Posts by Blue2012

Oh wow, I missed this. Looks like they are working on a complete separation, which wouldn't have worked as neighbours.

In the past I predicted that this would be the beginning of the end for YGE. We might start seeing more YGE employees jumping ship to TBL once TBLGG comes out.

TBLGG's leaked lineup suggests that TBL has already been attracting better talent than YGE.

YG owns 26% of THEBLACKLABEL. YGPlus is THEBLACKLABEL's distributor.

Who do you think is gonna get preferred stock options when they go public?

Teddy, Yang Hyunsuk, Yang Minsuk and YG Entertainment.

More like 250K because right now KIOF has 163,400 UL, and BM has 139,100 UL.

For comparison, QWER is #13 with 251,600 UL, and ILLIT is #1 with 1,1M.

^^ Goes to show how hard Melon has fallen the last 5 years. It only takes 250k these days?! My God that would get you nowhere in 2018.

The fact that Melon has become the MySpace of Korea is so sad. It used to be the gold standard when BIGBANG and IU were dominating and getting roof hits with over 1 million ULs.

I know Melon has hemmoraged over 50% of its users and now fandoms have taken control of it because it's so easy now, like what happened to Bugs. But it used to reflect the general public's taste.

But I understand it's largely because the Korean public has moved to other platforms like YouTube Music and big labels no longer care about charting in Korea.

It's mostly about money these days and Korea has the population that's only roughly higher than the state of California. There's a market that's 4x its size and 10x its buying power next door in Japan.

So while i understand why labels dont care about the Korean public's taste anymore it's just sad that Melon is basically a bargain bin streaming service now.

Came back laugh at every dumbass in this thread. ^^

This is why Kpop stans' opinions. Particularly Twitter Kpop stans and ESPECIALLY AKP stans DON'T MATTER.

You people are such a tiny portion of an already niche group. You don't matter and your opinions keep getting proven wrong.

TREASURE and their fans just made you look dumb

People don't know what the f*ck they're talking about as usual.

OSEN

TREASURE's 'Shining SOLO' confirmed to be added to 8 platforms due to popularity in Japan

0005051607_001_20240405101703796.jpeg?type=w430View original

[OSEN=Reporter Ji Min-kyung] Treasure's new project 'Shining SOLO' is significantly expanding its service area thanks to the explosive support of Japanese viewers.

According to YG Entertainment on the 5th, Treasure's entertainment program 'Shining SOLO' confirmed the addition of eight local OTT platforms, including Amazon Prime Video, which boasts the highest usage rate in Japan, as well as Ganteredoga, Video Market, and Crankin! Video.

Previously, this program achieved the highest ever K-pop variety daily viewership on Lemino, one of Japan's major platforms, and ranked first in the overall popularity rankings for all four episodes. Remino explains that even though the program consists of multiple episodes, it maintains an unusually high number of views.

In addition, Treasure's enormous global popularity was proven by taking first place in Thailand's oneD entertainment category for four consecutive weeks and taking the top spot in Taiwan's friDay Video entertainment category. As more platforms are secured, the upward trend is expected to gain further momentum.

‘Shining SOLO’ is a romantic survival show that will determine Treasure’s best ‘jewel man’. It contains the process of the members spending four days at Treasure Castle, appealing to their individual charms, and being selected as female cast members. Part 2, featuring Choi Hyun-seok, Yoshi, Doyoung, Park Jeong-woo, and So Jeong-hwan, will be available on SBS at 12:30 a.m. on the 7th.

Meanwhile, YG Entertainment posted Choi Hyun-seok's personal poster, who will be active in 'Shining SOLO' Part 2, on its official blog on the afternoon of the 4th. Choi Hyun-seok matched a monotone suit with bold accessories and a beanie, raising curiosity about the new charm he would show through the entertainment universe with his unique hip aura. /mk3244@osen.co.kr

OSEN

TREASURE's 'Shining SOLO', No. 1 in Japanese Remino's popularity rankings for 3 consecutive weeks...Global rise

0005038312_001_20240319081005396.jpeg?type=w430View original

[OSEN=Reporter Ji Min-kyung] Treasure's new project 'Shining SOLO' is attracting attention as it continues to steadily increase in popularity in the global market.

According to YG Entertainment on the 19th, Treasure's entertainment program 'Shining SOLO' ranked first in popularity on Japan's major OTT platform Lemino the day before. It occupied the top spot in this category as soon as it was released and succeeded in reaching the top for three consecutive weeks.

In addition, on oneD, the OTT of GMM Grammy, Thailand's largest entertainment company, it ranked 1st in the entertainment category and 7th in overall content. Considering that it is showing a rapid upward trend beyond the prominent local programs being aired in each country, we can realize the content power of Treasure, which has expanded beyond music to include entertainment.

In fact, through 'Shining SOLO', Treasure is receiving a positive response from viewers with a fresh side that is different from their appearance on stage. It is said that the pleasant chemistry between the members as well as the process of each person growing in their own way in an unfamiliar situation is immersive and causes excitement.

‘Shining SOLO’ is a romantic survival show that will determine Treasure’s best ‘jewel man’. It contains the process of the members spending four days at Treasure Castle, appealing to their individual charms, and being selected as female cast members. It can be seen every Sunday at 12:30 a.m. on SBS, and is also aired simultaneously in Japan, Thailand, and Taiwan.

Meanwhile, Treasure recently successfully completed its second large-scale tour of Japan, '2024 TREASURE TOUR [REBOOT] IN JAPAN', spanning 7 cities and 16 rounds, meeting 300,000 audiences. In addition, following the Asian tour starting in May, a Japanese fan meeting tour is scheduled for July, which is expected to spur the global upward trend. /mk3244@osen.co.kr

Yuck.

Kpop fans should NEVER look at financial reports and think they can interpret or understand how businesses work.

You're Kpop fans. Your understanding of how businesses function is limited due to your perspective of just being a fan.

Prices and contracts are dynamic and variable.

You can't even begin to understand contracts and the levels of complexity.

Let's just say the OP's (and a few other people in this thread) understanding of how this works is on an elementary school level.

Got all the regular assholes of AKP already terrified ^^

You know all of you are terrible human beings right?

Take a break from Kpop like I did and comeback. You'll see how ridiculous your behavior is. Look at what some of you are actually saying. I promise, you'll be embarrassed and see why mainstream music fans laugh at you.

Anyway it looks like BabyMonster is gonna have a lot of you scared, angry, shaking and foaming at the mouth.

woman-mad-face.gif

It's gonna be funny to watch ^^

Youre very bothered 8o

from people who knew who she is. I feel like a lot of kpop fans just checked them out because they were YG and after BP. But honestly a new member doesn’t fix underlying problems.

Lol. "Underlying problems"

Yall just make shit up.

I say it once, i say it a million times. Kpop fans are fucking horrible.

I took about a 9 month break from Kpop. And what I learned is that everyone laughs at Kpop fans...a lot of it is because of shit like this and why Kpop will never be anything beyond a niche.

You people live in a very small bubble.

Kpop artists are great and talented. Kpop fans are the ugly boils on Kpop's ass.