Did your faves deliver in 2022 ?

• Blackpink delivered the best album in Kpop history, zero flops all bops.

Izone delivered four SOTY quality title tracks (Afterlike, Smartphone, Love Shhh, Underwater) and at least four SOTY quality B sides (Yena's Vacay, Lesserafim's Impurities, Chaeyeon's Danny, Eunbi's Mirror).

Twice delivered a solid rocker in Queen of Hearts and Nayeon's infectious choreo for Pop.

Honorable mention to Kepler for killing with two title track bops We Fresh and Wadada and a fantastic B side in La Voyage.

• This was the first year P1harmony had more than one comeback! So lots more music than I am used to, and the quality was all there. That's not even mentioning other side music projects and stuff. P1ece were incredibly well fed.

:lover1:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Oh yes they did :yesr: From online and cinema concerts, to an anthology album, legendary solo debuts. It feels bittersweet with Jin's enlistment, but I feel it was a great year. I'm proud of them.

yeah, BTS's year was amazing except those two days in June & October but they made us proud & we'll gladly wait

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• uhh let's see :

BTS for me delivered above & beyond and had an amazing year both as a group and as individual artists and i couldn't be any prouder. While yes, it was their last comeback AS A GROUP FOR A WHILE (2-3 yrs), I was amazed @ how much they did by having their concerts & YET TO COME IN BUSAN being one of the biggest masterpieces EVER. I loved their solo projects too!

J-Hope made me so proud with what he accomplished with Jack In The Box & going to lollapalooza- no it's HOBIPALOOZA and singing his music and the award he won as a solo artist only makes me look foward to what's next with our sunshine : )

Jin, my Moon, My Astronaut made me so proud of what he accomplished. He got a popularity vote awarded by fans and his solo made me go over the Moon for him. He accomplished so much in such a short time, even performing with Coldplay in front of thousands and I can't wait until he returns but in the meanwhile, STAY SAFE OUR ASTRONAUT!!!!!!!

aespa did amazing with their comeback, which i really loved and just was a YES for me. I was so proud when they headed to coachella & also had their 1st showcase in US, which was the SYNK showcase. I really can't wait to see what they do next!!

Stray Kids were amazing with their 2 comebacks this year : Maxident & Oddinary . I was just a newbie STAY & Oddinary was my 1st comeback as a STAY and they blew me away with their songs & I was beyond happy when they announced Maxident. Overall, can't wait to see what they do next !!

RM did amazing with his debut album, indigo !!! His music and lyrics just hit me so hard and made me get emotional. I love how he gets true to himself and shares his feelings across music and really hope he releases another album soon!!!

TXT really did well with Minisode 2: Thursday's Child. All of those songs were amazing and I personally loved Opening Sequence. I really can't wait for their next comeback : )

Itzy 's comeback was meh for me. I didn't really like it. Like it was ok but not as compared to their better songs but it was catchy.

NMIXX was a gg that their music was a no for me but as i listened to it, it grew on me & now im an NSWER !! I personally don't see why people are hating on O.O when its a good song : ) . Sad that Jinni left but can't wiat for their next comeback as a group.

NewJeans was a surprise for me. I ahd not heard music like theirs in a LONG time. They're bringing something new and I like it! Really loved Hype Boy & they didn't disappoint : )

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• BTS delivered an anthology of their greatest hits with new emotional songs specifically dedicated to tug into the hearts of the fandom plus a banger of a music with Run BTS. On top of that, Chapter 2 delivered great solo acts. BTS never disappoints.

Jhope's critically acclaimed JITB album delivered the side of him we had never seen before. His musical creativity exceeded every expectations. His first solo stage performance blew everybody out of the water. He proved that he's not one to mess with when it comes to stage performance. He got respect. Deserved.

Jin delivered a beautiful song as a way of expressing his feelings to ARMY. Quite successful, I may add. He was underestimated by many but yet he broke many records including sales records for a Korean debut soloist and that was a sweet taste of success, with a side serving of middle finger-flip! Deserved.

