Posts by the101

We can just turn it into an echo chamber :pepepizza:

Well in that case, I'd throw in the buttery vocals of Jet Lag. It's in my nighttime sleepy chill list...

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Since no one mentioned this superior masterpiece yet

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I mean honestly this thread could be endless. I was just thinking off the top of my head and still going and then I thought "I know I always have long posts and people probably even aren't going to click on these 10 songs.." But I'm a masochist..

Favorite bside this afternoon? :pepepizza:

Shuffle reminded me how much I like this song even though it didn't come to mind among my faves..

okay I've tried to narrow my question down to ten of my faves and I've included here for the folks who aren't familiar with NCT 127's music beyond the tt and might be interested in knowing more about it. Neo Zone is heavily represented here because I love r&b and there are some really outstanding r&b tracks on that album.

- Make Your Day - gorgeous r&b piano ballad

(from Sticker - this feels like the sequel to Make Your Day and already one of my faves)

- Mad City - premium rap: Taeyong and Mark spitting bars after Jaehyun's vocal lead-in. I've put the live version here because its intensity and energy is phenomenal.

- Day Dream - dreamy and beautiful downtempo

- Highway to Heaven - pure glorious power pop with r&b flavor

- Baby Don't Like It - it has the feel of a r&b jam with unexpected elements in the instrumental

- Sun & Moon - live version here is glorious. Beautiful, yearning r&b.

- Mad Dog - more hot bars over an addictive melody

- Good Thing - brassy fun r&b (this is almost always paired with Elevator in my playlists and now maybe Dreamer)

- Whiplash - more great bars + silky R&B vocals - quintessential NCT 127 b-side

- Elevator 127F - funky retro r&b

Okay - I couldn't just do 10:

- No Longer - again, the live version is superior IMO. It just missed my cut for the top 10 but the vocals here are phenomenal and worth your listen if you haven't seen me push it (real good) all over this forum)

- Lemonade - this is a banger, straight up

- Breakfast - feel good party bop

- Summer 127 - a counterpart feel good party bop

- Focus - silky, sexy r&b

(I feel like Focus is the child of Fly Away With Me, but I think Focus is better. I really like Fly Away With Me. Again the live version is superior)

For the vocal fireworks

For Vroom Vroom Talk Show

For fashion evaluations

:pepepizza:

It’s well known that NCT 127 b-sides span a wide range of styles (and often vastly different to the tt.) Sticker stays true to this premise, ranging from the sultry Focus to the banging Bring the Noize to the power pop of Road Trip.

What’s your favorite NCT 127 bside from Sticker?

What’s your favorite NCT 127 bside (or several because I know even as I ask this question that I couldn’t pick just one)?

Yeah becuase 65 people voted out of pettiness and not bc they dislike the song.....its not like nct is popular for their music

as I said the last time this came up, you’re right: They are popular for their music AND their performances AND their dancing AND their fun social content. They’re popular not just for one thing but multiple things.. they’re limitless!

But speaking of loving the music, here are some of my favorite bsides from the new album:

why do i keep thinking neo and you are the same people this is so confusing and the101's is confusing too and i miss butter ;(</3

everything is a mess

we all signed up to support the cb by using one member during the promos in our dps and sigs. (They were randomly picked.) It’s been really cool when the guild supports members’ birthdays by all wearing themes of the birthday boy and spreading the love of Neo around akp so thought it would be fun for the cb. It’s been fun (to me at least) because it made me get outside of my comfort zone and usual picks. (Also reinforced how short changed Taeil often is in video content.) The only time it sucked is when it was either static or super soft choices. I went static because I’m never a fan of soft Taeil styling.

the101 do you prefer DFTF or Sticker? :ak_hyunjinsip:

Sticker. The guys sound great on DFTF and I like the song. I know some think it’s EXO’s weakest tt, but that’s Power to me, which is just basic IMO. I may not like Mama or Wolf but they are doing things there only they could do vs Power and the songs themselves certainly don’t feel cookie cutter. (And technically if you compare it to the other winter album tt, which really ought to be the comparison since it’s a special album like those, it’s the best tt of the special albums, which is probably some type of heresy but I’ve already established myself as an EXO heretic for not liking El Dorado.)

But Sticker is the more interesting, more engaging and well stickier song. I really love it. It leans very much into some of the current sounds in hip hop, while still pushing the boundaries, extending back to a line that (to me) really starts with the still fresh Timbaland and Neptunes work from the late 90s and early 2000s. Plus Taeil wailing full force on that chorus and the way many of the singers are singing in their lower registers to add dark richness to the vocals (even Haechan dropping a growl)..

I don't really care even if they say the song is horrible or garbage or whatever. What personally annoyed me is

1-the people that come into it with an obvious fanwar agenda. I don't know if you were around for NEO 's bop or flop thread but there were comments such as "their fans must have Stockholm syndrome", "they obviously hate their fans, sorry Daniel", "BTS outsold in all fronts" like what the fuck even?

2- people who feel so passionately about their dislike of the song, like holy crap just turn it off, you don't even stan them so why so violent? Don't listen to it geez

No, I forgot to comment before I went to bed and then that thread was locked by the time I got on here on one of my breaks. I will never understand how people can be so pressed about it. Their group sells a bajillion albums and there's a massive wall that spans all of Kwangya between their views, sales, streaming, merchandise, concert tours and everyone else, so like why are you so mad about someone else doing good when their good is not even anywhere near your good? It's like sitting in a Ferrari and being pissed off that your neighbor got a nice convertible Mustang.

Which big3 bg is not flopping on the charts? at best exo & shinee cause they are like "legacy" groups. The rest chart for a few days thanks to their fandom and then out

I know NCT Dream topped the Gaon chart with "Hot Sauce," while "Hello Future" was somewhere in the top 10 but I don't remember the number.

I thought both Hot Sauce and Hello Future also were on the charts for about 2 months each..but I'd have to check that out.

:pepepizza:

Everytime someone goes to one of the threads about Sticker and be all like "the song is bad etc etc but hey congratulations on the huge preorders numbers :pepe-toast:"

I get the urge to go and listen to Lemonade again because I can feel the sour bitterness from all the way across the globe :pepe-hehe:

What I find is people saying "it sounds horrible" or "terrible." Now I get that you don't like it or it's not your flavor or whatever, but the vocals in that chorus are flawless af. So horrible..hmm..naw.

It also puzzles me like did none of these people ever hear a Timbaland or Missy Elliott or Pharrell song to be so affronted?

:pepewhat:

I think I said this somewhere else but I thought Promise You was going to be another Dreams Come True so I wasn't very excited about it, but then it turned out it was more in the vein of Not Alone, admittedly not as good but still a very pleasant surprise.

I usually don't care for the fans songs either, mainly because they usually are not very interesting musically and let the sappy lyrics carry the song but I think Promise You is interesting enough musically.

It does make it relatable tho - kpop fandom is like a relationship: "LOOK here's something special I got for you! I picked it out myself!"

"OH! Yeah it's awesome"

:pepe-cringe:

(secretly not liking it but don't want to hurt their feelings when they're so excited)