Whose solos from your fave group do you like the most? If your group hasn't had solos, which member do you want to have a solo most?

• For me, I love Baekhyun's most because he has my fave voice and also because I prefer RnB genre.

For Monsta X, my fave solo songs so far have come from Jooheon, but I'm super looking forward to Kihyun's dropping in a few days!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like Jinhyuk over Wooseok big time

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I listened to all of wooseok's discography (3 albums) and the only one i can vibe with is his first one

• This is a solo OST but I thought I would mention it here because I absolutely love it and no Twice member has their own official and promoted solo song just yet.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Taeyong

External Content soundcloud.com

Jaebeom (Def. >> Jay B)

External Content soundcloud.com

Jinjin

• Han has solos? I don't follow Skz closely but he's my fave member.

Yes, they are so good :blushing:

External Content m.youtube.com

• Tiffany :pepelove1:

My top 3

• well I'm biased so Hyoyeon ^^

External Content youtu.be

but all of SNSD solos have been great tbh :pepelove1:

(still waiting for Soo and Sunny to drop their official solos though :eyes:)

• :lover1:

:pepe-life-support:

Not a solo but it's only one member of the group :pepelove1:

• Def! Nice. This is my fave got7 solo song

• It kind of feels like cheating, since Hongki is the lead singer of a band, but going to list him anyway. He kind of counts too, because his solo music is lighter than the heavy rock ballad styling that FTI is most known for.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• It kind of feels like cheating, since Hongki is the lead singer of a band, but going to list him anyway. He kind of counts too, because his solo music is lighter than the heavy rock ballad styling that FTI is most known for.

Now that I think about it, most of the solos that I enjoy most are from main vocalists or main rappers. I guess it makes sense, since they are the stronger members typically.

• ALL OF THEM????

I find myself listening to Onew - Voice a lot because his voice is very soothing to me, but I revist all of SHINee's solos work often. They all have gems.

:lover1:

aespa doesn't have any yet. I would like to see what Ningning or Winter could do with their vocals (way later down the line down... it still feels a bit early). Ofc, Giselle doing something rap-based on her own could be really dope.

ONF doesn't have much. Hyojin did a couple of OSTs which were nice. His voice is suited towards it.

External Content open.spotify.com

With BTS... it honestly depends on what I'm in the mood for. I like a lot of Suga's work... particularly his mixtapes as Agust D. Those are flawless.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• For Mamamoo : Solar, Moonbyul, Wheein, Hwasa. They all have a very strong artistic identity. "Believe and Listen Mamamoo"

For Red Velvet : My fav is Irene & Seuli sub unit by far, but it's not a "solo" so i'll go with Joy. Wendy is a very good vocalist, but her solo album doesn't take enough risks.

For (G)I-DLE : My fav is Yuqi. They have their own artistic identity, but i prefer Yuqi she explores more concepts of her own.

For Itzy : They don't have any solo. I hope they'll try one. If i need to pick one member for soloist ... Lia ! She surprised me a lot in her vlogs. I think it might make her more confident to have a solo and go into concepts where she feels more comfortable. She has a very pretty tone of voice too, I think she could positively surprise a lot of people.

For Purple Kiss : They just debuted but i think one of them will have a solo song soon. Probably Na Go eun, Chaein or Swan. I think it's will be Na go eun first, she seems to be the best prepared for it :/

• Txt don’t have solos only covers, for NCT I only listened a couple of solo songs.

I liked Ten’s New Heroes

Out of the Exo solos I love Baekhyun’s and Kai’s a lot. Suho solo album wasn’t my style, same with Chen.

:oops:

Favorite from Exo Solos overall:

Also if Txt ever gonna have a solo I hope Beomgyu will release something like this, because I’m in love with this song.

• i don't think there could be another answer haha

• For SNSD: Taeyeon, Jessica was my favorite member, but I didn't like her solos.

I.O.I: Chungha, her songs are the best.

Red Velvet: Didn't like the official solos that much, my favorite Red Velvet solo song is a pre-debut one:

Aespa: Karina, she's an all-rounder, but she's into ballads a lot, so I don't know if my expectations of a solo similar to Sunmi-Tail or anything more performance based and sexy will be fulfilled.

