Posts by Disevidence

If you bothered to take a look at the number other top ggs that debuted around the same time did initially compared to Ive you would know. Out of the top ggs they went from making the least impressive numbers to the biggest (certified by ifpi chart) in a steady growth. Also,if you want to insist on izone privilege as if that's the main reason ive are best sellers you do you. It's still a fact that said ex-izone members are much bigger and popular names after debuting in ive.

I never doubted that Ive are not bigger then they were in Izone days.

I disputed the 'rags'. They started on a very, very significant leg up. Rags are stories like Mamamoo, (G)I-DLE, where they sell almost nothing the first album and grow from there to get to the top.

Izone's debut first day sales are higher then some entire groups comeback sales (Purple Kiss, Lightsum). Those are rags.

Trying to contoct some faux underground story just makes you seem desperate.

It seems like you’re having a meltdown because I said spicy overtook queencard.

No. Spicy has overtaken Queencard right now. It's literally above it in the charts. Why would that cause a meltdown?

My issue is with you. I don't care really if you think Spicy was the bigger hit or not, or any real issue. I don't really care if it's a bigger hit or not, it's not really that critical.

It's not some tribalism - it's just you outright. Other contributors contribute trying to be as objective as they can, provide real numbers, insights into different things, and all you do is blather on with staid twitter-like opinions, nothing but hot air with no analysis, no insight, absolutely no literacy to anything. You just spam your takes about how your faves are better whilst other people carry the actual data on this thread.

You're just a buffoon who constantly just blathers on crap. Either start providing numbers or go peddle your slop elsewhere.

Simple Truth is, QC and Kitsch are very close in numbers, and their a step above Spicy for an entire year.

Spicy has now overtaken them mainly due to the Halo effect of Aespa having a strong song -

Queencard in Blue, Spicy in Red, Kitch in Yellow.

Ux7HhtX.png

The imputation that somehow Spicy matches those 2 for 'hit status' because at day 365 it had a bit of a jump up the ULS is just borderline ridiculous. It's not even about Spicy anyway. It coincides with the big Aespa push and release for Supernova.

The numbers don't lie, and the graph clearly shows.

If Klaxon pops off next week then I expect QC will get a bit of a bump too - it won't be about Queencard at all, it'll be about Idle.

This thread blows because whilst some people like MassiveKpopfan generally are strong, so many people who have no idea what they're talking about, particularly users like Killthisfenty who has lived in this thread for 2 years but still shows no signs of learning even the slightest bit about numbers and just generally providing stupid, one eyed takes detached from reality.

However, now that NewJeans is slightly above aespa in terms of overall sales, aespa's average changes from 3.5 to 3.75 and NJ's average changes from 1.5 to 1.25. effectively, tying aespa with LSFM and NJ gets even further ahead of GIDLE.

Watch out - they'll come at you sideways for dare suggesting Idle is above Aespa or LSF.

I also thing Spotify should not longer be used as a metric, but that's my personal take. It's too fudged with playlisting and spotify discovery these days.

I actually don't hate Youtube Music global as a ranking (the ad-free charts).

Spotify Global is a level playing field. A company can playlist however much they want and we can see the playlist reach. Autoplay is also an option if the company wants to.

It's not because it's paid for. Therefore groups with marketing budgets and that can take the hit on digital income because of x/y/z will always be ones to use it more.

It's the opposite of a level playing field, let alone the agreements that spotify takes with major labels to ensure calmer waters - we'll scratch your back so you use our platform. It's a quid pro quo arrangement.

That's a bold statement that I wouldn't mind seeing you expand and explain further. Do you believe Spotify has lost value as a relevant metric and tool for measuring international popularity, just like YouTube eventually did by the tail end of the third generation?

Yes.

The nature of how autoplay and playlist works, and their oversize contribution to 'streams's is almost detached from the group's popularity.

What I mean by that is - a song may get alot of listens and streams on spotify. I've no doubt some people will add the song into the playlist - but the group isn't popular. Those people aren't adding the rest of the album to their list, they aren't looking up the artist, they aren't becoming fans. The song stays in their 'easy songs to listen to whilst i study' playlist and that's it, because it's already served up as background playlist songs.

It's more or less the 50/50 situation writ large - the song's popular or has many listeners, most of those people probably don't even know the groups name. We're in a world where people are being served these through algorithms or pop playlists and are detached from the group, the industry, and any sort of insight other then 'they have streamed the song because it was pushed into them'.

There's no credible insights to artists actual popularity or how many people are checking other songs by them at all.

Le Sserafim comeback so anticipate, we know it's going to break shits globally.

I've got absolutely no doubt it'll do spotify numbers, because it'll be playlisted to fuck and even if you glimpse the spotify logo out of the corner of your eye it'll autoplay the LSF song.

