Am I the only one who stopped listening to boy groups?

• Like I am so uninformed about boy groups, their songs feel the same to me whereas girl groups are killing it. I used to listen to BTS but I gradually stopped. The new JYP boy group is pretty good but other than that nothing.

Other than NCT I'm not sure there are any other groups for the 4th gen. Is NCT 4th gen? God, I am so out of touch with boy groups it's embarrassing.

What do you think? Also if you have any boy groups to recommend please do so (especially if they are more unknown ones).

• Two boy groups that don't release "noise music" but no one ever acknowledges.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Then, let's go with ballad

External Content youtu.be

• I still listen to bgs but definitely less than before. For ggs, even if I don't stan them I check out their songs on the day they release but with bgs it sometimes takes me days even months to listen to their music. The only bgs I actively listen to now are txt, xdinary heroes, day6 and the occasional other bgs that end up in my playlists. But I definitely listen to ggs more now

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• How many of them are there?

NCT units? 4

- NCT U. Members rotate depending on the song. Kind of like a "special edition" of NCT

- NCT 127. The main korean unit that has 9 members.

- NCT Dream. The youngest of NCT that were supposed to "graduate" (leave the unit) once they reached a certain age. SM scrapped that idea and now they are a normal group of 7 members.

- WayV. The chinese unit, they have 7 members so far.

More members have been introduced lately so they are surely debuting another unit soon.

• I got sth for you

• External Content open.spotify.com

External Content open.spotify.com

• Good god. What connects them all? Like, do they have the same members or sth?

• I listened to Big Bang song when it came out, does that count?

• Here are some bangers :pepe-cowboy:

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• Good god. What connects them all? Like, do they have the same members or sth?

They interact and support each other a lot and their style of music, while different, definitely has the "NCT feel" to it. They also share some members (Mark and Haechan are both on 127 and Dream), and through projects like NCT 2020 (yearly albums NCT has done where all members participate) they use NCT U with many different configurations of members.

For example: one of the most popular songs of NCT U is 'Make A Wish'. The members that participated on that song were:

- Taeyong, Doyoung, Jaehyun (NCT 127)

- Jaemin (NCT Dream)

- Lucas, Xiaojun (WayV)

- Shotaro (a new member who's still not on a fixed unit)

On that same NCT 2020 album, NCT U had another title track with '90's Love'. On this song the members were:

- Mark, Haechan (127/Dream)

- Jeno (Dream)

- Ten, Yangyang, WinWin (WayV)

- Sungchan (like Shotaro, a new member at the time that's still not on a fixed unit)

• I stopped checking out bgs years ago lol there’s just no interest left in me. I only first heard butter on a playlist shuffle a couple days ago and i still haven’t listened to exo’s latest song from last year :pepe-peek: :pepe-cringe:

• just stan my nugus

4th Gen

**Ateez** (2018)

Aweek (2019)

Black Level (2022)

Bz-Boys (2019)

**D-Crunch** (2018)

DKB (2020)

**E'Last** (2020)

F.able (2020)

Ghost9 (2020)

Just B (2021)

**Luminous** (2021)

Mirae (2021)

M.O.N.T (2019)

Nine.I (2022)

**Noir** (2018)

Omega X (2021)

OneUs (2019)

P1Harmony (2020)

Trendz (2022)

Triger (2019)

VeriVery (2019)

• Good list but where is onlyoneof jenn ????

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• No offense but as a non-fan this looks so messy to me, similar to how when you watch akb48 for the first time. Makes sense cuz they kina used the same concept.

• The new JYP boy group is pretty good but other than that nothing.

The only BG you need to know tbh

:pepe-devil:

Everyone come have some Strawberry Cake

• It is messy but is just easier to understand if you look at them like 3 "normal" groups (127, Dream and WayV) and NCT U as a special unit where the members come together depending on the song.

tbh I dislike the whole akb48 system, I feel like it's designed more for the profit of the company than the idols cuz it makes the idols more disposable. you literally have a fight between the members of who gets the most screen time, this leads to fighting within the fandom as well.

Not sure if this is the case with NCT though, I don't know them.

• Usually i only check out BGs when something happens, like some kind of drama or viral moment. I think SKZ and TXT are the only groups where i will actually make an effort to listen, since they've had high quality songs in the past (Mixtape 2, Side Effect, Slump, Lovesong, Loserlover). I did like Ikon's retro song this year, plus Treasure's Jikjin wasnt bad either.

• i'll give examples of my 4th gen faves:

I'm not gonna convince anyone to listen to them, but it's amazing how many 4th gen bg's are out there and no one stops to even give them a listen, unless they are from the "big 3/4".

*shrugs*

• tbh I dislike the whole akb48 system, I feel like it's designed more for the profit of the company than the idols cuz it makes the idols more disposable. you literally have a fight between the members of who gets the most screen time, this leads to fighting within the fandom as well.

That would be a pretty long convo about what makes idols disposable and all. It's true that being part of a big brand makes the members seem less "unique" and more disposable, but because these fixed units almost work as pretty much any other group (and since most of the time the units work separated), it's not as easily replaceable as you could think. The units so far have from 7 to 9 members and every one of them have their own fandom. Make a member leave without reason from any unit and I can assure you the backlash would be as heavy as any other big boygroup.

That's why NCT Dream's concept of graduation didn't work out and some of SM's efforts of "ranking" the members have been boycotted. The korean and international market for K-Pop doesn't work like J-Pop and fans empathizing with the members is too much of a thing to make something like AKB happen.

NCT's concept take different things from different J-Pop groups but they are their own thing pretty much.

• For the ones I think have potential, I still check in on their music and development and encourage them to work on hitting their potential.

• tbh I dislike the whole akb48 system, I feel like it's designed more for the profit of the company than the idols cuz it makes the idols more disposable. you literally have a fight between the members of who gets the most screen time, this leads to fighting within the fandom as well.

Hmm I follow traditional groups and NCT, people fight over screen time in both. Certainly I’m a NCT stan and biased but I don’t think the system makes them more disposable. It is very clear that units are not the same if a member is out. 127 will not be the same when Taeil enlists and no one they can swap in temporarily could replace him.

Where I do think the system benefits is growing the skills of the members or allowing them to experiment with different styles beyond their “home unit.” We were just having the discussion that the younger WayV members were better dancers and performers for their time in NCT U units with some of the group’s best dancers and performers. Some of the weaker rappers improved their skills working with the stronger ones on songs.

(From a business perspective, I think it’s less about making them disposable and more about making each member even more profitable. If I love Jaehyun, I’m going to buy Jaehyun stuff in NCT 127 AND Jaehyun stuff in NCT U AND Jaehyun stuff in NCT all unit stuff. So it’s three times the money out of each idol. And there are 23 of them :pepe-life-support:)

I’d also just say about anyone who thinks NCT is too many member, you could just follow one sub-group! Each of the sub-unit groups releases their own music and content and it’s entirely possible to just enjoy one group without listening to any others. There are people who only follow NCT Dream (brighter, poppier music) and people who only follow NCT 127 (more hip hop influenced) and people who only follow WayV (more r&b influenced).

For years I didn’t bother with NCT Dream because that whole cutesy kiddo music and vibe didn’t appeal to me. :pepewash:

The sub-units are WayV (5 right now), Dream (7 members) and 127 (9 members.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!