Nmixx doesn't give me the impression that they are from the big 4 group

• From their whole image to styling to mv, they give me a vibe that they come from a medium company at least not from one of the big 3. Itzy always give me that expensive girls vibe and Twice while having the girls next door vibe, their whole visual really showing that they're a big 3 group. It's weird how Jyp unable to create that 'popular' image on them.

And if I compare them to other 4th gen groups from the big 4, they're really far behind all of them in term of styling and image. Itzy, Aespa, Le Sserafim and Newjeans giving really strong impression that they're from a big company.

• I might get criticized for this but Nmixx's visuals are very non-cohesive and no one stands out except for Sullyoon which unfortunately even her star power is not too strong compared to the visuals of other popular groups. Haewon is actually more prominent and has more appeal than Sullyoon but again unfortunately in the middle of visuals with strong charisma like Karina, Wonyoung and Kazuha she couldn't stand out.

Overall, the girls are pretty but try to put them next to Aespa, Itzy, Ive, Le Sserafim and Newjeans the difference is too huge. Not only about their visual but also their captivatingness. They are in position where it is quite difficult for them to stand out.

• Fans love to blame the company for any problems their groups have, but I feel like this a case where it's genuinely true.

They tried to jump on heavy into the Aepsa switch-up trend when it was pretty much over, made their debut into a meme by making it into a weird Coke Zero ad, continued to double-down on Mixx-pop, the Jinni thing -- it's just been not great from JYP.

• I might get criticized for this but Nmixx's visuals are very non-cohesive and no one stands out except for Sullyoon which unfortunately even her star power is not too strong compared to the visuals of other popular groups. Haewon is actually more prominent and has more appeal than Sullyoon but again unfortunately in the middle of visuals with strong charisma like Karina, Wonyoung and Kazuha she couldn't stand out.

Overall, the girls are pretty but try to put them next to Aespa, Itzy, Ive, Le Sserafim and Newjeans the difference is too huge. Not only about their visual but also their captivatingness. They are in position where it is quite difficult for them to stand out.

I don't think visuals matter as much as people think but Jinni leaving is a big loss she definitely has that star quality

• People always with the bullshit.

NMIXX charting better than Twice and ITZY's last comeback, and people still speaking nonsense.

I will say that the LMLT video did look cheap as hell, but people said it was because they had to refilm because of the removal of Jinni.

I definitely think JYPE made some missteps with NMIXX's roll out, which did cost them some levels of recognition, but they are literally on track to become a million seller. You can blame JYPE or whatever, I totally agree, but people trying to make this narrative that it's because they aren't pretty enough, it's because they aren't good performers, or because they lack chemistry as a group come across as opportunists.

I'm literally like the only NMIXX fan on here, lol. So somebody has to defend them since ever since LMLT did somewhat decently, everyone is coming with a think piece.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Sorry but I agree. Same with kep1er (their situation is even worse). They should at least make their styling better and more cohesive

I’m just waiting for haewon and lily subunit/solo. They have the most charisma imo. And jyp is in general cheap.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• How about we compare 1 year old Nmixx's charts and achievements with 1 year old Twice and Itzy 🙂. Twice is already in their 8th year and Itzy in their 4th year, they're not the hot stuff anymore which is reasonable why they're unable to stay on the top all the time.

• How about we compare 1 year old Nmixx's charts and achievements with 1 year old Twice and Itzy 🙂. Twice is already in their 8th year and Itzy in their 4th year, they're not the hot stuff anymore which is reasonable why they're unable to stay on the top all the time.

And?

ITZY had a semi-hit with Sneakers just to flop with Cheshire right after? I don't think that has anything to do with ITZY as a group. Just like Twice did decently with TTT before flopping with Set Me Free. I have already said that JYPE made some missteps, but people trying to blame NMIXX as group rather than JYPE are wrong.

If NMIXX can sell 920k albums after only 1 year as a group (even though fans obviously are bulk buying) then I doubt they as a group are lacking something.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• And?

ITZY had a semi-hit with Sneakers just to flop with Cheshire right after? I don't think that has anything to do with ITZY as a group. Just like Twice did decently with TTT before flopping with Set Me Free. I have already said that JYPE made some missteps, but people trying to blame NMIXX as group rather than JYPE are wrong.

