Posts by Disevidence

Magnetic seems to have lost a bit of its momentum today. Might need another push to challenge for the top spots on Melon.

Magnetic has very strong hourly's right before freeze.

I expect them to snipe a #1 possibly at a 12am kst window for Melon.

Their ratios are also way way higher then the other top 5 songs in Melon, and far higher even when those other songs were rising. It's been a remarkably different way of rising compared to Bibi and (G)I-DLE.

Fate New Peak.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

'Fate Dropping' they say.

Always amuses me to this day the people who hang about this thread have absolutely no understanding of Korean charts.

Latest Snapshot -

Fate -

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

369.3k ULs Daily

Last Week, same time (Sat 1:00pm KST) - 361.9k ULS

Magnetic may well overtake, but saying fate is 'falling' is not correct. It's possibly plateauing however.

PN was in the 2023 tracking period for MMA. (ended Nov 1 2023). To answer the follow up question each year's tracking has been exclusive - for example 2023 started on Nov 4 2022, and 2022 ended on Nov 3 2022.

It won't be relevant to 2024 awards.

I also wonder what will happen to groups that are set to disband/end contracts soon, specifically Ateez and (G)I-DLE. Both groups have creative input into their music; Soyeon being a producer and songwriter and Hongjoong also producing and writing songs. However, neither groups have as much control over their music as SKZ so I don't know how independent from their labels they could be. Will these groups renew or leave their labels? Thoughts?

Ateez aren't self produced enough to stand on their own.

They rely on Edenary (Leez, Ollounder etc) for their songs. Hongjoong is nowhere near the level of Soyeon or 3Racha in terms of control over the discography or sound - so I don't think Ateez are comparable to SKZ/Idle in this situation.

they DIDNT rise from bottom. They literally grab a music show win 20days into their debut

Because Latata rose very similar to Fate.

It entered outside Melon Chart, they sold 420 albums on their debut. What happened though was Latata (and their initial music show stages) had a great initial response and the song rose up, they got their win and the rest is history.

But Latata, and the fact they debuted with that song and all around it was a sliding doors moment. There exists in another parallel universe where Cube locked in with Maze (or some other 3rd party song), Soyeon's not the creative director/exec producer of idle, and is relegated to doing b-sides.

Pentagon, for their first year, didn't have their TT's written by the group, despite who they had in their group (Hui, Kino, Dawn etc).

People who aren't familiar or weren't really across them then don't understand that aspect. Either Side of Idle is CLC and Lightsum - managed by Cube outright? Look how they've gone?

So yeah, they had 420 sales on their first day, something like 1000 album sales the first week. Every other group that's their 'competitor' debuted with sales that, even adjusted for album inflation, was 10-20 times more albums and with far greater hype on debut. The song was outside the top 100 on melon, but the song had a great response and rose up - that's what people are referring to when they mean that.

Idle's particular demographics aren't from the USA or Japan.

The constant fixation on those 2 markets is very strange.

I'm not sure on the actual truth of the numbers myself, I'm pretty sure they are stock and Hanteo may be more around 1m first week (I'm a nevie and I didnt' expect 1.8 million) but these constant arguments using the logic of how many tickets they sell in Texas and Georgia in America to gauge the album sales a group mega popular in China, Taiwan, Korea, SEA and now Russia (surprisingly) is just weird and breathtakingly stupid.

Saying to a group who packed concerts and still had massive over-demand in Macau and Hongkong and Taiwan that their tour sales are weak because they don't pack fucking Atlanta is the stupidest take I've seen on this forum, and that's really saying something.

It makes no sense. Yes Japan and America are strong music markets (I also disagree on the characterization of America as a strong album buying market in it's essence - it's just a big market by volume). But they don't encompass the entire world.

These aren't exactly huge venues. If you can sell 1.8M albums, you should be able to sell out all venues...they have a thai member and didn't even sell out Bangkok.

A group that is super popular in South East Asia, China, Taiwan, Korea has suspect sales because they can't sell out Atlanta in the USA.

I mean.... do you even begin to understand where the logic is funky with that?

Popularity or fanbase is not just evenly spread throughout the globe.

As someone getting themselves all in a tizzy over obscure Korean slang (which is, you know, literally just a combination of the English words "queen" and "card"), I also don't believe for a second that you're a native English speaker. But hey, at least your English is better than Soyeon's, not that that's much of an accomplishment.

