Posts by Disevidence

People need to know that site isn’t reliable. As you have said they have 109.5 million ad views + but in youtube weekly chart they already have 136.5 Million views on January 11. Shouldn’t this make their yt views with more than 242 M views as of now? There’s a huge discrepancy.

That's their combined audio + mv + other sources views.

They had 110m Ads, the other post is correct.

You can simply calculate their global chart MV views against the views for that period -

Batter UP's MV Numbers (from Ad Free Global Chart)

-

November 24-30 - 24,522,964

December 1 - 7 - 12,083,296

December 8 -14 - 7,210,922

December 15-21 - 5,974,483

December 22-28 - 5,552,781

December 29 - Jan 4 - 5,246,602

January 5 - 11 - 5,165,505

Views at end of 11th tracking period was 178m (on the video itself), according to twitter.

65,756,553 Chart Views (ie non Ad Views).

178,000,000 Total Views

112,243,447 Ad Buys for the Music Video.

It was said in the video. Yemen is bombing pro Israel ships as long the war is going on.

The houthis have been attacking shipping in the gulf before the Gaza war.

The video, if it doesn't explain that, is drawing erroneous conclusions or lacking context. The houthis would be disrupting shipping either way - Israel gives them a more convenient excuse.

It's really got very little to do with Israel.

I don't think that IVE, NewJeans, (G)-IDLE, Le Sserafim etc will be affected by this

I can tell you (G)I-DLE's will drop, as a Neverland.

There's 1 Chinese Bar Boycotting (deliberately not buying) and 3 bars couldn't get discount links - though I think Miyeon Bar and Soyeon Bar are doing an order together in that case. Minnie Bar just not participating.

Only the group bar (Idle's main bar, even bigger then their solo bars) and Shuhua Bar are participating.

So yeah, Idle will be affected too, doubt they'll get as much as I feel. I'm not sure it'll be 50% though.

Re - China

It's not a clamp down per se.

It's economic circumstances, and many (smaller) bars can't get discount links, so they sit out or buy much lower quantities. (G)I-DLE are coming back and 3 of their bars couldn't get discount links so aren't participating in the pre-order through their bar.

Only 2 bars I know have have boycotted - Karina Bar and Yuqi Bar. For Itzy, a confluence of events, including their general popular decline., but economic circumstances would have contributed. That said, I wasn't aware Itzy was overly huge in China, my impression they don't have much of their proportion of sales from the Chinese Market

Europe and U.S. sales were NOT released yet. Also JYPE is slowly sending out the shipments. It will rise higher next month.

I've seen this said often, but I think there's a huge misunderstanding.

Yes, the US release is delayed - this is the domestic US distribution. Example rocking up to Walmart or Target in the US and buying an Itzy album off the shelf.

People oversease ordering Itzy albums from Korean sellers (ie Ktown4u, Makestar etc) are perfectly fine. Furthermore, the sales listed in the thread are Hanteo sales, which rarely count for domestic distribution US/EU sales anyway (and certainly not anywhere near the gap of 500k)

The long term discrepancy between Hanteo and Circle for Itzy (and many JYP groups) is their Hanteo sales are the Korean (or Korean distrubtion based) retail sales, whereas the Circle is their stock shipment, including stock shipments to other Countries for erstwhile domestic distribution in that country. So their Sneakers album sold 600k Hanteo but 1 million Circle - because the 1 million circle includes the US/EU shipments for domestic sales (which would be counted retail as Billboard for US and the respective countries for EU).

So people going on about how US for Itzy is delayed is true - but that has no affect on Hanteo sales. Those US sales will be Billboard focused.

Where to start with this post.

Anecdotal experience and generalizes that it'll work - check.

Fluent English speaker expecting their experience is the same as people from non English backgrounds - check.

Assumption that English in song is for the benefit of an overseas audience only- check.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have the trifecta of stupid.

If I may ask another question: why is Yuqi bar boycotting?

They're pretty solo stan - they want Yuqi pushed more, more variety shows.

They were unhappy with how she only had a 3 min video for her Birthday but Shuhua had a 13 min video. Less time in i-talks (the behind the scenes videos of Idle as they perform, tour, shoot etc). They want her in more variety, in more shows, more covers - very generic solo stan stuff.

They've also undergone some turmoil, but basically they threatened to do this last comeback, and are doing it this comeback.

A large part of Yuqi bar kind of resent idle - they want her to leave idle to do a solo career in China. So whilst some may like Idle or buy idle albums, many more only buy idle albums to support 'yuqi'.

Kind of mostly delulu stuff, really petty.

In the days of pre-orders when fans will pre-order online weeks in advance, if total sales for days 2 to 7 is greater than sales for day 1, then it scam.