If NMIXX can sell 920k albums after only 1 year as a group (even though fans obviously are bulk buying) then I doubt they as a group are lacking something.

Exactly and...

I'm trying to understand your comparison here.

As I said, compare Nmixx 1 year achievements with Twice and Itzy 1 year achievements, not after they're few years old.

And a group from a big company having a huge sales, what's new right? Especially now where a lot of nugu groups can also sold more than 50k albums.

But, yeah you can have your opinions tho. And I can have my opinions...

• My point is that JYPE messed up NMIXX's roll-out, which is why they lagged behind other JYPE GGs.

The issue is JYPE's marketing and A&R, which is exhibited by the fact that ITZY and Twice CAN do well when they have the right song and marketing, and they do poorly when they don't.

And if NMIXX has big sales, that means they have fans buying their albums, and if they have enough fans or enough loyal fans at least to reach 920k, then it has nothing to do with them as a group. They are clearly marketable if they are seeing growth rather than a decline and if they are seeing such a large growth.

But, I didn't write this thinking I was going to change anyone's opinion anyway. Let alone yours. If you felt enough to make a thread about it, I was not expecting my words to somehow make you have a revelation.

But, I think NMIXX as a group deserves more than having constant threads of a circle jerk of people who don't like them and never will consistently dunking on their chemistry, their looks, and their performance. I want there to be at least one person willing to defend them, and since I'm 1 of like 2 or 3 NMIXX fans on here, might as well be me.

• :pepewhat:

Good for you to defend them but I need to know this critism is not towards the girls but Jyp and also good for you to aware that a lot of people also sharing the same view with me. But you can't call us a circle jerk for criticize them. If the group constantly getting the same threads like this, it's a self explanatory lol.

And as I said, coming from the big company in this era obviously will give them a huge selling power. They're marketable bc they're from Jyp. Their blind package edition itself have more than 60k sales when the members not even revealed.

That's why people said that Big 4 can released shit and people still eat it. They have a cult that will keep supporting them in everything they do. Yet, it's not wrong for any of us to critize them. Jyp definitely didn't give their best efforts when creating Nmixx's image and a lot of people seems to agree with this.

Agree in general. NMIXX are born dancers and singers, not necessarily stars. Without Jinnie, they dont have a true visual and in this hypercompetitive Kpop world, visuals are pretty much a must, they look like athletes who can sing, not luxurious-looking brand models or celebrities who can move or carry a tune.

I still dont understand why JYP debuted them, they don't add anything different than what Itzy (girl crush dance centric) and Twice (cutesy maturing to sexy) already gave them. I feel like JYP diluted the company brand, they barely devoted 3 years for Itzy before introducing yet another JYP GG to the market, JYP is obviously known for their GGs but trying to have three groups promoting together churning out regular comebacks...that's a LOT to ask. JYP stans are stretched thin.

• people trying to make this narrative that it's because they aren't pretty enough, it's because they aren't good performers, or because they lack chemistry as a group come across as opportunists.

Yea I don't get that criticism that many are putting out.

They're pretty. They're really talented. And seem fun as a group.

In my opinion it's an issue of identity.

I think they can't find a good "feel" for them in terms of ethos that sticks.

Are they the vocal focused pop phenoms of their Pre-Debut? Are they the crazy mix pop swag kind of group like their debut? A softer more old school cutish girl group as seen on their RAINBOW cover? Or an energetic quirky group like Love Me Like this?

I think they haven't really been able to settle on a feeling that works and resonates. And gives people an overall identify to latch on to.

In my opinion that's what I see as holding them back from the stratosphere.

And that has to do with their management and company direction through their creative team. They haven't settled on an identity in my eyes.

• :pepewhat:

Good for you to defend them but I need to know this critism is not towards the girls but Jyp and also good for you to aware that a lot of people also sharing the same view with me. But you can't call us a circle jerk for criticize them. If the group constantly getting the same threads like this, it's a self explanatory lol.

