Posts by Ves

I disagree with this statement, is a free pass for companies to do whatever they want, and that can never be good.
    Btw, Companies are not that necessary to let their sins pass. Is like be grateful to McDonald's for all the jobs they make, like without them these jobs would never exist. Nah, without companies' music would still exists. Sometimes i think kpop fans don't realize how fuck up is this system, or don't want to know and just want to live the fantasy.

I've explained my stance. We can agree to disagree - that's ok too. :finger-heart:

the fact that min heejin acc said that bts was plagiarizing her work is crazy

I don't think we can consider it a fact, just a "claim" at this point. Like others, I have trouble believing anyone could be this delusional. But who knows, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe she is delusional. It's unconfirmed squabbling right now though

I think the problem is in letting a company lying to us. Because companies wouldn't stop just there. Btw, lying about live singing looks not harmful, but what happen if the company, knowing their idols dont have to be good singers, that they can just make things work Post-production, then they just stop giving then vocal lessons. Is not that bad for the idols? the people we supposedly really care about? Another harmful lies. The diets, we see idols eating like a normal person but i only see a lot of skinny people. For what i saw about what other idols said, that diets are very strict, i dont want to imagine the impact taht will have in their bodies when they get older.
    About the Santa comparison. Ves, parents care about us, really care. For companies we are only customers, and idols are employees, who treat better according to the money they make, more money better treatment. Is a bad idea giving the power to lying to us so easily.

My overall point was that you have to pick your battles. Sure I agree with you the the fantasy they sell can be detrimental, but I still don't agree that it's on the level of evil as say Phillip Morris. Is it greedy though? Hell yes.

I decided to spend my energy taking a stand in other places that I feel have more reward for my personal interests. I'm one of those annoyingly optimistic people always looking for the bright side. You can rail against KPOP selling a fantasy - I accept that the entire entertainment industry sells a fantasy and actively welcome KPOP's fantasy so that we get better Asian representation in the entertainment industry. It's a trade-off, but I feel their sins so far do not outweigh the good it can bring.

I mentioned that before soshixbang cerated the thread with the actual news about this

When the mods thread merged evrything, they found a badguy thread from feb talking about something somewhat related... so, after the merge, the badguys op on the barely related thread became the first post, he gets the glory for making a hit thread and poor soshixbang eats dirt.

I've given them a shoutout on the tl;dr OP - they deserve it

Aha that's interesting. He is a Vice President at Ador but doesn't sit on the board like the other VP Shin Dong-Hoon. Ador has a lot of VPs lol. But this indicates he joined Ador in February 2024. That further clears up the timeline.

Also clears up why some articles were talking about Mr. L. There is only one Mr A. in the end.

Any edits I should be making to the timeline?

Can I put this in the tl;dr? Multiple tweets can take forever for some of our users to load so I can cut them to just one with the addition of this. I will update as I see it or you tag me.

omg ves is now the OP of this megathread

lmaoooooooo

i'm confused now wat is going on, it's just a glob of posts now

Had to give a tl;dr, because if there was ever a thread that needed one - it's this. Added the line about OP having a summary, thanks KpopJop !

No matter what side anyone is on, wading through all these conspiracy theories to weed out the actual details of this kpop/kdrama crossover is hard, but needed. So there's my attempt to right that, thanks for the idea xx-jenn-xx