Posts by wsoet

My guess is that Rollin' will last another week at the top spot, giving the song 8 weeks in total and securing it the #2 position overall. However, with BTS' new song coming on the 21st, it's uncertain if Rollin' can survive another week on top after that.

Let's not forget about "When We Disco" and "Switch to Me", both of which did quite well last year.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In a recent thread, reiusagi requested a breakdown of TikTok hashtag views for Fourth Generation girl groups. Now I've never used the TikTok app before, but I was able to find the number of hashtag views by accessing TikTok's browser interface. All I had to do was visit the web site https://www.tiktok.com/tag/example, where example is the hashtag of interest. Using that methodology, it was straightforward to simply look up views for each group. The results are shown below:

Itzy: 5.5B views (43.38%)

Iz*One: 1.7B views (13.41%)

Loona: 1.3B views (10.25%)

Aespa: 1B views (7.89%)

(G)I-dle: 930M views (7.34%)

Everglow: 716.3M views (5.65%)

Secret Number: 537.4M views (4.24%)

Weeekly: 301.3M views (2.38%)

Cherry Bullet: 158.4M views (1.25%)

fromis_9: 128.4M views (1.01%)

StayC: 115.5M views (0.91%)

Woo!ah!: 64.7M views (0.51%)

NeonPunch: 49.7M views (0.39%)

GWSN: 40M views (0.32%)

Rocket Punch: 37.7M views (0.30%)

3YE: 20.6M views (0.16%)

Purple Kiss: 18.9M views (0.15%)

DreamNote: 11.4M views (0.09%)

Cignature: 11.3M views (0.09%)

Lunarsolar: 11.3M views (0.09%)

Bvndit: 10.6M views (0.08%)

XUM: 5M views (0.04%)

Hinapia: 3.7M views (0.03%)

Purplebeck: 2.6M views (0.02%)

Botopass: 1.4M views (0.01%)

Hot Issue: 636.7K views (0.01%)

Honey Popcorn: 458.1K views (0.00%)

Maywish: 41.7K views (0.00%)

The numbers are current as of roughly 2021-05-08 13:36 GMT. Here are the results graphed in bar chart form:

TikTokViews.png

As we can see, TikTok hashtag views are concentrated heavily in the top performing groups, which shouldn't be too surprising. What was surprising to me was how much of a lead Itzy has built up. Also a bit unexpected was how well Secret Number is doing in this metric.

The other videos from the same episode are pretty good too:

So the views for the Elcanto CF version of High Heels has now surpassed Brave Girls' official music video for the song. 🤦

As others have pointed out, a potential issue with this methodology is that groups are basically penalized for releasing "bonus" songs, as in the case of The Best Thing I Ever Did, if it were to be included (which it probably should).

Perhaps it would be better to look at *median* instead of mean values for weeks in the Gaon digital top 100. Using median values instead, we currently have:

Twice: 36 weeks

BTS: 34 wins

Blackpink: 32 weeks

Mamamoo: 24 weeks

Red Velvet: 23.5 weeks

P.S. The numbers for Red Velvet don't quite add up, as there are 14 songs listed, totaling 345 weeks.

Apple was very nice indeed, but I still feel that Mago is the superior song:

To help aid in your determination, here are the Third Generation girl group songs with over 5 music show wins:

Rough – GFriend: 15 wins

Navillera – GFriend: 14 wins

TT – Twice: 13 wins

How You Like That – Blackpink: 13 wins

Signal – Twice: 12 wins

What Is Love? – Twice: 12 wins

Cheer Up – Twice: 11 wins

Ddu-Du Ddu-Du – Blackpink: 11 wins

Time for the Moon Night – GFriend: 10 wins

Dance the Night Away – Twice: 10 wins

Power Up – Red Velvet: 10 wins

Rookie – Red Velvet: 9 wins

Knock Knock – Twice: 9 wins

Heart Shaker – Twice: 9 wins

Starry Night – Mamamoo: 9 wins

Psycho – Red Velvet: 9 wins

More & More – Twice: 9 wins

You're the Best – Mamamoo: 8 wins

Nonstop – Oh My Girl: 8 wins

Yes I Am – Mamamoo: 7 wins

Likey – Twice: 7 wins

Bboom Bboom – Momoland: 7 wins

Gogobebe – Mamamoo: 7 wins

Feel Special – Twice: 7 wins

Hip – Mamamoo: 7 wins

Crossroads – GFriend: 7 wins

I Can't Stop Me – Twice: 7 wins

Ice Cream Cake – Red Velvet: 6 wins

Russian Roulette – Red Velvet: 6 wins

Sunrise – GFriend: 6 wins

Fever – GFriend: 6 wins

Umpah Umpah – Red Velvet: 6 wins

Workaholic – Bolbbalgan4: 6 wins

Lovesick Girls – Blackpink: 6 wins

Rollin' – Brave Girls: 6 wins

Wondering if Twice actually went to Clarkson's studio or did it remotely?

External Content youtu.be

Very unlikely. If they did, I imagine that Kelly would have interviewed them, at least briefly.

here are also some songs that deserved better :pepelove1:

This. Yubin's "Perfume (Hyangsu)" is easily one of my favorite releases of 2021 thus far. I'm a big fan of the arpeggiated synths that are used liberally throughout the song.

They served us knowing that this would be their last song as a group

Well if I can get pedantic for a bit, Wonder Girls' last song was actually "그려줘 (Draw Me)", which also marked the group's 10 year anniversary:

So according to this source, this is the meaning of "red sun":

noun; a catchphrase coined by Kim Young Guk during the early 2000’s in his usage of it and it’s accompanying hand motion while ‘hypnotizing’ others in order to help them in areas of dieting, health, remembering past lives, ect. ect.

noun; a popular phrase used to indicate when a person seems to be under the effects of hypnosis (i.e 'dazed out’) and an observer wishes to make them 'snap out of it’

Apparently, there was also a female duo with the same name.

And of course, there were also the "hidden" whispers of "red sun" in Orange Caramel's "Catellena" (the only English lyrics in the song):