• i don't think there could be another answer haha

seconded, didnt even have to think about it

as for some other faves of mine

would put kibum's entire discography, but have 1 title for now

i'd divide 2ne1's solo stuff into 3 eras: pre-2ne1 (only cl and dara tbh), during yg, and post-yg. here's my faves for each era

pre-2ne1

(technically not even kpop, but who cares it's a bop and more people should know about it)

during yg

(bommie's best ever imo, and one of the better ballads (if you'd call it that) in kpop. plays to her strengths completely, i don't think i'd ever love a song as much as this <3)

post yg

(queen, her best solo song (i said it, dont argue with me))

• as for other groups whose members dont have solos (not counting osts im sorry).... who would i like to have solos?

twice: nayeon/jihyo (versatile, can pull off nearly everything, and can dance, some of the better singers of the group (though frankly idc too much about that) tbh envision a lighter girl-next-door concept for nayeon and a more pop diva, route for jihyo, but they can surprise me). also momo (dance heavy, which is always cool, at least a treat to watch of not necessarily listen to. i can see her leaning totally into the sexy side of thigs), and chaeyoung (will not be like the stuff twice already release, she's extremely creative and will surprise me).

i may make debut albums for each of them, which i'll edit to add!

• From EXO: Baekhyun’s solos have been my favorite. An outstanding voice in styles I love.

From NCT: This is tough because they haven’t officially done solos yet, only SM Station tracks, SoundClouds, covers and one offs. There are quite a few that I like:

- I’m a little worried Taeil may be put on the OST track when he’s so great at R&B and that’s his passion. This is one of the solos I’m most looking forward to.

He comes in at 1:11 here in his lower tones

- I’m also looking forward to Jaehyun’s solo. I love the rich velvet of his voice.

- I can’t wait for Taeyong’s solo, because I don’t know what to expect! He does so many different things.

먹구름 (Dark Clouds)
    먹구름 (Dark Clouds) [DEMO] Lyrics by TY Composed by TY, Royal Dive Arranged by Royal Dive
    soundcloud.app.goo.gl

TY X SEULGI - Rose
    TY x SEULGI - Rose [DEMO] Lyrics by TY, SEULGI Composed by TY, SEULGI, SQUAR (BLUR) Arranged by SQUAR (BLUR) Artwork by TY, KIM J.E
    soundcloud.app.goo.gl

- I’m also really interested in Haechan’s solo and Xiaojun’s.

Bop to the bop:

It’s too soon for Purple Kiss solos, although I’ll love seeing Swan’s, Goeun’s and Chaein’s. For RV, I wasn’t really feeling any of the solos, although I liked the Irene and Seulgi sub unit. I did really love this vibes Motown-styled track from Wendy’s solo:

I really liked this Sangyeon (from The Boyz) solo and would love to see more like this. (I love his voice..)

DAY OFF by SANGYEON
    Lyrics & Composed by 상연 Arranged by 상연, OV Mixed by OV - I don't wanna to go to work 오늘은 가만있고 싶은 Tension 가끔씩 너와 눈을 마주 보며 소소한 행복을 느끼고파 난 너무 단순하니까 전처럼 깊게…
    soundcloud.app.goo.gl

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• For my current favorite groups, I don't see any soloists except for the ones who already have released official solo tracks. I tend to prefer soloists from groups I don't fav.

BUz1JbI.jpg

"And they escorted her to a prison cell..."

J7m1itJm.jpg

Edited once, last by Poetry ().

• We're still waiting Taehyung and JK's mixtapes. :pepe-sad:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Taeyeon , Jennie, Rosé <3

their tones are just so rich and beautiful that everything they touch sounds unique and distinctive

and from the new gen I would say I want a solo from IVE Liz. Her voice is really beautiful, delicate and outstanding

• I like Jisoo's vocal color when she sings in her lower register, unfortunately she doesn't get to showcase that as often but I hope she does for her upcoming solo.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!