Posts by DMV2DMZ

(Last Western Song Listened To)

Thee Sacred Soul - Future Lover

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This song really pulls at my ear because the chorus sounds like a Marvin Gaye (R&B/Soul Music Legend) song and it has a beat and bassline that just asks to be sampled.

Of course, other songs pop up in the back of my head at some point of listening...like U2's "The Troubles":

(Last Western Song Listened To)

Carly Rae Jepsen - Western Wind

(Last Western Song Listened To)

Thee Sacred Souls - Can I Call You Rose?

I hope songs from this album get synced in new throwback movies and/or TV series.

Unexpected but nice segue before the song ended.

Should they try to change up their sound? Or continue sticking to this “mix pop” genre?

I think their team should refocus the "main idea" of NMixx to the "mix" of their vocal ability and harmonies. I think drawing on that naming idea, probably fron Little Mix, wasn't a strong enough idea to follow in the first place. Other agencies mix genres way better, so that's not worth emphasizing.

JYPE isn't known for their lady singers' singing ability. This is an area of opportunity worth improving. Having a group of 7 members who can dance AND sing better than most id0l groups still isn't that common.

Other than that, adopt the "Twice-regional-sound strategy". No more sandwiching a western leaning track in between a basic K-Pop track lacking higher levels of quality. Curate "western leaning", "K-Pop cute-fare", and fandom-centric songs and sprinkle those on the album..don't mix them in studio songs. Leave that for live performances only.

Overall flop. Most of this song feels even more disposable than their initial debut! The beat they switched to was good. It's obvious what their team should do, but apparently not obvious enough from the "inside looking out".

the 2000s sound claims are true, the beginning of forever only has always reminded me of this song from my childhood:

Little known fact: The SAME duo who produced "Get Out" produced these 2 already mentioned songs, plus one for an OG R&B great. You can tell it's their "signature" sound when you line them up and listen:

You've got that right! It's always a listening pleasure when a song matches a person's energy % for %!

It reminds of early 2000s music :pepe-grooving:

It remnds me a little bit of this song :pepe-grooving:

Yep. Craig David's "Fill Me In" is a given because of his UK/US commerical success. They actually flipped an acoustic guitar sample and made it more rhythmic and d0pe. For anyone who likes guitar loops, I tracked down some more 2000's R&B cuts for reference/receipts:

Craig David - 7 Days

Chico DeBarge - Give You What You Want

Blaque - 808

702 - You Don't Know

3LW - I'm Gonna Make You Miss Me