I. Get To Know Taeyong
Taeyong (태용) is a K-pop rapper, singer, dancer and songwriter, born in Sillim-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul on July 1, 1995.
II. Taeyong’s Journey
At the age of 18, Taeyong was scouted on the street by an SM Entertainment recruiter and joined the company after successfully passing the audition by singing the national anthem. He was introduced as a member of SM Rookies, a pre-debut idol training team, on December 2, 2013.
Upon debut, he was assigned the roles of main rapper and main dancer, despite having no background in dance prior to his training. In 2014, a video of Taeyong performing a fragment of his song "Open the Door" was published on SMTown's YouTube channel.
III. Taeyong’s NCT Debut
In July, he was announced to be a member of the 2nd unit, NCT 127.
IV. NCT History
- Made his debut on April 9, 2016, with the sub-unit NCT U with their first digital single, "The 7th Sense".
- Made his debut on July 10, 2016, with the sub-unit NCT 127 with their first mini-album, NCT #127.
- Participated in the project unit NCT 2018 on March 14, 2018 with their first full-scale album, ‘NCT 2018 Empathy’ uniting all the units.
- Participated on the project unit NCT 2020 on October 12, 2020 with the second full album, NCT Resonance Pt. 1.
- Participated on the project unit NCT 2020 on November 23, 2020 with the second full album repackage, NCT Resonance Pt. 2.
- Participated on the project unit NCT 2020 on December 4, 2020 with the second full album final single, Resonance.
V. First Single & SuperM
In July 2019, Taeyong released his first solo song, "Long Flight", which he had written and co-composed, with an accompanying music video
On August 8, 2019, Taeyong was revealed as a member of SuperM, a K-pop supergroup created by SM Entertainment in collaboration with Capitol Records. The group's promotions began in October, and were aimed at the American market.
The group released their first EP, SuperM, for which Taeyong co-wrote the song "No Manners”.
VI. Collaborations & OST
|Collaborations & OST||Year|
|Around (with Hitchhiker)||2017|
|Cure (with Yoo Young Jin)||2017|
|Love Deluna (with Punch) OST||2019|
|City Lights" (夜話) (U-Know featuring Taeyong)||2018|
|“Stay in my Life" (with Taeil and Doyoung of NCT) OST||2017|
VII. Featuring Artist
|Red Velvet “Be Natural” (ft Taeyong)||2014|
|“Time" (Hitchhiker featuring Sunny, Hyoyeon from SNSD and Taeyong)||2018|
|“Mood" (Marteen featuring Taeyong)||2019|
VIII. Songwriting Credits
|The 7th Sense||Taeyong, Mark, Jaehyun, Doyoung & Ten||NCT 2018 Empathy||Writing||2016|
|Fire Truck||NCT 127||NCT #127||Writing||2016|
|Mad City||Taeyong, Jaehyun & Mark||NCT #127||Writing||2017|
|Around||Hitchhiker x Taeyong||SM Station Season 2||Writing||2017|
|Cure||Yoo Young-jin x Taeyong (SM Station||SM Station Season 2||Writing||2017|
|Good Thing||NCT 127||Limitless||Writing||2017|
|Back 2 U (AM 01:27)||NCT 127||Limitless||Writing||2017|
|Baby Don’t Like It||Taeil, Taeyong, Doyoung & Mark||Limitless||Writing & Co-producer||2017|
|Angel||NCT 127||Cherry Bomb||Writing||2017|
|Cherry Bomb||NCT 127||Cherry Bomb||Writing||2017|
|Running 2 U||NCT 127||Cherry Bomb||Writing||2017|
|0 Mile||NCT 127||Cherry Bomb||Writing||2017|
|Whiplash||Jaehyun, Mark, Taeyong, Doyoung & Taeil||Cherry Bomb||Writing||2017|
|Summer 127||NCT 127||Cherry Bomb||Writing||2017|
|Stay In My Life||Taeyong, Doyoung & Taeil (NCT U)||School 2017 OST||Writing||2017|
|Boss||Taeyong, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Winwin, Jungwoo, Lucas & Mark||NCT 2018 Empathy||Writing||2018|
|Baby Don’t Stop||Taeyong & Ten||NCT 2018 Empathy||Writing||2018|
|Yestoday||Taeyong, Doyoung, Mark & Lucas||NCT 2018 Empathy||Writing||2018|
|Black On Black||Taeyong, Mark & Lucas||NCT 2018 Empathy||Writing||2018|
|City 127||NCT 127||Regular - Irregular||Writing||2018|
|Regular||NCT 127||Regular - Irregular||Writing||2018|
|My Van||Taeyong, Yuta, Jaehyun, Jungwoo & Mark||Regular - Irregular||Writing||2018|
|Regular (English Version)||NCT 127||Regular - Irregular||Writing||2018|
|Welcome To My Playground||NCT 127||Regular - Irregular||Writing||2018|
|City Lights||U.Know (ft Tayeong)||New Chapter No. 2: The Truth of Love||Writing||2018|
|What We Talkin’ Bout||NCT 127 (feat. Marteen)||Up Next Session: NCT 127||Writing||2018|
|Long Flight||Taeyong||SM Station Season 3||Writing & Co-producer||2019|
|No Manners||Taemin, Kai, Taeyong & Ten (Super M)||SuperM||Writing & Co-producer||2020|
|Pandora’s Box||NCT 127||Neo Zone||Writing||2020|
|Mad Song||Taeil, Doyoung, Mark & Taeyong||Neo Zone||Writing||2020|
|Love Song||NCT 127||Neo Zone||Writing||2020|
|Together At Home||SuperM||Super One||Writing||2020|
IX. Fun Facts
- He has written over 30 songs for NCT
- His favourite artist is Drake
- He likes the movie “Howl’s Moving Castle”
- The song that made him wanna become an artist: Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack”
- Taeyong stated that the most numbers of dogs that he raised is 10 dogs. He had a dalmatian dog named Danbi and Danbi had puppies. (NCT LIfe in Osaka)
- The reason for the mark next to Taeyong’s eye is the Atopy (an eczema-like skin problem)