Posts by SendFoodPics

Well PD48 was kind of obvious. Idol School was so heavily rigged that all the members were pretty much finalized the minute they signed up, and most signed contracts before coming on the show.

The rumors were that either Song Hayoung (good dance and stable vocal) and Gyuri were the ones who initially weren’t in the lineup but producers saw their potential and brought them in. Gyuri was in a tough spot because she wasn’t considered very talented and was a bit of a last minute addition - so as a popularity boost went to PD48 and gained a lot of fans for her vocal/visual.

I think she just didn’t see a great future with Fromis. Her fans are supportive of the acting pathway. Most of Fromis fans skew heavily male however Gyuri is one of the few members with majority female fans. This probably played a huge reason into why she left. Acting generally goes well with idols who cater to a majority female audience.

It is a blow to Fromis as a group. Probably their most popular member with Hayoung and Nakko. But it’s her right and hopefully things go well.

I actually have a few moots in common with one of the writers (who has no clue what's going on) but I think Sneakers is the Bside, and Checkmate is the TT. ITZY are the queens (in a chess game) and they're checkmating us. That's the concept I believe.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or maybe there's 2 back to back Korean comebacks and this is to drum up hype? Noise marketing? They could have lied about only one....

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OR sneakers is a collab with Jojo Siwa :pepe-notes:

FWrpOuFXkAYlAeH?format=jpg&name=small

On the POSTER the name Sneakers is hiding the name CHECKMATE - I think they are releasing a pre-release title track or something.

Even if XG are not directly affiliated with YG and are under Avex, they used the YGEX studio and some of their trainers helped train the girls. YG could easily partner up with Avex and be a part of their management. Just imagine if that was the case. This gg would be the top of the game and create some buzz and positivety to YG. While we wait for BlackPink comeback and YNGG, XG could have gained hype in the meanwhile for them. Seriously, just look at this performance. I haven't seen so much power and swag since BP's debut!

External Content www.youtube.com

It probably has to do with being connected to Japan and YG's previous scandals there. YG is facing inquiry on their Japanese businesses, just like SM in Hong Kong.

She should direct that at her former prod staff and not at sunmi. If she only said that okay, but she indirectly implies that sunmi is boring and sorry that’s shady af

I mean Jessi is brash but I took it as Sunmi is a way calmer person than her, not in a boring way but that the format of the show is one where the host has to be very outgoing.

SBS specifically kicked Jessi out because they wanted somone allegedly more "conservative" which is why Jessi is unhappy. (rumors were circling on pann but I didn't take them to be true) Sunmi is obviously what they mean by conservative.

Production Staff have no say on this.

Edit: Part 2 of her instagram live has her saying good things about Sunmi, I don't think Sunmi knew about it either.

1: they did her wrong

2: she was told by a fan she was replaced? Wth

3: no need to shade Sunmi.

4: sunmi is on tour in august and september. When is this show?

I get that this whole thing is unfair towards her but why is she so shady towards sunmi??

I guess because this entire format worked because of Jessi's weird personality. With her asking outlandish questions was how the show was fun. Now Sunmi is just a very different idol so now the show won't work the same.

I think she's sounding shady because they may be removing all the clips with Jessi in them for Sunmi. That would piss me off too, esp since ones like the TXT ones have millions of views.

I assume the 2 bunnies on fire are the 2 we have already seen in the BTS MV, Seohyun and Minji. But it also seems like a cute concept with the roller skates.

There's 5 members, Jin Sua (2003) (the main dancer probably, her dance crew was on SWF), Nari? (2003) (unknown member), Minji (2004) (the center a la JK), Ryu Hanbi (2004) (famous Korean child actress, likely the visual) and Seohyun (2005). All are Koreans.

I think Nari may be the main vocal just because I don't see any of the revealed members being vocalists.

No, she won't. It's just your delusions talking, mate.

Why can't she? People from more nugu groups like Matilda are becoming huge stars in the musical world. Solar with a huge fanbase should have it much easier.

Also the amount of powerhouse vocalists is low in the industry if they want idol star power: Wendy and Yuju are doing more solo work, Seunghee & Sejeong are lighter singers, it leaves the path wide open for Solar. Power is very important for a musical actress.

I know there's a huge nepotism scandal going on with the Korean musical industry, but I logged on to praise Solar, because I was extremely shocked by her performance.

She was outstanding in Mata Hari. Like outstanding. I had no expectation whatsoever because generally idols struggle to ease into musicals [in terms of expressing and singing] but wow.

Solar has some of the best stage presence in Kpop, and it really shows when she's singing too. Even though she's a very strong belter, she also can express herself while singing (which generally idols are trained not to do). She's also not afraid to be over-the-top, which is great for a musical actress.

Mata Hari was a huge diva and it's really hard to play her, but honestly? Solar did really well for a newbie and I think there's a new musical star in the making. Changsub is the better trained singer by far, but Solar completely outshined him in this role.

FVVPv6GaQAAwcfJ?format=jpg&name=large

Sullyoon looks so nice with this type of makeup! I really hated the cakey look all the idols have while promoting and this style looks so much better.

With the BTS break, which bg groups do you see taking the mantle spot now?

BTS only, they won't fade away in anyone's mind.

In terms of out of active boy groups Seventeen and NCT have a chance to win more awards and such w/no BTS, and if Seventeen gets a song the Korean general population likes (the last one wasn't as well liked as earlier releases) it could be a real hit. I guess NCT could switch it up too, maybe Dream?

I‘m not going to name drop, even though I have several in my mind.

And it’s not really my intention to shade either, but it just boggles my mind that there are idols out there who have trained for 5 years or so and still can’t dance at all.

I personally suck at sports, so I cannot expect others to excel at dancing, of course, but looking at how lacklustre some idols dance after years of training I sometimes wonder what they do during all those years

Diets. A kpop idol is not in regular condition, they're severely weakened by a diet, having to retake performances several times, and have to have stage presence + often sing too, and often on very little sleep.

Some people have no natural rhythm. Bom confessed to this, she constantly missed beats and is known to be the worst dancer in 2ne1.

Scandals have a huge impact on idols, even ones that weren't involved in it. It's not good publicity, because of Garam, the other members are going to get hated extensively too despite not being involved in the bullying at all. It's not something to joke about.

Yep. I've seen Chaewon get hate for stepping in as the leader, and Sakura's latest interactions with her had a ton of backlash. Eunchae too is getting hate for calling her "my close friend". This is no joke.

This could be just a random internet person pretending to be someone involved and having a laugh, but the part about tons of evidence is sure worrisome for the company

They gave their real name and it's traced to their school ID....HYBE is panicking because she's talking bluff, but others aren't.

There's surely more capable people (saesangs, angry Kfans/gen public) threatening Garam right now. That's why they've cancelled their appearances. WTF HYBE? They shouldn't have even brought her to promote.