Posts by Ves

You know I think Hybe fumbled and badly at that, but I'm also very big on people owning their own words. I can't in good conscience make them responsible for her words. I understand time and place and you know I don't agree with Hybe's underhanded actions. But I also don't agree with MJH's reaction and I'm not going to to try to pin that on Hybe. Everyone should own their own toxic behavior.

This reminds me of a lot of frequent fanwars. Someone storms onto AKP with some drama from twitter that some toxic member of a fandom posted. And then they blame the entire fandom for not stopping it and also act like that fandom getting a lashing from them is all their fault cause they started it.

"Well, they started it!" is hopefully something we left on the playground. But I guess not. I mean look at the way these CEOs are acting.

You're accusing me of false equivalence? LMAO

I don't disagree that this was badly handled with a lot of unnecessary dirt flung in all directions - but that's all of them. Just because hers was in response to theirs doesn't mean she isn't responsible for that particular swing.

Where am I excusing Hybe? But making them responsible for her words and actions?

So you're saying Hybe should have realized that she would go and drag two innocent groups through the mud because she was already mad at Hybe for letting one debut before NJ and letting the other "copy" off her and thus Hybe are responsible because they pissed her off.

Ok then. Do you also blame companies who fire workers that then go postal and shoot up the building for revenge?

i'm still baffled how she sits here and admits "i'm a business major i don't know contract terms" if you don't know why did you not have someone there to explain it to you? how could you not know/understand what you were signing. I don't buy into it. I don't believe she was coerced into anything I believe she did it because she wanted new jeans she wanted her way, she wanted all this shit. Only now is she saying i don't understand it.

If it was that confusing she should have had help and/or hybe should have dumbed it down for her. I just don't believe it. :nct6:

Both could be true - it could be that she wanted Ador and NJ so much that she let herself believe that non-compete was something else. Her press conference certainly makes it believable that she has such laser focus on what she wants that she becomes short-sighted and does things rashly. In fact I'm pretty sure that was somewhere in her opening statement.

Or she got coerced or manipulated into signing it.

This is definitely something I'm interested in hearing more about. She wanted to talk about it more in the press conference, but her lawyer intervened several times.

I don't know if it's relevant to entertainment industry but the big tech industry is known for having non compete clauses for their top execs

Interestingly, a US court recently squashed non compete clauses in contracts

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yep, probably why it seems so foreign to me. California/Silicon Valley was an early adopter of this ban and the major part of my career was spent there.

It's a stretch tbh, don't know why the Illit director is being so messy.

I don't know why she deleted it, I think she should keep it.

just how egoistic those CEOs are lol

Hybe's top management needs to rein in this behaviour. Honestly, as an investor, I would not want to invest in such a toxic company where you have such immature rivalries amongst sub labels.

I think its obvious the creative director is fuming that MHJ basically said she copied her. She's being shady for sure, but I'm not getting much maturity from any of the players.

It's all :meme-spidermen: :meme-point: :meme-hiss: on repeat

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know the allegations Hybe made said that there had been employee abuses. I guess we'll see in the court case.

It seems like Cnet is also on MHJ's side

External Content www.youtube.com

There are no subs and I don't speak any dialect of chinese ;(

EDIT: wait, selfmate do you?

Starting in Nov of this year, 13.5% of MHJ's shares can be sold back to Hybe via a put option (requiring HYBE to buy back at a certain price estimated to be around 100B). The remaining 4.5% cannot be sold without Hybe's consent. MHJ raised objections to the restrictions on that 4.5% back in Dec. HYBE said that they could modify it, suggesting a put option for the 4.5% with different timing meaning she could sell it back to Hybe without consent but at a different later time.

So this is saying that Hybe has already responded to her complaints that she cannot sell this back without permission with an offer that she would allow her to sell without their permission but at a later date.

Ok, I'm just an engineer - but I'm scratching my head. I mean I have some RSUs too and they don't vest all at the same time, but they do vest. Non-competes are also not new, but a non-compete clause tied to stocks that won't vest after a time period and you can't sell without express permission? That just sounds one sided.

As it is tied to a non-compete, they must be trying to prevent something by not allowing her to sell or at least have a fixed date when she can sell.

Anyway, I'm off to spend the next day covered in fish guts, prawn bits, gross smelling mosquito repellent and mud. No way I'm trying to load and navigate this thread on my phone with AKP's borked notifications and shit. Maybe some other threads...

Have fun y'all. If I catch any crabs, your welcome to get some from me.

But will it be messier than this mess? I think you'll find it very peaceful au contraire!

Have fun touching grass!

But isn't him wanting to "step on aespa" just what any competitor in the industry would say?

like apple vs samsung - "i wanna crush samsung's galaxy s 24+++ with our new I phone 40 s++" to me it just sounds like competition and his motive for wanting to try to create a gg

Which is why no one is really having an issue with it unless they are fans of Aespa or anti Hybe.

I'm pretty sure it's not controversial to say that SM, YG and JYP have made remarks of this nature too. Hell, I'm sure BPD has said this phrase about other groups lots of other times as well. I'm not excusing this type of behavior, cause it can get toxic fast depending on what it leads to, but it's the "leads to" part that's all speculation, not concrete... And you know where bias leads.

Same reason I didn't jump on the "she leaked info about other groups to take them down" train - cause we had no real proof of that. We knew she apparently leaked something, but letting our imaginations make these narratives serves to do very little but stroke fandom fires.

Now this is the tricky part, if MHJ left Hybe/ ADOR it will triggers the non-competitive contract which prohibit her to work inside the industry.

If she can't get Hybe's agreement on selling that 5% of share, she basically can not work inside this industry ever again. That's why she referred it as slave contract.

If this is true, then I'd agree with her. How is something like that even legal? It's so one-sided, it's morally reprehensible.

Sure, he should critique big hit and hybe as well

but everything he has said so far that i have watched is spot on, especially the one that was posted about her press conference, everything we all have said in here he basically repeated, so we definitely were not getting translations wrong, and a majority of us are definitely on the same page.

She's just far more interesting to psychanalyze because that press conference gave us so much to well... think about... She very rarely answered any question directly and contradicted her claims about money by talking about who got paid what etc.

And then we have what, one text message from BPD, about wanting her to create a new GG to step on Aespa. Which makes him as sleazy as all the other ruthless CEOs you imagine. How much is there to pick apart there other than to say, "Yep, skeeze".

Other than that it's her characterization of their character while what we have on her is what SHE HERSELF said.