I'm afraid that performance clips might leave an impression that 7 member group is too big for YG after all

• We've seen Knetz reactions ain't too good, and I'm not talking about nationalities but about what they think about dance performance.

So we might soon be in that thin line that we will have side which will start complaining that YG should stick to girl groups with 4 members because 7 are too much.

You know me I'm always on the side of bigger groups, especially these days when kids got anxiety, injuries, covid, or some middle school "you spilled my favorite strawberry milk" scandals (not mix those with "she is Idol but she hit me with a chair scandals") which overall end as group either temporary or for the rest of time promote with smaller number of members.

We kind of have that direct comparison of NMIXX qualification videos and now this BABYMONSTER clips, and Knetz were going crazy about JYP new girl group, but now they are barely praising Baemon.

I get it overall that it's too early to say anything, and good song will kill all hate, but in same time that "4" vs. "7" thing might be mentioned

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think if the song is good, K-netz will forget they even said anything about this lol.

As talented as NMIXX are, and as well as they showcased that with their predebut videos, didn't get them anywhere when their music didn't connect.

I think the issue is that whoever choregraphed that video was out of touch with today's trends and standards.

It honestly would have been smarter to reshoot a new one if the performance video is as old as K-netz claim. Especially after seeing what other companies have been producing and what videos have been getting organic views.

I think it will be interesting to see a YG style GG with more than 4 members, but I think it can work if they do a better job of showcasing their girls individual performance styles, which I think was the strength of BP and 2NE1.

Edit: Another thing, I think the point of that video was to show that they can dance just as well as the boys. But GGs choreography has evolved to the point you don't have to dance like a BG in order to show you have talent as a performer.

BG choreo has also evolved since this was filmed, which is probably what also makes it seem out of place.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• ??? It's too early to say and I'm sure YGE thought (i hope they did) about all the reactions so nothing to worry. If they'll succeed or not numbers of members won't be a problem imo.

I mean the YG himself said in that first video that he wants people to judge girls skills fair and square

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• btw this was an old monthly evaluation lok before canny joined YG ( I think ) from what I heard but it's obvious this an old monthly evaluation video if anything this shows they are decent performers I wonder how much they have improved already

also they have been getting good feedback for their skills I think only today they got mixed responses

• He said it as a "I know the group is great and you all will see it too." Prideful YG as always.

yg1.jpg

yg2.jpg

• lol. Another ifan falling for a "Knetz think..." on a comment section that has 12 upvotes.

Stop thinking these stupid little fangirl messageboards represent "what Knetz think."

Because no...it doesn't.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• What? BP's "Bitch Better Have My Money" video was from a dance evaluation!? :wow:

Yes. You can see iKON member June in the reflection sitting next to Yang Hynsuk. It was from a monthly evaluation. Lots of YG staff including other artists attend these and give their feedback.

The BabyMonsters video was probably from a while back. There's only 5 of them, so all 7 had not been together yet by the time this was filmed.

Blackpink worked in various combinations each month until they found the right combination.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!