Posts by Person01

Of course, BTS is somewhere, somehow.

The companies should put some effort too with the stage.

They should really take note of blackpink stage a presentation from 2023, it was really well put together.

Which something I though Hybe didn't put much effort with both LS and NJ.

Fan meeting probably represent Newjeans fanbase in Korea, but in the world gender ratio is a lot women oriented than men. People can buy albums all around the world, but only people in Korea can go to fan meets.

A829rLF.jpeg

Theoretically 12 - 43% of female fanbase could buy more albums than 100% of male fanbase if every people would buy one album. That's why female fanbase is more important than male fanbase.

Could be too tha the uncle fans have more disposable income than the young female fans.

Even all the with the support that both BP and NJ get from female fans, they still couldn't compete with the support that BTS or boy groups in general get them from them.

Women will prefer to support boy groups over girl groups, with a few exceptions here and there.

but they dont need uncle fans if u can attract female fans that like bgs .there is a reason bg can be profitable for longer yrs than gg. thats why labels want the label stans to like their other grps too cuz the most loyal fans are female.

for example, new jeans have more male fans but more female fans are buying their albums. as mentioned, its bec hybe stans buy their albums too which are mostly female so again thanks to hybe😂 they became million seller early. but i think this stats will change and will lean towards female once they become more likeable to female demography -- be more chill, independent , and leaning towards fashion like bp. isnt it what mhj doing right now? u need female fans for concerts.IMG_4935.jpeg

IMG_4937.jpeg

Could be too that the uncle fans have more disposable income than the young female fans.

new jeans have more casual female stans ( mostly hybe stans ) that buy their albums or little girls so perhaps parents buy the albums oversees . but fans in sk are probably male. as they grow older and get more luxury brand endorsements ( like bp) they will attract more female loyal fans.

Uncle fans buy albums so they can go to fan events and concert tickets, but they don't listen to their music on melon, that's for sure.

But didn't newjeans had a lot of male fans for their fan meeting that one time, and then a lot of female buyers for the album sales.

I feel like the demographic will change depending on what metric you look at it.

Because old men are too busy obsessed with Twice and New Jeans to care about Ill-it, they're stuck in 3rd gen and 4th gen. Which is fine I guess, we all don't need to keep up with new groups.

Plus, Ill-it doesn't need uncle fans, especially not old men coming to their fan signs like with new jeans with most members being minors. it is okay to go to a fan sign as an older male but just don't be a creep.

We need more aunt fans for girl groups.

I think twice is too old for uncle fans at this point.

Hopefully one day Spotify can disclose how many click stream plus artists streams vs other playlist and automatic stream.

It's basically harder to get youtube views than Spotify streams. At least for youtube you can't just put it on the bg and people who do ads got caught. Other company should play the game too, oh kpop.

Streaming farms are very real in Spotify and Apple Music, and some western labels were caught using them.

You don't even need to be part of a big label to buy plays.

What are the odds that Hybe eventually buys JYP? I don't want them to buy out JYP, but just curious if other folks think it's a possibility.

JYP is the weaker of the big 3, right now they mostly depend on Twice and SK. It is kind of over for them as soon as either of them leaves.

The other groups can't compensate for the money the main acts bring.

I imagine hybe would have bought them, but since JYPE still is so over-evaluated, there is no way it would be worth it for them, even if they have the money.

Part of the NJ concept is that they are 5 girls next door. MJH could have spent 1/2 a day in any Korean shopping mall and picked 5 random pretty kids, trained them for 8 months to follow a chorography exactly, and the results would have been the same. To not acknowledge this is insulting MJH and her vision.

Illit are just marketed to target the next batch of 9-12 year olds.

You can say that about most kpop groups, but to the fans they are the most special, unique, and truly a gift from the gods until the next superstar group comes along.

It's almost like these companies have kpop fans completely devoted and ready to worship whatever group they debut next, without hesitation.

They are just as good as the company they debuted in.