RM fucking delivered one hell of an album. It's an art in itself. His lyricism was all over it. As expected, it was critically acclaimed and he went on to break records after records. Deserved.

Jungkook - the golden maknae definitely delivered. His Left and Right collab with Charlie Puth is still going strong. He even helped bring the song to the highest Hot 100 Charlie Puth has ever reached. That was all Jungkook's power. Then the World Cup happened. JK is now known by GP all over the world.

2023 will have the rest of the members deliver more amazing acts. It may even be more explosive. I can't wait!

• :pleading: Has Jessica's new group debuted yet? Or is that expected to come in 2023?

Probably never. The actual group is kinda irrelevant because all of them are so busy with their own lives. I don't think all the other seasons groups debuted either.

They are splitting them up into two separate groups and making spinoff shows however. Jessica's show, Seaside Band, is airing right now and doing extremely well

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Probably never. The actual group is kinda irrelevant because all of them are so busy with their own lives. I don't think all the other seasons groups debuted either.

They are splitting them up into two separate groups and making spinoff shows however. Jessica's show, Seaside Band, is airing right now and doing extremely well

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ah, that makes sense. It probably helps get contestants to not have to actually commit to doing the idol thing for 2 years or whatever.

Hopefully this bodes well that Jessica will release another album! Her voice is still as lovely as ever. :pepelove1:

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• ULTS:

TWICE- Amazing releases this year. Between 1&2 is one of my favorite twice albums and my second favorite album this year. Talk That Talk is one of my favorite songs this year too. Celebrate is my favorite Japanese title track and gave me my second favorite Japanese B-Side (Thats all im saying). Nayeon also released an amazing album this year. There hasnt bee a single year where I havent loved all of TWICE's releases.

KEP1ER- First Impact and Doublast was great. Up is my favorite song this year. I'm still not over O.O.O and its been a year since GP999 aired. Fly-Up was also a great album, although it only had 2 songs. Troubleshooter was a bit disappointing but still good in my opinion. I'm excited to see what Kep1er does next year.

LOONA- Flip That was great, as a song and album. Yall didnt get her the way i understood her. Pose felt out of place but it was a very cohesive album otherwise. their japanese comeback was something...it was very bad. but we'll excuse it. im very interested on how the new album will sound like but i will be boycotting.

WEEEKLY- Yall already know my feelings of Ven Para and Play Game Awake. Just disappointing. Its been 9 months since their last comeback im worried for the group. I dont think theyll disband cuz IST is midtier but i feel like IST will give up on them.

NEWJEANS- Amazing, marvalous, beautiful. Their first album was amazing. Them (along with TWICE and IVE) have given me the best songs this year. Ditto is so great. I'm so proud of these girls, i've been anticipating their debut since 2019 and its great to know that they served.

SEMI-ULTS

BTS- Run BTS was great. The other songs of Proof wasnt songs i'd listen to but they are good. MORE and ARSON werent my type of music and aged badly with me however the rest of JITB makes up for it. The Astronaut was good. I havent listened to RM's album yet because i've been too busy honestly. I plan on listening to it during winter break when i'm less stressed out.

IVE- YALL DONT KNOWWW IVE THE WAY I KNOW IVE. They have not disappointed me once in their discography. Its glam, its fancy, its exquisite or however you spell it. I need comeback news like im frothing at the mouth. But i also hope they take their time if they are preparing for an actual album.

AESPA- Girls didnt deserve what yall put her through!!! She is their best title track to date like yall need to stop playing with her. The rest of the album was good, wasnt as amazing as Savage persay but still a good album.

RED VELVET- The Reve Festival 2022 was CRAZYYY. Ive never seen something like it. The best album of 2022. Birthday was okay. I wish they released something velvet to follow up with Feel My Rhythm. BYE BYE is an amazing bside though so i'll let it pass.

