Posts by Disevidence

I literally said this is gonna happen. Korean is one of the most cheating countries when it comes to international trades. They export a lot but their market is very import unfriendly with some of the worst cases of protectionism.

'Cheating'.

The major issue of domestic/international is being a platform for local interest.

If you had say, Spotify and Apple Music in 2000 (as a hypothetical) ruling the roost in Korea, it's unlikely Kpop even develops into the space it is.

Domestic platforms allows for countries to grow their own market and products. International ones tend to dilute that.

I remember years ago in Australia, there was a dilution of domestic 'requirements' for TV and no regulation on the cable TV allowed. It was a decimation of the Australian film and television industry that'll likely never recover. And there's all sorts of implications on that cohesiveness and culturally.

Koreans are the only country with their language. It's in their own interest to at least be somewhat protective of cultural platforms. And it's hardly cheating. The US does this sort of shit all the time in a massive amount of industries - in fact every western country does. Korean is just looking after one of their major tools of soft power - any leader with 2 brains would do the same.

It's not like the international streaming platforms are paragons of virtue either.

thats not official right

From the producers of the song themselves (at least we're led to believe they are the producers, but they definitely used the term, yes).

Their eligibility for 2 people who look like them even co-opting terms from the african american queer community I'll leave for more learned commenters. But on the surface it appears a bit suspect.

IVE were very fortunate to keep the streak going with Baddie tbh, one of the lowest listening/streaming PAK's across all channels. 260k or something? Laughable any other time.

Most of that is, luckily, to two factors that are fixable - poor song choice, and muddled promo roll out (2 pre-releases only works if the songs are absolute pearlers. Even NJ couldn't keep that up - look at ETA results).

So they've gone all in one a big title upon release and a follow-up, giving them 2 bites of the cherry. Basically the LSF strategy - and I think it's the smarter strategy. LSF have managed to get pretty middling songs to good results with that strategy. It makes sure you funnel first day listeners to your main song for the visibility- which in turn feeds more visibility and listeners. Pre-release can kill an entire comeback cycle if anything else is not locked on.

And the 2nd song is the added insurance. Let's all the 2-bit homers cope if the first song doesn't hit that their's a 2nd song coming. Win Win. Wonder if they'll go for an extended music show promo, switch mid stream depending on which one has the better results. Be interesting to watch it unfold.

So yeah, I think their strategy is far better this time around. The only drawback is them describing it as 'cvntquake' which is all sorts of cringe and side-eyeing, but their promo strategy is at least far more solid this time, and they'll debut higher. So I'd say a good chance to get a number 1.

Of course, they have Soyeon, who not only is a great talent but was never afraid to use this talent and probably only chose Cube because they let her.

Cube was the only agency that accepted her.

Soyeon was rejected from over 30 auditions for being a trainee. For her looks. Despite her generational talent.

Says it all about most of the kpop labels in Korea, really. Cube may have many many problems but they're routinely one of the two (the other being RBW) who put up talent every time instead of just visuals.

BtoB were famously an 'ugly' group too.

Lightsum had an opportunity (they had a little bit of noise and some good debut album sales) but cube fumbled the ball with an absolute cluster fuck of the worst type of songs - boring mid tier songs. Not even bad like O.O where people talk about it, just plain boring.

Vanilla and Vivace.

They also rushed to market with way more people then required. They had a great core with the 3 from produce 48, Juhyeon who was known from the Unit, and Sangah was a great addition obviously. 5 members is a strong group.

Adding the other 3 was a waste. People have argued for Hina but since LS haven't even done any debut in JP then what's the point.

In essence, they fell into the EXACT same trap that groups like Pristin, Weki Meki, Gugudan ran into a few years prior - dilute your group with too many non-factors, and debuting with a mid-tier 'safe' song.

I mean it was evident on pre-debut, with the kind of mixed promo themes, the reveal of 8 instead of the expected 5-6. I saw people saying this sort of stuff before they even dropped Vanilla, and just louder once they released such a middling song. It's not like any of this was only visible in hindsight, it was all very visible to people as it was unfolding.

After that, it was done. Like game over. It's almost impossible to pull yourself out of being written off as a group like that after debut, and Cube certainly don't plan to spend the money on promotional activities, better thematic promo, or songs, to pull themselves outta that category.

Cube have more or less done it again with Nowadays quite frankly. What type of song is Oowee? Cube's only win in the last several years has been Miyeon's Drive. That was their only decent choice of a song.

The last Pentagon lead single sucked. LS songs have been far too mediocre. OoWee is just plain mid. I could go on but you get the point.

Lightsum have literally one of the strongest dance lineups for 4th gen. Shame it'll always go completely under-the-radar.

Because what is being referred to is a platform from before Aespa.even debuted.

How could Aespa's music on streaming sites.be lost if Aespa wasn't even formed to lose music

I think you are crossing the convos.

Badguy was pointing out Drama is there, because he misinterpreted IsaidIsaid, who when they said they weren't available (the unwritten part is 'till now', with Drama being their first Digital), Badguy interpreted that as 'not available at all' or just being his rather obnoxious self in response.

The Exo stuff is different.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

According to this account, they got a RAK?

Zombie Hours first RAK is a new one... i guess it counts? I've no idea.

I think Melon is like Spotify when it comes to Korea if you know what I mean ;judgingpepe:

I'll be honest, with how... peculiar the ratios Magnetic had, it's had not to sometimes think along those lines. (Though I doubt anything actually nefarious).

