I. Introduction To Sana
Sana attended EXPG (Exile Professional Gym) Osaka branch, a dance and vocal studio where many Japanese idols trained, including some members of E-girls, Generations and The Rampage, from 2009 to early 2012.
She first got interested in K-pop because of Girls' Generation's and KARA's rising popularity in Japan. At age 14, in her last year of middle school, she was scouted by JYP Entertainment while shopping with friends at the Osaka Namba Walk, a popular underground shopping mall. The JYPE scouts invited Sana to the 2011 JYP Japan Audition which was held in Osaka (19/11/2011) and Tokyo (25/11/2011). During the audition, Sana performed the 'Mr. Taxi' choreography by Girls' Generation.
After graduating from middle school in March 2012, she moved to South Korea to start her JYP traineeship on April 13th, 2012 together with TWICE's Momo. In 2014, she appeared in the music video of Got7's "A" and Junho's "Feel", making her noticeable and likeable by the public eye.
In 2015, Sana was a contestant on the TV Show Sixteen in order to become a member of JYP's upcoming girl group. Out of the sixteen contestants, Sana was selected as one of the nine members of the newly formed girl group. She debuted with Twice in October 2015 with the title song "Like Ooh-Ahh" from their debut album, The Story Begins.
TWICE went on to be one of the pillars of K-pop and the Nation's Girl Group.
II. Songwriting Credits
|Album Cover||Track||Album||Date of Release||Notes|
|Shot Thru the Heart||Summer Nights||2018||Lyricist|
|Turn It Up||Fancy You||2019||Lyricist|
|Do What We Like||Eyes Wide Open||2020||Lyricist|
|Conversation||Taste of Love||2021||Lyricist|
- Junho - "Candy" featuring Sana (2017)
- K/DA (With Nayeon, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Bekuh Boom and Annika Wells) - "I'll Show You" (2020)
IV. Music Videos
- 2015 Sixteen Mnet Contestant
- 2016 Idol Star Athletics Championships MBC Host
- 2017 KBS Song Festival KBS
- 2019 Idol Star Athletics Championships
- 2020 Nizi Project: Season 1 Host
Music Video Appearances:
- GOT7 - "A" (2014)
- Junho - "Feel" (2014)
- Park Jin Young - "Fire" (feat. Conan O'Brien, Steven Yeun, & Jimin Park) (2016)
- Junho - "Instant Love" (2017)
- Kobukuro コブクロ - 卒業 (2021)
VI. Sana's First Photobook
Title: Yes, I am Sana
Release Date: April 16, 2021
Publisher: JYP Entertainment
Interview: Click Here
- Brand Ambassador for A'pieu Cosmetics
- Brand Ambassador for PRADA
- Muse for WAKEMAKE
- Sana opened up her own official Spotify account.
- Her representative colour is Purple.
- Sana along with Mina and Momo's influence on K-pop brought in a new wave of Japanese trainees into the Korean industry.
- Sana’s hobbies are collecting perfumes and body mist.
- On May 16th, 2022 Sana opened her own Instagram account.
- In just 12 hours of opening her official Instagram, Sana became the FASTEST Female K-pop Idol to reach 3 Million Followers.
- Sana loves Betty Boo.
- Sana's "SHASHASHA" was a cultural phenomenon.
- Knowing Bros dubbed Sana as the 'Aegyo Queen'.