Posts by thelightoftruth

:pepe-hehe:

Lmao. Anyone could have trained them and they'd be fine. They have enough talent.

Being a MHJ group gave them some initial buzz, it's true, but with or without her they are still a Hybe group and would have been as successful.

Look at Illit and LSF. Straight up some of the biggest debuts ever with huge stats. Illit already has 12 mill Spotify listeners. That's Hybe power. The MHJ factor pales in comparison.

NJ are more popular now then they were at debut, and this is despite the whole pedo claim and ETA terrorism sagas. Those were completely to do with MHJ.

The girls themselves have had no major controversies.

NJ fans are there for the girls, not MJH. Except for Yama maybe.

:pepe-shrug:

I pay dust and dirt to the Paved the Way narrative, and I'll never budge on it.

BTS helped build the foundation that created the opportunity, but they had literally nothing to do with how brilliantly MHJ took advantage of the opportunity Hybe's BTS's capital afforded her ;judgingpepe:

I mean, you literally contradicted yourself in the same sentence but okay.....

Min Hee Jin is a bum, she should kiss the ground the girls walk on tbh.

She lucked into getting 5 superstar idols in the same group. All 5 have It girl potential, they're totally underrated when it comes to how talented they are, and they might be the most visual group in kpop from purely facial aesthetics. Not to mention they absolutely deliver every time, performance wise, vocally, dance, you name it.

Every knock they've ever had has been due to MHJ. NJ would be even bigger without her reputation holding them back. She single-handedly inspires clowns to manufacture hate towards NJ.

Honestly you could just replace her with any producer and they'd probably be better off. I mean she's talented for sure, but she pretty much just whipped out a re-tread of early Shinee, Fx, MILK, RV vibes, without the incompetency of SM's debut strats.

Well, I guess if you aren't going to thanks BTS, then you a t least need to thank Hanni, Haerin, Dani, Minji and Hyein first!

I mean, one of us just lives in the real world, while the other lives in a fairytale lol. You are never gonna get every human in the world to be nice to eachother. If you think you can, maybe you are the mentally ill one :pepestare:

idealism vs realism

We should be trying to control things we can, and ignore things we can’t. The girls should have support system and support from their company, because stopping all hate comments is impossible.

Lmao, more like pessimism vs realism. No reason why effort can't be made to change for the better.

If you think sticking your head in the sand is the best way though, good for you I guess.

That's a lot of typing when you could have just said thanks BTS.

You might be one of the few here to understand this. I added this in honor:

:meme-cheers:

My fave meme of all time. Also, great points all around :)

People "being an ass" will never change. If one can't handle it, then they should seriously consider a different profession. You can call out shitty behavior until your last breath and it won't change a thing.

It's actually pretty easy to change. Just engage your brain before you type something toxic. Assuming you have some form of self-awareness.

I get that you are fine with being a punching bag, but wouldn't you rather go to work and not get hit?

Why should you leave the job you love because someone else can't control themselves?

I mean, what's stopping them from not hitting you?

Oh wait, they're probably mentally ill. Like the clowns who pile hate on to idols.

In your world I guess it's okay to for service staff to be abused coz it's 'part of the job', or for your manager to take a dump on you coz that's 'just how it is'.

Imagine never wanting change for the better and being too jaded to try.

I feel for people like you, and I hope things do improve for you at point.

:finger-heart:

People here try to use "constructive criticism" as an excuse, but it's appalling how no one seems to know what it actually is. Bullying and belittling? NOT constructive criticism.

And the ones who try to excuse/deny their own toxicity are the ones that are just the craziest to watch.

It also needs to be said that criticism on these types of platforms is not constructive in any way because it's not being sent to them. If people really want to provide constructive criticism, go email your feedback to the company.

It’s a part of the job. They aren’t the 1st group to get backlash from a performance and they won’t be the last. They can either leave the group or get therapy.

There are tons of stressful jobs out there and when people complain about their job, they either get a new one or reduce their hours. If the girls have a problem with being public figures, they need a new job. PERIOD.

This is an actual dumb take.

Being in the public eye doesn't suddenly make it okay for people to be an ass to you.

It's truly bizarre that you think it's better for a victim to get therapy rather than call out or prevent shitty behaviour.

Maybe if you posted less inane and boring drivel that has nothing to do with the topic it might help with my lack of attention span.

Like it's a simple question, are they talented, yes or no?

For you......

Somehow you need to consider all of the below before you can answer;

• Do I like their music?
    • Are they from YG?
    • How does this affect Mamamoo's legacy?
    • How many comebacks will they have a year?
    • Have they got an official writing credit?
    • What is the meaning of life?
    • Did untwist my knickers first?

:boompepe:

I want to hear more music from my group. One of the ways I can hear more music is they're successful = if they're successful, they have more opportunities for comebacks and better budgets. They are tapped on the shoulders for more OST's, the members have solo options. I'd expect 4 of the 5 members of my group to have solo debuts/comebacks, and that's helped in part because their group music is very successful and they generate profit.

That's all it boils down to. If you want your groups to continue on, you support them and hope for them to be very successful. That way you know they are guaranteed to continue doing what they do.

So yeah, everyone should care, at least a little. Not for bragging rights or to obsess over it, just so they can see their group do well, find more fans, and thus have a longer career.

Somewhat, for the reasons above. Doesn't have to be a chart topper every time.

Also, enough success to avoid the usual 'they flopped' narrative.

You should be embarrassed with how much you froth at the mouth when you type up these posts. It's amusing how you keep crying about everyone not being able to read but demonstrate minimal comprehension yourself.

You keep typing up these future scenarios in your head about how YG is going to promote them badly, and yet this has nothing to do with their talent. Yeah, your comment was 100% about YG and not the girls, what does that even have to do with the initial question the OP asked or the initial comment I made?

I'll tell you. Nothing.

So why rant and rave about the evils of YG? There's no relevance to this topic.

As for judging their talent, obviously we judge on what we've seen so far. It's not that deep mate, we don't have to know them personally and see every single thing they've done.

You don't want to judge them because they don't have enough content to judge. OK, that's your prerogative. Except because you're a hypocrite you have already judged them and decide that they don't measure up to your favourite groups.

As for the age comment, talent can be developed over time. So yeah, comparing a 14 year old to a 23 year old is really quite pointless.

Like I said, neither of you can read and don't know the difference between fair criticism and having a REAL opinion and being a HATER. What I did is having a real opinion.

You attack anyone who has a different opinion, and you're labeling them toxic, haters and jealous. Look in the mirror, honey, and stop talking nonsense.

It's time for you all to grow up, and accept that not everyone has the same biased opinion and want to live in a crazy world where you can't criticize anything, even groups that you actually like.

Lmao, another example of your hypocrisy. The one who needs to grow up and look in the mirror is you. You're the adult acting like a brat whenever someone else has a different opinion to you.

In case you haven't realised yet, you're the first person to start quoting other people and attacking them for different opinions yourself.

If you can dish it, learn to take it.