And then everyone will give them pats of the back of how LSF are very popular when it's really just turbo-boosted numbers from products spotify sells and Hybe's marketing team not being complete dunces.

LSF have yet to show any relevant popularity outside of boosted spotify streams in any country. I'm not going to pretend groups like IVE or (G)I-DLE are the strongest in western markets or on spotify, but I can easily point to countries where they are almost certainly the top dog (or equivalent of).

Aespa are doing very well on Spotify but they've also been autoplaying (spotify discovery) out of it, the same way Magnetic was. But I'll at least give Aespa props because even despite all that, they've also had a massive step up in reception with Supernova, and their biggest song in Korea with it.

The truth is almost no kpop group is going to be doing spotify numbers now that isn't just really the playlist and discovery functions. Which makes people relying on spotify numbers for 'global popularity' pointless.

That is an unreasonable expectation even from you. Have you take a look at Supernova uls? It span almost a month average above 400k and most of them are in the mid 400k, and that is daily uls not peak. And you expect Idle to top that? Are you being serious right now?

Fate with a long long climb peaked at 380k (a long climb means a lower peak, generally speaking).

I'm not saying Idle will get there, and i'd temper expectations, but it's not outside the realm of possibilty.

The last song to go over 500k uls was Queencard by Idle. They can pull some numbers if the song lands.

가이섬 > 차트 > Melon > TOP100 이용자 수 추이 > 내가 S면 넌 나의 N이 되어줘 - TWS (투어스) (xn--o39an51b2re.com)

TWS is rising quickly. 18k ULs in one day, that's fairly big.

I don't know what type of Black Magic TWS have but they're shooting up in ULs.

Also, their melon charting that Sooyoung was talking about is purely the hourly charting bouncing it around.

To give an example, Fate by (G)I-DLE, at a similar level, only had their biggest day rise of 16k uls.

Unless something drastic happens, it's on course for top 10.

Looks like the only groups can comfortably chart every releases on Spotify is aespa and Le Sserafim. What are the chances that everyone started under-floppin because K-pop stans stopped streaming after HybexAdor scandal on Spotify. What happened to Babymonster after Sheesh? What happened to KOL after millions of hit tweets about Sticky on X? Gidle comeback is soon, let's see if they follow the pattern.

Spotify is discovery and playlisted to hell, and that's paid for by the biggest labels, and the threshold has also gone up.

And Aespa struggled only 2-3 comebacks ago (Spicy was one day?) so it's not like they've not had problems before.

I think someone pointed out that IVE struggled to get to Spotify but sold out their Arena Tour, Idle are doing an Arena tour and their Asian venues on sale are absolute over burdened with demand. Something like over 30k for their Hong Kong Stop.

Spotify just is these days just a yardstick to the modern payola of playlisting and discovery. It doesn't provide useful data anymore.

For 1 month the only video of 'Fate' on youtube was QWER's cover of it. I personally think the cover helped propel the song up in Korea.

I get the concerns but I dunno, covers generally bring in other demographics which also listen to the original. It can be a good marketing strategy.

Without looking, there are a few ways it occurs.

Someone's already pointed out the morning rush. Alot of songs peak at 9am on weekday chart wise (and 4pm on a Saturday UL wise). If all your listeners pile in at that time, the hourly ul's elevate it massively, which causes it to race up the chart. There's a reason why many 'chart updates' always happen at 9am for newish kpop songs.

But the other factor is the chart freeze still counts the total uls.

So, if your song has a sudden 'spike' or listeners late into the evening and overnight into dead hours (I'll skip the convo of the likelihood of that), then all the ULs get piled into the hourly chart once it resumes. But it should move up the 24 hits chart (the zombie hour chart) if it has that behavior.

The fact that you said it drops 22 spots at 10pm also suggest it - it had a sudden overnight spike of ULs (starting at 10pm the previous night, and loading into the zombie hours), and when it came to the 24 hour mark (10pm the next night) they started dropping off. I will say it's a rather unusual listening pattern without drawing anymore conclusions.

I haven't looked at TWS specifically, but is it one of those 2 scenarios?

Easy stayed in the top 10 for over a month after the press conference, even when their hate was at its worst. I don't think that's it

??????. Can someone explain this nonsense to me.

MHJ Press conference was 24th of April, 2024. Melon Daily Ranking -

DateSmartEasy
    25th April
    30th
    5th May
    10th May
    15th May
    20th May
    25th May (1 Month after)

Smart and Easy were 41 and 51 on Youtube Weekly 1 month after the press conference. And they were well out of top 10 when the press conference occurred.

Is this what people do now? Just completely make up stuff and hope no-one checks.

You could argue they were dropping prior to the press conference, but 'top 10 a month after the press conference'?