OTHER GROUPS I STAN:

im gonna keep this short since i stan so many groups.

CSR & TRIPLE S- Generation has been on repeat it is too good i fear. I'm excited for the groups next release. CSR has also been on repeat. We need more ggs doing the GFRIENDxLOVELYZxTWICE sound.

NMIXX- Great discography so far, their songs are weird but i still love them.

GIDLE- Amazing year. Soyeon truly is a genius. NXDE has been on repeat.

CHERRY BULLET- WE FREAKING LUV U!!!! AND WE MISS U!!! Love In Space was wayy better than Love So Sweet idc what yall say. LIS was so dramatic and a rollercoaster ride AND I ATE IT UPPPP.

BILLLIE & WOO!AH. Good songs. I didn't enjoy Ring Ma Bell as much as RingXRing or GingaMingaYo but still good.

CHAEYEON, YENA & JO YURI- Great year for the IZONE girls. YENA has my heart her music is so fun and upbeat. still a jo yuri anti at heart though because she didnt release round and round as a full song!

CASUALS:

SNSD, SEVENTEEN, FROMIS & LESSERAFIM- Great songs, I WILL STAN SEVENTEEN ONE DAY.

ITZY & NCT- WHEW this year was a rollercoaster. Im more of a NCT DREAM fan because WayV doesnt interest me and NCT 127's music is a lot. Although NCT 127 is growing on me im starting to get NMXIX and AESPA flashbacks. Itzy has been inconsistent for me. Sneakers is kinda eh, half of the album is bad the other half is very good. Boys Like You was amazing and Cheshire was also just okay. (mainly cause of the chorus)

• Were you surprised by their comebacks ? Satisfied ? Disappointed ?

Delivered:

NCT 127 - I was surprised and super happy. It's not their strongest tt (but not their worst either, just in the middle) but the rest of the album is amazing and vies for being some of their best work. Pair that with phenomenal live shows and concerts and a chef's kiss year. I was surprised by how much they're prepping for enlistment - more members have more vocals and raps as the group clearly plans to bridge Taeil and Taeyong's impending enlistments.

NCT solos - these were all great and very different and showed the artists they could be. Jaehyun and Taeyong's were my #1 and #3 most listened to songs this year.

WayV - ask me again when the album comes out but it sounds promising!

Mixed:

Purple Kiss - satisfied - they're still trying to find their sound and style and it was a little up and down (there were some b-sides that were better choices than memeM for instance) but they're still a young new group.

EXO solos were up and down for me. I loved Suho's and didn't expect to because I didn't care for his first one. Chen's isn't my style, so was just as I expected. Xiumin's was ok.

Disappointed:

NCT Dream - Disappointed. Hot Sauce was such an amazing album but Glitch Mode and Beatbox were wildly uneven. The highs were high (Fire Alarm, Teddy Bear, Arcade) but the lows were low (It's Yours, Drive). And the winter album Candy is a big disappointment for me.

And who among the groups that you don't stan positively or negatively surprised you ?

Positively:

Lots of ggs

I was surprised by how much great gg music I fell for this year, even if it was only a song or two, from groups I don't usually care for (StayC's Poppy, SNSD's Villain, Twice's Basics and Trouble) to new groups like New jeans and Le Sserafim to strong releases from groups I liked like Billlie and Pixy.

Artists I don't normally follow with great albums

Key, Onew, RM, Hyolyn, Whee In, Taeyeon

Mixed:

SKZ

I loved most of Oddinary, didn't care for most of Maxident.

Itzy

I loved Voltage. I loved Voltage.

Negatively:

SM gg

I was disappointed by all of the Red Velvet comebacks this year, esp the title tracks. There were a few good b-sides tucked in there but really disappointed here. I was disappointed by the aespa album too, particularly in a year with so many great gg.

What debut did you like ?

Le Sserafim, New jeans, Triple S, Mimiirose, XG, Seulgi's solo debut

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!