Two options -

A) Correcting an obvious mistake from people who, in their haste to have a sook about English (the most high and sacred of languages, the blessed ultimate language we dare not besmirch), get basic stuff wrong

B) I'm engaging in a long term conspiracy to pretend to be a native speaker of English for... well i'm sure there will be riches and rewards at the end of that rainbow.

Gotta give you props going with B. Bold choice my man, bold choice. You're just the kind of spark plug every discussion needs. Keeping it fact-free and fanciful. Spices up the atmosphere.

I'm guessing English isn't your native tongue. Would you want people constantly butchering your language, whatever it is? Probably not.

Constantly butchering a language is how we got the English of today. (Note -I'm native, but it makes no difference to the point).

But since I am native, and as a representative of the English Language (as deigned by Popper-of-Ks as native being all important), I hereby give permission for all kpop groups to mangle english as much as humanly possible.

Fly free my pretties and wreck that bastardized language.

Not only is Queencard the actual English title of the song, but they're literally saying queencard within the song itself, so I don't even understand what's left to discuss.

Queencard is the parenthesized English title for the song. It's actual title, yes on the MV (you can check if you don't believe me) is actually 퀸카 and 퀸카 is what their singing in the song.

But I like the angry energy you've come in with. Keep up that generational hatred towards Soyeon and Idle, every forum needs a jester to laugh at. It'll be good to have such an easy target to dunk on.

(Also someone defending English as being sacred for native speakers is the type of ridiculous clowning that makes for nice hit tweet on twitter).

lol i am a Korean speaker just not a native Korean speaker, my Korean is at a pre K level, what about it? X( And no, my passive aggressive fit has lasted 9 months and continues to this very day, i am doing penance by referring to the song as kwinka since you insist that this its real name, not Queencard which is used as the literal title of the song and in the official captioned lyrics of the official music video

So your initial response back then was basically all bullshit because you were embarrassed?

Well, the lyrics that Miyeon sang were in Korean so she should know very clearly what's going on, even moreso than us locals that need to rely on lyric videos or Google Translate...i google translated the hangul parts that i didnt know and came out with the exact same translation as in the lyric MV.

Maybe there's another meaning to the phrase: 삼켜버릴거야

Maybe it can only be used strictly for food and that to interpret it as a metaphor for a particular sex act is completely wrong.

We need a native Korean speaker to give us expert input into this critical research project

Aren't you a Korean speaker?

When you completely missed that 'Queencard''s actual lyric line was 퀸카 you had a whole song and dance routine that you're a Korean speaker how dare we lecture you blah blah blah, and then proceeded to have a month long passive aggressive fit every time the song was mentioned.

So are you Korean speaking or not?

If these translations are correct, you are right it's not "wipe the shit ass". But it's actually JUST AS BAD in a different way because once again Soyeon continues to disrespect and make a mockery of the English language by telling her members to completely IGNORE a critical word in the phrase.

Oh no.

Not the sacred English language. That sacred, immutable thing that deserves reverence and respect.

How could they! Get the torches and pitchforks!

she manages to stuff in "WIPE THE SHIT ASS" into the chorus.

No she didn't.

Also, some people commenting multiple times to tell people what a flop it is. Doth protest too much? Some people commenting 2-3-4 times in this thread complaining.

If I think a song is a flop I don't look back. People are apparently very angry about this song, and have to let us know.

I honestly didn't like Queencard all that much (comparative to Idle's discography) but I love this - it's hilarious. Smiliing like a maniac the entire time watching it.

Best way to use a pre-release by far.

The strategy is pretty simple.

They are doing the Everglow strategy (just harder) - fake it till you make it.

You can even see with this thread, people go 'wow Batter up MV has 200m view - popular group' and it gets them interest, it gets them the profile of a popular group, and that gets them in the 'in' conversation.

Everglow ran pretty well for years on this strategy, with no charting, no album sales, but just massively inflated youtube Ads portraying them as a popular group and a 'top group'. Go back to 2019-2020 discussions about top 4th gen groups, people listing the biggest new groups in Kpop, and Everglow are there despite absolutely nothing to show for it.

It's apparently working very well, because this is not the first time i've seen people point that Baemon are matching IVE/LSF/Idle/Aespa because they have 200 million views on their MV.

Perception is everything. They'll 100% repeat this strategy with the next release too, they'll print ads like crazy, it'll be talked about as if Baemon are extremely popular because of high views, and it's a self-perpetuating promotion tactic.

For how much K-PL always bangs on about fraudulent sales and phantom streaming he alleges, you think he'd be against this.