And as I said, coming from the big company in this era obviously will give them a huge selling power. They're marketable bc they're from Jyp. Their blind package edition itself have more than 60k sales when the members not even revealed.

That's why people said that Big 4 can released shit and people still eat it. They have a cult that will keep supporting them in everything they do. Yet, it's not wrong for any of us to critize them. Jyp definitely didn't give their best efforts when creating Nmixx's image and a lot of people seems to agree with this.

It is a circle jerk when they hardly have any fans on here.

Just because people agree with you does not mean your opinion is correct.

There are people out there who probably agree with me too, but they doesn't mean that I'm correct. An opinion is an opinion. Not fact.

Not every big 4 group will necessarily sale well. Just like not all of them will chart well.

• I can definitely see that. Especially after they lost Jini and completely switched up their approach.

• it's just because of songs

it is what it is Knetz didn't like previous songs which made label re-think the whole mixx pop idea, and Jinni also left out of nowhere like here she was in MAMA and then soon she was gone

there was even a thread in kforums which was posted here by keyboardwarrior7

right in the moment when they've had member going viral for visuals they've lost that one member

now girl has 1.5M followers on instagram even being non-active in entertainment, just posting simple photo from time to time

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Still waiting for her to have her official solo debut!

• It's the lack of identity for me.

They went from a song that combines girl crush and teen pop,to a song that combines retro and hip hop ,to a song that's a literal nursery rhyme sample,to a watered down itzy rip-off song.Doesn't help that none of them were particularly good.

The music direction simply ain't it.Idk wth is giving the green light to these songs but they gots to go.

• So the standard is to do better than twice & Itzy floppiest singles. Lol

Their single is almost out of melon and nothing is impressive about their sales when they’re from the big4 heck even RV is a million seller group.

Add the fact They’re struggling to sell out tiny theaters

So I don’t think you should come for Itzy and Twice

• So the standard is to do better than twice & Itzy floppiest singles. Lol

Their single is almost out of melon and nothing is impressive about their sales when they’re from the big4 heck even RV is a million seller group.

Add the fact They’re struggling to sell out tiny theaters

So I don’t think you should come for Itzy and Twice

I'm not even coming for Twice or ITZY.

My whole point is JYPE has not even been at the top of their game for years. Exhibited by Twice and ITZY's unstable charting.

NMIXX have literally just debuted, so them not being able to sell out theaters is not something to be ashamed of. KPOP stans have inflated ideas of what success should look like, but NMIXX is doing damn good for a group that's only been active a year.

And you talking about Red Velvet as if it's not impressive for them to be million sellers lmfao. I know you have some kind of vendetta against NMIXX, but they are still selling great, they charted decently and touring decently for a group who just debuted and does not have a huge US fanbase in the 1st place.

They are only going to do better. Even despite JYPE's lackluster marketing and A&R.

• I've been into Nmixx since O.O, i liked their debut song but i start to follow them after dice

and personally to me i would say there's a lot of things that i can pinpoint that for me retain them from reaching their breakkout moment (it's my personal opinion no need to quote me to tell me that you don't share the same opinion)

1. JYP groups have always got tons of hype and attention thanks to their energetic and charismatic performance

NMIXX choreo use a lot of " wow factor" who makes you think that their dance are hard but actually most of the move they use in their choreo are pretty easy

You can just compare any of their choreo to other twice choreo like I can't stop me or any choreo of Itzy

especially the chorus part, NMIXX usually stick to the same spot with not very fast pace move in their choreo and use a lot their hands

if you compare to I can't stop me, Twice also have a lot of choregraphy where theey use a lot their hand but at a much faster pace than NMIXX so it make their choreo looks very energetic and exhausting

and then you have Itzy, they use a lot their entire body, their dance are very energetic and they have a lot of changement of position just in the chorus choreo judging with Wannabe choreo

Energetic hard hitting choreo kinda became the brand of JYP GG in the recent years, and it's something that is not really present with NMIXX

2. Stage presence

Strong stage presence kinda also become a brand for JYP GG and NMIXX is lacking with this in comparison of other JYP GG

O.O and Dice had more wow factor in the choregraphy than Love me like this so it kinda hide this behind big move etc...