I think there was a 12am hourly where they had 20k listeners, think it was their number 1.

Early April in 2022, when Tomboy was nearing it's peak, it had over 500k daily uls at Midnight on a Friday, and had an hourly listeners of 25k.

When Kitsch was about to crest over 400k a year ago it's hourly UL's on a Friday midnight was - 20k.

Magnetic had 20k hourlys on on 286k daily last Friday (I think their first hour at 1). The only time this year that's been bettered was 2 days after an IU release on a Friday night with Love Wins All, and it's daily ULs were 70k higher.

Whoever is streaming that song, they were fucking LOCKED on. Never seen such ratios before outside of LYW.

Magnetic will regain genie and Flo tonight. As of now they peak on genie at around 10 - 11PM KST. It’s whether they gain enough momentum the next couple of days to maintain #1 during the day. pepe-ooh

It's possible, but the early morning hours (on genie) were a bit of an eye opener.

Fate only dropped a few positions (3) against the ahjummas streaming their zombie hours trot, whilst Magnetic dropped 12.

7am Chart had Fate at 4 and Magnetic at 15.

That doesn't suggest quite the power to easily overtake. as much as it did a few days ago. Of course as I said I think it's possible they can bounce back, but those sorts of patterns on Genie suggests they aren't right on Fate's heels as much.

Fate reclaimed #1 on Genie and Flo today, looks like Magnetic peaked already and lost the steam, thoughts Disevidence ? :pepe-notes:

It's been odd week in general.

I believe there is stuff going on in Korea that's impacting it (politics), but the Melon UL's this week appear a bit lower.

The hourly's are also very low.

For example - this time last week Magnetic had 250k daily and 35k Hourly.

The latest snapshot has them 337k daily and 31k hourly. Despite being almost 90k more daily up, their 4k hourly down. Fate is a wopping 12k down hourly. Plot Twist is down 9k.

So yeah, maybe bad timing for Magnetic. With a depressed week of listeners, getting to 380k where Fate and BYG are is.. going to be hard.

It really depends if the listeners bounce back over the next few days or so, but I'd expect another day of drops in most of the top 10.

Also Magnetic's listeners seemed to be very highly concentrated on Melon (vs other Platforms). Their ratios have dropped rapidly over the last few days (partially attributable to external factors) and that co-incided with Fate retaking/solidifying Genie.

It's really hard to predict. I still think it's possible to Magnetic to get the RAK at least, but their massive hourly momentum they had last week has all but evaporated.

yes but the low price allows for bulk buying and the bigger problem is that there is nothing preventing that.

Read the thread.

Since 2021, all digital sales are limited to one per customer. This isn't some honour system, it's literally the law and hardblocked by the platforms.

There's no bulk buying in most of those results up there. One per person hard limit.

Lol at the BTS fans losing the plot in the comments.

Trying to work out if this is Fluffers source -

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A female band if i am not wrong? Looks like they have quite the interest

External Content x.com

Yeah. Managed/Produced by Prismfilter (Bumzu/Poptime's producing collective - not them directly though)

They had a hand in Fate rising with their cover that got quite a decent amount of views from the domestic Korean Audience.

Youtube Weekly this week.

Fate #1

Magnetic #2

Fate just reached a new Peak too, as have many songs due to it being Saturday 5pm (one of the natural peaks of the week) it's so far been very stable.

If Magnetic wants the daily #1, it's gonna have to take it by rising. If it can end up at Monday 9am KST with say, an extra 20K from where it is right now (Saturday 5pm), it's got the juice, but if doesn't Peak Monday 9am then it may not be able to get to the high 300's or over 400k.

Magnetic will probably pass Fate eventually, as it is a newer song and still rising but is it performing worse or better in a week by week comparison, does anyone know? Is it going to peak higher or lower at this rate?

It may be the first over 400k.

It's rise is similar to BYG but has way higher hourlys, which in isolation don't do much, but the repeat streamers give it the consistent volume day in and day out to peak at listeners higher as people discover the song.

It's hard to compare to Fate and Plot Twist since they rose far differently, quite gradual rises to the top, but generally the faster the climb, with the ratio's it has, means the higher the peak (for instance, Fate rose over 2 months, so it's attrition rate towards it's peak would be far greater then Magnetic.

What I do need to look at some point though is it's overall unique UL growth in comparison to BYG. That'll be interesting to compare.

No offense pal, but EXID is one of my favorite group and 90% of my favorite artists are from small agencies. Stop talking nonsense if you don't know anything about me.

Your list shows you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?

CL is a great performer, but for technical skillset, she is not that great at rapping. Jessi is marginally better then still behind 10-15 of kpop's greatest female rappers.

But the real crime is Hyoyeon from SNSD as number 1. She's mid-tier at best. She doesn't have great rhymes, her flow variety is non-existent, she often has live syncopation issues... like even if you disagree with Soyeon, Hyoyeon at number 1 and CL at 3 means you are conflating other characteristics with actual rapping (in a most generous way I can give you those rankings).

Basically, you serve up that list - just means you've got zero idea. To put it bluntly.

You mean, Soyeon is the best rapper of ALL-TIME or in 4th gen? If we're talking about an all-time list, she's not even in the TOP5, I think. Maybe I could squeeze her in.

Yes, Soyeon is the best female kpop rapper of all time.

Also your list sucks. No Miryo? CL and Jessi ahead of Le?

Absolute nonsense. It's so easy to tell this forum only ever listens to big 3/4 groups and doesn't have a clue otherwise.