Posts by bobsyouruncle

The 0.227 number is still being so ubiquitously reported that I feel like it would be way too ridiculous if it ends up false, because it would mean the police also allowed a false report attributed to them to continue circulating. IDK why the police also won't confirm it though. It's weird to have no comment on a statement that supposedly comes from them.

If it is legit then them confirming it's real without them ever having a statement out for it would basically confirm that they have insiders leaking information to the press, so maybe that's something they don't want to admit? It is strange for them to not outright deny it if it's a false report but I have no idea if this is standard procedure for them if there's an ongoing police investigation.

The 0.2 number is still being referenced in media outlets and from the same news outlet that released the confirmed CCTV, is this number legit? If multiple news outlets also lied and are still lying about this number then that's next level :pepe-tinfoil-hat: the initial reports say the information is from the police but i've read that the police are also not confirming the number?

According to the police on the 9th, when Suga was booked by the police on the 6th on charges of violating the Road Traffic Act (drunk driving), the breathalyzer test results showed a blood alcohol level of 0.227%.

BTS

Police said Friday that a breathalyzer test conducted on the day of the accident showed Suga's blood alcohol concentration was 0.227 percent at the time.

BTS' Suga's blood alcohol concentration over 0.2 pct in drunk driving incident: police
    Suga of K-pop superband BTS was fully drunk with a blood alcohol level of over 0.2 percent when he fell to the ground in Seoul earlier this week while driving…
    m.koreaherald.com

JTBC reporting on false CCTV footage and then keeping that up for almost a week does put a lot of doubt in other news reports, i'm surprised HYBE didn't immediately deny the CCTV though unless they also weren't too sure about it being real or not.

However, the man in the video was not Suga. The man in the video was running toward Namsan across from Nine One Hannam, but Suga was driving slowly along the wall of Nine One Hannam. The scooter models were also different, and the later report that Suga crashed into a curb and fell over was also found to be untrue.

Accordingly, JTBC deleted or made private all the news videos that were uploaded to their official channels, including YouTube. The problematic CCTV footage was also replaced with other footage in the replay video on the 'Newsroom' homepage. 'Newsroom' stated that they are currently confirming their position on the controversy over BTS Suga's CCTV false report.

This was never a rule when it came about others idols scandals tbh and I also don't think it's necessary to make a lot of threads about one topic, but the first thread merged here didn't even make sense to be here, it was a personal opinion from seulgiabs and may I say even though a troll, it was still an interesting thread pointing out something they felt and suddenly after 2 pages it was merged here when it was somehow different from this thread.

So I don't think others threads will be made, but it was funny seeing how suddenly this scandal was treated different regardless of how fast a "mega thread" was done.

Anyways :exit-pepe:

i agree, and maybe it's because the response has been contained to this thread so far like you said or the forum isn't as active as it used to be but the actual forums response to this situation has been extremely tame for what you would expect for a crime from a BTS member imo especially if you compare it to previous "scandals" from other groups or even the MHJ vs HYBE audit recently which launched multiple threads about the NJ girls ;judgingpepe:

i'm not saying that people should be making 34324234 threads about it but i just don't understand the complaints army users have when the actual response is pretty tame, even the clowning of a particular subset of your fandom who are making an international disgrace of themselves right now is limited which is more then i expected from the akp trolls :pepe-onions: maybe we should make this an official rule for every idol scandal :pepe-magnify:

did this get merged ?

wasn't suga's vehicle not an ek but a scooter? one that went over 25km/h? or was this debunked? haven't really been following this

yeah the police already debunked this lie, how stans haven't learnt to stop trying to downplay it or find excuses is just sad at this point but the amount of misinformation on those twitter replies is actually worrying.

BSH is alder and married. He has a wife and kids. There's a huge age gap between him and the women he was spotted with. He's high-ranking executive looking over a lot of young idols and trainees, many even younger than the women he was with.

Where are you getting the information about his marital status from? I can't find any legit sources for it and the Wikipedia page has his mother incorrectly labelled as his wife :pepe-magnify:

Armys still trying to cover up the fact that hybe and their oppa lied

I don't entirely blame them for their initial reaction since the news they got from both the idol and the company downplayed the situation and left out important details so they were working with false info but the stans still making jokes or downplaying it, even with police statements and CCTV footage showing how serious it was and just how lucky he was, are insane and just making the situation even worse for him :pepe-shame:

June 2023 is such a harsh cut off point, since Get Up dropped the next month and NewJeans obliterated every statistic imaginable with that album and made Hall of Fame worthy achievements by the end of the year

i actually asked if they could update their answer based on up to date information but they proceeded to do a google search and use girlgroupstan21's akp threads as a source .. :pepe-joy:

chatgpts conclusion from information they have up to june 2023:

As of now, TWICE is the bigger act internationally due to their established career, extensive achievements, and significant global influence. They have a proven track record of success across various metrics, including chart performance, awards, media presence, and endorsements. NewJeans shows great potential and has achieved impressive success in a short period, indicating that they could become equally influential in the future if their current trajectory continues.