Posts by DMV2DMZ

The vibe, tempo, and intro are good, but the track could have be better.

I don’t think their team applied enough research to capture certain elements of New Jack Swing in the most flattering way.

What was distinct about this era of music? Most def. the snare and backbeat. That part was okay in the song. The horn “hits” were hit and miss in places. Examples of effective horn hits:

Keith Sweat - I Want Her

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Karen White - The Way You Love Me

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Boyz II Men - Motownphilly

What did the song an injustice? The melody didn’t stand out enough during the hook. They also needed something to break the repetition somewhere in the song. Good examples are:

Hi-Five - She’s Playing Hard To Get

Portrait - Here We Go Again!

Tony! Toni! Toné! - Feels Good

All these tracks were hits..top 10 Billboard on R&B and/or Hot 100 charts..easily found in YT playlists. Looked it up.

(Last K-Pop Song Listened To)

D.O. - Good Night

External Content youtu.be

D.O. (AKA Kyung Soo, AKA "Kyung SOOUP") - Mars

External Content www.youtube.com

Yupp but I’m not sure for how long. And having only 1 big act is not a good sign for an agency

Whatever the reason(s) behind it, I like this kind of quality for them! Def. one of the most slept on HYBEsha affl'ed. groups but one with the right ingredients for mass appeal.

Well thats true. But at the same time if they ain’t willing to spend it then there’s nothing different

If the group is consistently profitable, isn't this a form of reinvestment ("spending money to make more money")?

As-Is, I'm feeling "Heaven" and "Count It" most. Playlist and slow-burn ready! Tweak "Butterflies" and that would be my trio!

"Butterflies" felt good but loses momentum at the hook. I think they should have went with rap singing throughout 1:15 - 1:24.

"Heaven" feels the best vocally. The vocal melody is good and memorable.

"Something" needed a more distinct feeling hook..production wise.

"Count It" has a really good feeling production hook. That's the kind of "payoff" a hook supposed to have. Just played it twice because I like. Made my body move automatically and that is nice!

P.S. I know Sam Kim is AKA Sam Kam too! "That him (sing)rap name!!"

Can’t vote on this one. The vocal melody isn’t as catchy as I would have liked. I like the aggressive part of the song. It’s very reminiscent of an aspect of Rich Harrison’s production style:

1 Thing

Crazy In Love

Freakum Dress

Take This Ring

These two:

Michael Jackson & Tinashe (Mash) - Do You Remember x Nasty Girl

Kard - Icky

Somebody should remash them! “Nasty” and “Icky” together would be d0pe! Both songs are so catchy and addictive alone!

RIIZE - Honestly

I'd put more "riiz" on the beat and lean more contemp. R'NB vocals to add proper seasoning. This is what annoys me about SME with song production.."circles the hoop" of being c00l and d0pe but rarely ever get consistently clean swishes.

BM w/Jay Park - Nectar

This song sounds good live!

Lucy - Go

External Content youtu.be