Posts by DMV2DMZ

They do sound good (as expected)! I'm not feeling the single though. I realize an English version of this particular title wouldn't be a strong move even though Day6 has been consistently effective with their English lyrics.

"Everyday We Fight", "One", and "So Let's Love" all check out! "One" is pretty lit from the start! Honestly, I could listen from Track #4 straight through Track #7. Not feeling the synths in "Only" and "Above The Clouds" though.

I think the electric guitar droned on for too long in "So Let's Love". I couldn't cozy up as closely to the song with sustained feels because of it. It sounded great intro-ing the song and when the beat stops after the chorus, but started to detract after certain singing parts began. The riff that played in the left audio channel during the chorus would have hit the spot if it were a little more prominent.

Something about the mininalism of the song during the verse feels so intimate and beautiful. Such a rarity for a guy group or band to pull off. Overall, it's still a good song too. Good job to the guys! 5/7 tracks is above the average!

A part 2? Sqweet! Goofing off more I see! I don't know why I thought Wonpy had on high-top retro Nikes. He def. scored points with the New Balances. I think the length of Jae-Day and YK's hair in the front is flattering; it works well for them! Wonpy's "worshipful eyes" shot almost cracked me! I had to cover my mouth so I wouldn't laugh!

The Denimalz getting a feature was cute! Jae-Day is giving off elven vibes in these scenes, but more vampire ones in the solo teaser; interesting! Very satisfying "Making of"! I think it would be cool if someday Day6 can get some kind of sponsorship from Targe' (Target); their trademarks are practically overlays of one another!

Nothing is impossible. Their team really needs to upgrade the group's English lyrics for the next mini-album portover. I'm not impressed. It would have been a savvier look in connection with their Maybelline adverts if the lyrics were more current.

Speaking of Quiet Storm, here's a nice synchronicity. Vox did a mini-doc on it! It's a deeper dive into the rich history Red Velvet is connected to in a part of their music.

If SM wants to level up their international savvy and be more interculturally compentent, they should consider finding the right way to tribute and show appreciation for the people and music that is a part of their empire and groups' DNA:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Truly vocally talented musicians. Wonpy gave me slight chills during the acapella snip of Even of Day's "Where The Sea Sleeps". The two-part harmony with YK in the studio version (lyric, "Stay with me") still gives me chills. Songs like this and "I'm Serious" are built for a good acapella-only performance.

"Love Song" with The Blank Shop sounds like a classic!! If Day6 ever got the chance to jam with Carlos Santana, that would be dope!

The vocals make "So Let's Love" (Track #7) really POP! It sounds like a jewel!

I think "Only" (Track 4) and "Above The Clouds" (Track 5) would sound even better without the synths. "One" (Track 6) is still sounding like the dopest on the album! I still can't block out the visual of a discoball dropping out of the ceiling when I hear "Healer" (Track 3).

....This song started blasting in my mind when I read the thread title:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.