Love me like this have a more minimal energy so it just stand out even more when some of them are lacking in stage presenc, Bae and sullyoon are doing not effort in this area and considering that now they are just 6 it's even more obvious

their performance are carry by Kyujin, haaewon and jiwoo and lily have her days

But considering that they are just 6 now and they lost Jinni who was a strong performer it kinda feel uneven in their performance

and i'm not saying that Twice for example doesn't have some weak performer like chaeyoung or tzuyu or jeongyeon but the thing is that they are 9 so it looks like obvious especially because they are member who are often behind

and the front performer of Twice, like Nayeon, Jihyo, Momo, etc.. are so strong that they can hide the weakness of the other members

and Itzy all have great performer

also Kyujin need to manage better her facial expression sometimes, she often try to do this strong facial expression to look more charismatic on stage when it's not always necessary

3. Who's NMIXX

NMIXX as a group have no identity

they were building their identity around the Mixx Pop concept

but because it's not working JYP is just trying different stuff to try to find what will appeal to the public the most

but the thing is that nobody wants to get into a group that you might like for one song and then dislike for their next comeback just because they completely switch their concept and sound between the 2 comeback

and it's a big problem because JYP GG have always debuted with specific concept and then just continue to ride this wave, Twice with cute and ITZY with teen crush

but it's not the case of NMIXX they are still themselves

also both twice and itzy debuted around a time to target a special niche

Cute concept was dying , Twice brought a fresh air with Cheer up at the time

Teen crush was made by some group like Weki meki but it wasn't know by the GP, so Itzy introduce this concept to the public

but What public NMIXX is targetting that a current 4th gen GG isn't targetting already ?

Mix of genre ? the public had a taste of it thanks to Next level who was a massive success doing this after this big song just look like a bad copy

Hip hop ? Lesserafim is already targetting this public

2000's ? It's already made by Newjeans

they need to find a niche and bring something good to add a new flavor to it to stand out because it's not the case yet

the first point can be explain because they are a GG focusing more on vocals and less on performance in comparison of JYP previous GG

the second point might improve with more stage experience

But i don't see how JYP can do to fix the 3rd point

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• From their whole image to styling to mv, they give me a vibe that they come from a medium company at least not from one of the big 3. Itzy always give me that expensive girls vibe and Twice while having the girls next door vibe, their whole visual really showing that they're a big 3 group. It's weird how Jyp unable to create that 'popular' image on them.

And if I compare them to other 4th gen groups from the big 4, they're really far behind all of them in term of styling and image. Itzy, Aespa, Le Sserafim and Newjeans giving really strong impression that they're from a big company.

NMIXX is not from JYPE. NMIXX was created by SQUAD which is an independent company that get's some or most of their funding from JYPE.

I feel like they are still young and need time to get individually recognized. NMIXX is doing very well being from a small company like Source Music but without big funding from Hybe.

NMIXX are slowly rising in popularity in South Korea and did well with Love me like this comeback. They are also growing internationally and just came back from U.S. showcase tour.

I think Squad is still figuring it out what NMIXX concept is. They dropped the Mixxpop and now slowly developing into a new concept which we haven't seen before.

I am sure they will rise more and more to the top. Their success growth reminds me a lot of SKZ.

• The problem is their identity, people were so hyped seeing at the pre-debut views but once they resorted to aespa from shein....then after one comeback they went to LMTS which could be done by literally any group. They're not offering anything no other 4th gen GG is offering....sullyoon is a great visual but you have karina, kazuha, etc offering in that department...lily has the personality to appeal to western fans but that isn't really enough & once again you kinda have that covered by the likes of yunjin....they're just nothing special or interesting about them when 90% of their identity is unoriginal.

You can tell it's not just a problem with them but TWICE & ITZY too as of late, but it's not as big as a problem imo because by their latest comebacks they've already used out what they're mostly known for and developed a decent fanbase.

• They cannot lead as a visual or performance focused group, but they can still rebrand as vocal focused group, like Mamamoo, and be very successful, but they need a decent song that is public friendly and can showcase their vocals.

Even then imo across their lineup their vocals are not as good as they are hyped up to be. Better than the average girl group, but not Wow compared to the average girl group.

