JinJin

• JinJin (진진) is a South Korean rapper, songwriter, and composer signed under Fantagio Music He is the leader, main rapper, and lead dancer of the boy group Astro.

I. Pre-Debut

JinJin was born Park Jinwoo (박진우) on March 15, 1996 in Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. He attended and graduated from Hanlim Multi Art School with a focus on Practical Dance.

JinJin was a trainee for approximately two years before his debut with Astro. Prior to his debut, he acted alongside the other members of Astro in the web series To Be Continued.

II. Career

JinJin debuted as a member of Astro on February 23, 2016. In July of that year he was featured in the performance stages of Eric Nam's "Can't Help Myself".

On May 23, 2018, JinJin released the solo rap track "Like a King" featuring SUPERBEE and mynDo.

Since the release of their 2016 mini album, Autumn Story, JinJin has partcipated in rap creation alongside fellow member Rocky for most of Astro's songs. He also written and composed several tracks for Astro including "Bloom", "ONE&ONLY", "Lights On", "No, I Don't", and "All Good"

In March 2021, JinJin began hosting the DIVE Studios podcast "Unboxing" alongside his friend and high school classmate, Pentagon's Kino. In December it was announced tht Jinjin would write, compose, and produce the song "Villains" for new boy group TRENDZ.

III. Filmography

Title Year Role Network
    To Be Continued 2015 Himself MBC Every1
    My Romantic Some Recipe 2016 Guest (Ep 6) Naver TVCast
    Sweet Revenge 2017 Himself Oksusu
    Soul Plate 2019 Angel Ariel Naver TVCast, YouTube
    Go Together Travel Alone 2019 Himself (Main Cast) TV Shosun
    The Man Who Grills Meat 2020 Himself (Guest) YouTube

IV. Trivia

• JinJin can speak English and recently reached level 6 on the TOEIC listening and speaking comprehension test.
    • He can play the rums.
    • His favorite color is green.
    • He takes his phone with him, even when he goes to the bathroom.
    • In their current dorms, he shares a room with Moonbin.