Am I the only one who couldn't care less about sales/charting/achievements?

• I've been wanting to make this thread for a while.

I've seen countless threads, like COUNTLESS threads calling my faves "nugus" and "flops" and such, and I genuinely do not care. Of course, I want my faves to be successful in general and sure I am happy when they get achievements, but I cannot genuinely appreciate / enjoy their comebacks IN PEACE without being called "flops" 24/7 and accused for falling off the charts.

"Twice is flopping on korean charts, yadayadayada, onces living in the past, yadayadayada," "XYZ group is declining" like who cares? At the end of the day K-pop is a hobby, not a job like geez, let me watch content that I want, buy albums that I want, and stream when I want to. :pepefacepalm:

Like I genuinely stan groups for their music, visuals, talent, etc. but there's people out there acting like it's the end of the world if their track "flops" on the charts and streaming like crazy even trying to guilt others at the price of their work / sleep. Like I do not give a F if their comeback "flops" or doesn't chart if I genuinely like the comeback. And imma be honest you'll rarely find me on achievement threads unless it's like not the same old charting thread or I feel it is worth celebrating.

Anyways I've been lurking on anons and akp for a while and I've been waiting to get this off my chest so this is my take on this. :pepecry:

• red-silk

Changed the title of the thread from “Am I the only one who couldn't care less about achievements?” to “Am I the only one who couldn't care less about sales/charting/achievements?”.
  • I mean of course I want my faves to get an award, win on a music show, i mean who doesn't? But other than that I really don't care. I love the music and who they are. I am not hell bent on numbers, streaming, charting etc. I may do a little voting here and there, a little streaming sometimes. But overall, I just want to enjoy my faves.

But I mean i can't deny the fact that of course everyone wants them to win something. But it's not the end of the world if they don't. it doesn't justify their music or how good they are in my opinion. All charting is, imo, is bragging rights for fandoms. It doesn't tell me anything about their music.

• I do find some sales discussions interesting,but most of the time it's just people using their narrow-minded ideas of success to degrade groups they dislike,which is the epitome of pathetic.

Generally people who are on Melon 24/7 following the numbers under a microscope really need to touch some grass.

• I care for smaller or newly debuted groups since I'll be worried about them not making it and their careers falling apart. Disbanding, hiatus etc.

But no, when it comes to top groups like Twice I don't care about charting because I know that they'll be fine either way. It's easy to not care when I know they're in a safe position

• I understand that to some extent good sales/achievements are needed for artists to have them stay in the industry for a longer time and give us hope for another comeback, but apart from that I don't really follow any charts and I don't find them the most important. Looks like you're not alone in your thoughts and feelings :yesr:

• I have never really cared how my favorites charts or sale, but I care a bit because if a group flops they will be disbanded and I don't want that. But if they peak as nr 4 or nr 1 in the charts don't matter for me, I newer follow charts or achievements. But at some moments I can feel happy for some groups, like when T-ara won a show price with "What's My Name" and to see how much it meant for them after all the years since their fall from the top.

• I wouldn't dislike a group for lacking success however for some groups I like the members so I want them to be rewarded for their hardwork and also continue to put out songs, so I do care about success to a degree because without success my faves would just disband

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!