years before debut. On July 5, 2014, B.I.G performed for the first time on the streets of Myeongdong before debut. They debuted with their single Hello days later on July 9, and performed on SBS MTV's The Show on the same day.

In 2016, B.I.G started preparations for their Japanese debut with the management from HY Entertainment. They promoted in Japan with a showcase in Tokyo before debuting. They made their official Japanese debut on March 23 with the Japanese version of Taola.

Mingpyo went on hiatus on February 1, 2017 due to health issues. He returned for their promotions for their single album Hello Hello on May 23.

B.I.G had their first Asian tour in September 2017, The B.I.Ginning. They visited Manila and Yokohoma. Then they started their overseas tour B.I.G Special Latin Tour, after that. In this tour, they visited Brazil, Chile, and Mexico.

Gunmin and Heedo debuted as B.I.G's first subunit under Gunmin X Heedo on April 26 with their single Don't Worry.

On November 15, 2018, J-Hoon enlisted for mandatory military service. The next year on January 19, they added the new member Jinseok.

On June 26, B.I.G received an invitation from the Blue House to meet Muhammad bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. They performed with the people attending the meeting as their audience.

They released their single Illusion on November 4. This single had a Korean and Arabic version, which makes B.I.G the first K-Pop song to have an Arabic song.

On September 30, Benji decided not to renew his contract with GH Entertainment, and he left the group. Minpyo's also decided not to renew his contract after it expired in March 31, 2021, so he left the group as well.

On August 10, 2021, the B.I.G members debuted in co-ed project group Triple Seven alongside the members of 3YE.

Gunmin and Heedo were later featured in AbemaTV's survival show G-EGG. They competed for a chance to debut in the Korean-Japanese group NIK. Gunmin was one of the winning contestants, so he joined NIK and debuted with them on September 27.

III. Members

J-Hoon

Birth Name: Im Jung Hoon

Born on July 15, 1990

Position: Leader, Lead Dancer, Lead Vocalist

He is in Triple Seven

Gunmin

Birth Name: Lee Gun Min

Born on October 3, 1994

Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist

He is also part of NIK and Triple Seven

Heedo

Birth Name: Yoo Hee Do

Born on April 22, 1996

Position: Lead Rapper

He is in Triple Seven

Jinseok

Birth Name: Park Jin Seok

Born on February 9, 1998

Position: Lead Vocalist, Maknae

He is in Triple Seven

Former Members

Mingpyo

Birth Name: Gook Min Pryo

Born on November 15, 1994

Position: Main Rapper

Benji

Birth Name: Banjamin Bae

Born on May 3, 1992

Position: Main Vocalist, Visual, Face of the Group

IV. Discography

Hello Single July 9, 2014
    Are You Ready? Single October 21, 2014
    Last Christmas Promotional Single 2014
    Between Night n Music Single March 6, 2015
    Aphrodite EP May 17, 2016
    Hey Girl Moorim School OST April 27, 2016
    Hello Hello Single Album May 23, 2017
    Remember Promotional Single July 7, 2017
    Illusion Single Album November 4, 2019

V. Videography

Music Videos

Hello July 8, 2014
    Are You Ready? October 20, 2014
    Between Night n Music March 5, 2015
    Taola November 16, 2015
    Aphrodite May 16, 2016
    Take You Home 2016
    1 2 3 February 12, 2017
    Hello Hello May 23, 2017
    Illusion November 4, 2019

Shows

B.I.G Project February 27, 2017 - March 20, 2017 MBC Music

VI. Videos

Hello MV

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1.2.3 MV

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ILLUSION MV

ILLUSION (Arabic ver.) MV

Hello Hello Show Champion performance

VII. Awards

New Artist Award Korean Culture & Entertainment Awards 2014

VIII. Trivia

• B.I.G were ambassadors of the 2014 Love Life while Walking Overnight campaign and the 2014 Lifeline campaign
    • They became ambassadors for the National Unification Advisory Council on March 15, 2016
    • They became ambassadors for the Korea Youth Association, the Seoul VA Regional Office and the Hope Apple Tree Youth Project in 2017
    • J-Hoon's nickname is duck
    • Both J-Hoon and Heedo have acted in web drama Idol Protect the World
    • Gunmin participated in The Unit. He ranked at #33
    • Heedo also participated in The Unit at rank #28
    • Minpyo and Gunmin are childhood friends
    • Benji has a U.S driver license

(Credit to kprofiles.com)