Rocky

• Rocky (라키) is a South Korean rapper, singer, dancer, composer, and model signed under Fantagio Entertainment. He is currently active as the main dancer and lead rapper of the boy group Astro.

I. Pre-Debut

Rocky was born Park Min Hyuk (박민혁) on February 25, 1999 in Jinju Suth Gyeongsang Province, South Korea. When he was in the fifth grade, Rocky auditions for the musical Billy Elliot and later became a trainee of Fantagio Music. In 2011, he was a contestant on Korea's Got Talent.

At the age of 12, Rocky was asked by Fantagio staff to create the choreography for 5urpise's "Jump".

Prior to his debut in Astro, Rocky appeared along with the other members in the web drama To Be Continued.

II. Career

Rocky officially debuted as a member of Astro on February 23, 2016. In August, Rocky appeared on Mnet's Hit the Stage.

On June 24, 2020 Rocky was announced ot be the solo MC of the Chinese program Idol Coming to Work to promote the Hallyu wave to the Chinese market. On September 29, he released his first OST "Shiny Blue" for the web series Dok Go Bin Is Updating.

Rocky has also contributed songwriting and composing to several of Astro's songs including "When the Wind Blows" "No I Don't" and "Our Spring".

Rocky was credited as a composer for "7Days Tension", a promotional single by the girl group Weeekly which was released on May 28, 2021, for the eyewear brand Davich.

On October 14, 2021, Fantagio confirmed that Rocky was cast in the web drama Hyangjeon of Youth, based on the South Korean classic literature 'The Story of Chunhyang'. Rocky will play a modern version of Lee Mongryong. On October 28, 2021, Rocky is announced as part of G-Market's mystery romance thriller web drama called Find Me If You Can.

III. Filmography

[hl=2][/hl]

IIII. Web Series

Year Title Role Network
    2015 To be Continued Rocky MBC Every 1
    2016 My Romantic Some Recipe Guest Naver TV Cast
    2017 Sweet Revenge Rocky Oksusu
    2019 Soul Plate Angel Rumiel Naver TV Cast
    2020 Life Corp 2 Rocky Lifetime YouTube
    2021 Find Me If You Can Choi Jeong-sang YouTube
    2021 Hyangjeon of Youth Lee Mong-ryong Naver, YouTube

IIIII. Variety Show

Year Title Role Network
    2011 Korea's Got Talent Contestant tvN
    2016 Hit the Stage Contestant Mnet
    2018 Dance War Contestant 1theK
    2020 Idol Coming to Work Host Sohu
    2021 King of the Masked Singer Contestant MBC

IV. Trivia

• He created the choreography for the Astro MVs “Fireworks” and “Wake Up Call”.
    • If he wouldn’t be a singer, he would be a dance teacher.
    • He revealed he is a big eater.