That's not strictly true.

Whilst generally yes, Day 1 sales should be the highest if everything goes to plan, the Hanteo reporting relies on the actual processing of those retail sales into shipment.

If Day 1 is a odd day (like a Saturday), or if there are impacts (such as next day holiday), or the album has a strange online/offline release schedule, then it's really dependent on when the shops process those online pre-orders through their system.

You see album releases with digital release x day 6:00pm KST and then offline release : next day, which suggests they want sales and shipping to occur on the next day, but some shops process day of digital release still.

Not that I think i'll convince you, but i want to explain how it ACTUALLY works in case anyone believes your nonsense.

Day 1 sales certainly aren't final, and the suggestion that anything after Day 1 is fraudulent given how they process and ship is just beyond ridiculous.

First week is a far better metric for understanding how many pre-orders or orders based on hype/promo/group are.

They have bars for AESPA too? I knew they had Lisa-bar and Taehyung-bar, but didn't know it was that strong a thing with AESPA as well.

Is it mostly solo stans or also a lot of people who buy from all bars?

Lots and lots of popular groups have bars for most of their members, if not all.

Almost every well known kpop group probably has a 'bar' for each of their members.

Bars tend to be solo fans, however their are some groups that have group bars, it's just rarer (or the fact they have purchasing power is rare)

To the topic -

(G)I-DLE are expected to have lower Chinese sales this time around. Yuqi bar is boycotting, and Minnie Bar couldn't get discount links, so those 2 won't be buying stuff, but some of them generally purchased through (G)I-DLE's group bar Peter Pan, who are unusually strong for a group bar.

Last time Bars purchased around 500k album sales in total for I feel. I expect that number to possibly be far less, maybe 250k this time around.

So whilst obviously the imputation that Chinese sales are 'fraudulent' is just moronic, there's a kernel of truth in that Chinese sales are dropping in general.

glish music in kpop is nowhere near as niche as japanese music. this is next level copium. If you want to see it, look at how LSRF last song is performing

LSRF was released by their own company in conjunction with a popular video game.

Heat was produced by not idle and released through a different company (88 rising).

I mean how dense are some of you people. I can taste the ignorance.

You skipped I do, their first release and promoted radio single. An in this case I meant IVE's JP singles, but fair point about Aespa's english stuff.

I'd again point out that's core promotion stuff - Idle's release was off-label and not idle produced.

I know people think it's copium, asthey judged the Heat release through purely korean release metrics - yeah it 'flopped'. But it was never designed like that - for Idle, it's akin to a foreign language release (JP, CN stuff etc) and it was focused on a target market.

People just like to use the album as a mark against Idle. It's fine though, they're coming back in Jan so we'll see for sure.

G Idle English EP bombed drastically. The streams of the song are mediocre. Lukewarm reception all around

Has similar streams (or better) then IVE and Aespa's JP songs on Spotify.

I'm not sure you or others realise the utterly low % of English Speakers in Idle's demographic or core appeal fanbase. Heat was written by Americans ostensibly for an American Sound. There's a reason myself and Sugarberry as Neverland's didn't like it - it was far different then Idle's releases.

They're popular in Eastern Europe, China, Taiwan, SEA and Korea. Not exactly falling over themselves for an English EP (or in some cases, even use spotify).

I do was on Radioplay charts in the US far longer then any non NJ song. It did its job pretty well. Trying to get some non-fans in the US etc. They had a good reception and some good promo in their recent revisit to the US for Jingleball.

I wasn't a fan of the EP as I said above, but I think the promo cycle did what it set out to do.

Again, we're not falling over ourselves to label or rank the JP releases of groups very much, because everyone realizes what they are for. They're building up the fanbase and appealing to a certain demo. Heat was similar.

Well, flop bc I don't like it. Fight me. And fight other Neverlands who don't like it :pepe-slash:

Calling Heat flop was sarcasm. Didn't think I would need an /s to show lol. It just wasn't the most well received EP by Neverlands

I know, I am one of them.

But whilst I think 88 Rising's song scouting and production team were awful, I can't fault how effective they are at promos. I do was in radio for weeks and the Jingle Ball stuff was well done.

But yeah, I just get annoyed when people treat "Heat" as if it's a core release. Hell it's even less of a release then the JP albums.

Gidle became a nugu group just because their Heat EP flopped

Heat EP did perfectly fine. Charted higher in America and some European countries, got heaps of radio play in the US - did exactly what's designed to do, do some good US/Western English promotion. I'd say a pretty decent all round promotion - good reception at the Jingle Balls.

We don't take JP album sales into account or call them 'flops' when they don't sell the same as Korean comebacks, not sure why Heat EP is called a flop success wise.