Yeah, big 4 priviledge does not exist.

• RIIZE becomes the fastest K-pop group in history to surpass 1 million followers on Instagram.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I never understood, nor never will, stanning a group or even following them, before they drop any music. Just because of the company they are from.

its like rich people brands pretty much

whether they release a product that's great or not doesnt matter

it WILL be praised

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So how quickly did they reach 1 million?

6 days or so, the news of a new group broke Sunday.

• That's actually a lot slower than I was anticipating, so now I'm I'm wondering, who are the other groups who have reached 1 million followers the quickest?

I guess they opened their social media August 1st, so 4 days.

Source who's name allkpop does not like

• Hmmm those are all Fourth Generation groups though, so perhaps Riize is just the fastest among the Fourth Generation?

For example, I find it hard to believe that it took Blackpink over 25 days to gain one million followers, given how much pre-debut anticipation they had.

• They have ex NCT members what do u expect

But like anything nct, it has no longevity so chill

• Hmmm those are all Fourth Generation groups though, so perhaps Riize is just the fastest among the Fourth Generation?

For example, I find it hard to believe that it took Blackpink over 25 days to gain one million followers, given how much pre-debut anticipation they had.

Social media during BP's debut is different compared to now. It also depends how much they posted. RIIZE posted a lot of contents (photos + videos) in just a few days.

• It has more to do with the fact there are 2 NCT ex-members and 3 members have been known for a while. I doubt they would have that many followers if all the members were unknown.

SM stans - "omg SM's the worse mismanage terrible blah blah blah"

SM Stans also - "omg new group to follow, pre-order let's go".

By your amazing logic kpop would be dead (or music industry in general) as no one would be staning, streaming, going to concerts or buying anything

• I guess they opened their social media August 1st, so 4 days.

Source who's name allkpop does not like

I dont think there is anyone out there who would genuinely argue that Big4 privilege doesnt exist.

More interesting though, is that clearly Produce privilege exists based on that list, despite what some people claim.

• SM stans are consistent, but sm haters are more consistent lol Not some people already predicting (or more wishing) a non debuted group won't do well, a lot of hate articles about them in pann.

Riize case is kinda different, I'm a fan of Shotaro (I wasn't interested in Nct till I watched his legendary fancam), so a lot of these followers can be Sungtaro stans.

Anyway, big company privillege exist, but if it wasn't the case, all these idols would join any company and don't try the hardest ones. If I wanted to be an idol, I would do it just in the big4, outside them it's too hard to make profit, there's only a few groups outside big4 that survive.

External Content www.youtube.com

• SM stans are consistent, but sm haters are more consistent lol Not some people already predicting (or more wishing) a non debuted group won't do well, a lot of hate articles about them in pann.

Riize case is kinda different, I'm a fan of Shotaro (I wasn't interested in Nct till I watched his legendary fancam), so a lot of these followers can be Sungtaro stans.

Anyway, big company privillege exist, but if it wasn't the case, all these idols would join any company and don't try the hardest ones. If I wanted to be an idol, I would do it just in the big4, outside them it's too hard to make profit, there's only a few groups outside big4 that survive.

maybe those sm haters are there because of the privilege. they wouldnt be there if sm groups would debute as nugus. they hate and fight the privillege and discrimination in kpop. lol.

its like the climate activists. their intention may be legit, while their methods are questionable.

• maybe those sm haters are there because of the privilege. they wouldnt be there if sm groups would debute as nugus. they hate and fight the privillege and discrimination in kpop. lol.

its like the climate activists. their intention may be legit, while their methods are questionable.

It's pathetic to hate on some stranger who has busted their ass in trying to achieve their dreams.

People need to spend more time bettering themselves instead of being bitter and jealous that other people can be successful.

• Nah, just the hypocrites would be gone.

I don't have any major issues with the label that my group is from. Sometimes mistakes but I don't think my group is mistreated or mismanaged.