• External Content twitter.com

yall act like they selling 200k

• I don't really think they have a weaker brand than any other groups. Everyone knows Nmixx for their switch ups in the music ("mixxpop"). I think it is just subjective if someone likes or doesn't like the music, but I don't think they look or sound less polished than the other big 4 groups.

In my opinion the main interesting thing about Nmixx was their spectacular visual aspects, and I dislike that they have reduced this in their latest comeback, and also changed their title's music style to practically the opposite of what it was before. Right now I guess I agree with you that they don't seem as cool as they should be, but I wouldn't have said that before the LMLT comeback. Their comeback teasers were awesome, until the day the song dropped :P

• The members are talented, I was very hyped by their pre debut videos on youtube. But their styling, concept, image aren't well executed, to put it nicely. Their music doesn't help either.

When you see Lesserafim, NewJeans, Ive, Itzy, you get an expensive/exclusive vibe from them. I can't say the same about Nmixx.

They have potential tho

• I don't really think they have a weaker brand than any other groups. Everyone knows Nmixx for their switch ups in the music ("mixxpop"). I think it is just subjective if someone likes or doesn't like the music, but I don't think they look or sound less polished than the other big 4 groups.

That’s not a concept, if anything it’s a sound. I can’t even call it that

• I think it's because NMIXX moves a lot like a boy group [from a company that has always had a very public friendly gg image]. Their fandom has their own inside jokes (especially with Haewon being a comedian) however they don't reach the mainstream in a way that the other kpop big ggs do. Obviously their sales come from their own fanbase, and less from casual buyers, however that puts a lot of pressure on the girls - especially Sullyoon - to retain that fanbase. In no way they are flops.

Even though LMLT did decently, other ggs shatter bigger records, so NMIXX really relies on their talents and inside fanbase for attention. That's not a bad thing but people don't expect it of JYP.

• They cannot lead as a visual or performance focused group, but they can still rebrand as vocal focused group, like Mamamoo, and be very successful, but they need a decent song that is public friendly and can showcase their vocals.

Even then imo across their lineup their vocals are not as good as they are hyped up to be. Better than the average girl group, but not Wow compared to the average girl group.

I think they are already very similar to MAMAMOO in terms of comedy/group dynamics. Very talent/fanbase focused, and they appeal to girls mostly (except for Sullyoon who has a lot of guy fans). They need to capitalize on that - the problem is that NMIXX's age does hold them back where MAMAMOO were all adults. Nevertheless I can see them rising a lot later on like MAMAMOO with Hip.

• you only think this because the marketing behind the group is trash. just another case of JYP completely flopping when it comes to concepts and music choice.

whoever at JYP came up with "MIXXPOP" must have really sat there and thought they did something.. :pepe-clown-gear: you know you fucked up when you have Big 4 privilege , more specifically are from JYP and a girl group but still have your debut song absolutely flop and clowned on... :pepe-life-support:

..this is why you dont try and jump on a trend that only SM can pull off and has never had good results from other companies... :pepe-tea:

Twice has really just been single handedly saving that company since debut.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Fans love to blame the company for any problems their groups have, but I feel like this a case where it's genuinely true.

They tried to jump on heavy into the Aepsa switch-up trend when it was pretty much over, made their debut into a meme by making it into a weird Coke Zero ad, continued to double-down on Mixx-pop, the Jinni thing -- it's just been not great from JYP.

Yes... Personally, I really enjoyed O.O, but NMIXX really should not have released their coke advertisement song as their debut song. Imagine if Zero was NewJean's debut song.....

• Stray Kids is helping out a lot as well.

• External Content twitter.com

yall act like they selling 200k

Another user pointed out this new album was on average cheaper them the other 4th groups.

On top of that, they had a lot of fan events to boost sales.

I don't think it is really that difficult to see that the whole messy debut and the follow-up comeback did a lot of damage to their growth.

Good for them to be from a Big 4 company, too bad was in JYPE.

The worst part is that their division still has no clue what to do with them. If only JYPE wasn't so cheap, maybe they could hire someone experienced people to take care of them, a team with a vision.

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!