Why hypocrites? One thing is not related to the other, the fact that you complain about the way a company manages its groups doesn't mean you have to stop supporting the group you like. More than 80% people here complain about their faves companies at some point, that shouldn't change their loyalty to the groups they stan.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Supreme Sold A Brick And People Absolutely Lost Their Minds
    Yes, an actual brick. Which is now apparently worth $1,000.
    www.buzzfeed.com

I guess they were curious what ridiculous random sh*t they could sell with their brand name on it

• Why hypocrites? One thing is not related to the other, the fact that you complain about the way a company manages its groups doesn't mean you have to stop supporting the group you like. More than 80% people here complain about their faves companies at some point, that shouldn't change their loyalty to the groups they stan.

Good thing my original quote then didn't say "complains" but I said "mistreats, worst company". Good thing you read the words of what I said, right? Oh wait....

Please take note of the specific language I use -

There's a not insignificant bunch of Kpop stans, hypocrites all, who absolutely go on and on and on about how much they *HATE* x label or y label. In this case Stans of SM groups lining up to say how they despise SM, how their artists are "mistreated", how terrible the company it is.

And then turn around and proceed to funnel $$$ at a breakneck speed to said company. Hypocrites.

• ?(?(

Those are literally complaints and doesn't change anything of what i said idk what's your deal lmao but let me rephrase with the exact same words you used so you understand i guess

The fact that someone say omg worse mismanage terrible blah blah blah about a company doesn't mean they have to stop supporting the group they like. More than 80% people here say that about their faves companies at some point, that shouldn't change their loyalty to the groups they stan.

Btw your original comment didn't even say mistreat but mismanage.. 2 different words and 2 different meanings, which in the end doesn't matter because both are complaints lol

• one would think they had weeks of advantage over the average kpop group but it's only 2 days over the next group, which is a survival group.

Judging from that list, this looks like a natural result of social media growth, that's why it's full of 4th generation groups. Not to mention that the group has 2 popular ex-NCT members. Shotaro used to get millions of views for his music show fancams

External Content youtu.be

• following people on instagram doesn't mean you're gonna buy everything they sell and that they are ur favor group in the whole world and that you're gonna obsessively listen to their music it just means they are curious about how this group is gonna be like and i don't see anything wrong with that like they didn't announce 500k preorders people

• Since 3rd gen all these groups are popular as soon as they are announced, even if the group has not started yet, even if we do not know the members and even if we do not know the name of the group. We had the example again with NMIXX who sold tens of thousands of albums without knowing anything about the group, not even the name, we have babymonsters who already have incredible amounts of subscribers on youtube, and here we still have the case with another group on another social network.

But you still have some here who play the blind or give us a shitty narrative that doesn't hold up, I still remember those here who had bought the NMIXX albums when we didn't even know the name of the group "it's for my collection".

Not to say that that Big 4 privilege doesn't exist, but isn't this more like prior huge fanbase privilege?

Now explain to us how all the idols who left the BIG4 no longer manage to approach 10% of the success they had before. You didn't see Sandara park last comeback ? Where are BlackJacks ? She flopped miserably like park bom & CL before her. Same for the ex F(x) member, Luna is a really good vocalist but flopped.

How kpop fans call it again what makes idols popular? Yes i remember "star factor" Seems like all those idols I mentioned before suddenly lost that "star factor" once they walked through the doors of the agency. :clown::clown::clown:

If you really love something, you have to know how to let go.

tumblr_oln7qtTHZo1vkpbuyo2_540.gifv

• Shotaro to alone could prolly get that lol.

Idk this isn’t privilege this is just life. You go to a better university, the easier it is to get a job. Does that mean smaller university student can’t get jobs? Not really. Some do and prolly do even better than the big university one.

Privilege is not the university or the company that’s just the result of privilege.

For example if rich idols get into big companies that’s their privilege. No doubt about it.

But there can be many struggling idols also who get into big companies based on various factors.

Only in kpop will people use the word privilege without even knowing what are peoples backgrounds 😭

• That wasn't what I meant. I guess I wasn't clear but I meant IN CONJUNCTION .. like they got to a million because of the big fandom two of the already debuted members had. They would have done well with just big 4 privilege (which is why I didn't deny it at the beginning of my post), but like IVE, the already existing fandom around some members was a major boon leading to an advantageous start. Same with Le Sserafim

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!