Xiumin is a South Korean singer and actor.
He is a member of the boy group EXO and its sub-unit EXO-CBX.
His stage name is a combination of the chinese reading of hanja 秀 , which means great, and hanja min(珉) in his original name.
II. Early Life and Career Beginnings
Xiumin was born in Guri, Gyeonggi Province, South Korean on March 26, 1990.
He was a student at Catholic Kwandong University where he attended a seminar and gave a presentation for students in Applied Music. Xiumin learned martial arts and has a black belt in Kendo and Taekwondo.
He also trained in Wushu and Fencing. Xiumin is also known as an avid fan of football and is an honorary ambassador of the Korea Football Association.
Before Xiumin's participation in SM's Everysing Contest, he had auditioned for JYP in 2008 but was rejected.
In 2008, Xiumin won second place in the SM Everysing Contest. He later became a trainee through SM Entertainment's Casting System in the same year.
In 2013, Xiumin made a guest appearance alongside actress Kim Yoo-jung in the music video for the song "Gone" by South Korean singer Jin, now a member of Lovelyz.
III. Acting Roles and EXO-CBX
In October 2015, Xiumin played the leading role opposite actress Kim So-eun in the web drama Falling for Challenge.
He also released his first solo song since debut titled "You Are the One" as a soundtrack of the web drama.
Falling for Challenge was the most watched web drama in South Korea in 2015, reaching 20 million views just after 17 days.
In February 2016, Xiumin was featured in AOA Jimin's solo single "Call You Bae", and appeared in its music video.
In July 2016, he made his big screen debut alongside Yoo Seung-ho in the movie Seondal: The Man Who Sells The River.
In October 2016, together with Chen and Baekhyun, Xiumin became a member of EXO's first official sub-unit EXO-CBX, making their debut with the mini album Hey Mama on October 31, 2016.
In August, he became a regular cast member on the MBC's reality tv show It's Dangerous Beyond The Blankets.
Following his enlistment, he released his debut solo single, "You", which is part of SM Station, on May 9, 2019.
In August 2019, it was reported that Xiumin would be starring in an army musical titled "Return: The Promise of That Day" together with SHINee's Onew and Yoon Ji-sung which ran from October 22 to December 1 at the Olympic Park’s Woori Art Hall in Seoul.
Xiumin took his final military leave in November 2020, and did not return to the army due to the military's policy on COVID-19; he was then discharged on December 6, 2020.
IV. Xiumin Facts
– He was born in Guri, Gyeonggi province, South Korea.
– Xiumin has a little sister whose identity he worked very hard to keep a secret, because his mom asked him to.
– Education: Catholic Kwandong University
– He is one of the Korean members or EXO-M.
– He is also part of the subunit EXO-CBX alongside with Baekhyun and Chen.
– He appeared in EXO’s 11th and 23th teasers.
– Xiumin won second place on the SM Everysing Contest 2008.
– His nicknames are Bao Zi (Little Bun), Mandoo, King of Detail
– Personality: Kind, very, very clean and tidy, cute, prankster, funny.
– He likes to play pranks on the other members.
– He has a chubby face and a cute grin.
– He is a good cook.
– Xiumin was chosen as the funniest member among EXO M.
– Though his looks make him appear as the youngest member, he is actually the oldest.
– He is the neatest, strongest and cleanest member in EXO-M.
– He is the most organized and the one who gets up the earliest.
– He knows Taekwondo, Fencing, Kendo, and Soccer.
– When he was younger he joined a martial arts school because of a free toy.
– According to Chanyeol he seems cute but he’s actually manly (Star Show 360).
– Xiumin said that he is close with Super Junior’s Henry and Sungmin and f(x)’s Amber.
– He has been chosen by his band mates as the member who was least likely to cry.
– The nickname Baozi was given to him by Luhan. (“Baozi” is his nickname not only because he likes steamed buns, but because he has a round, white face.)
– Kris said that Xiumin’s strength was being approachable and understanding.
– Xiumin is afraid of cats because he was attacked by one when he was young.
– A thing that Xiumin must do everyday is taking a bath.
– His hobbies are playing soccer, exercise, eat delicious food and shopping.
– His favorite music genre is ballad.
– His favorite foods: Steamed buns, kimchi soup and miso soup prepared by his parents.
– He also likes Chinese hot pot, spicy Sichuan food and huo guo.
– He likes pumpkins.
– Xiumin’s favorite flavor is blueberry.
– His favorite color is blue.
– His favorite cartoons are Spongebob and Baby Huiy.
– His favorite stuff: MP3 Player, Cell Phone, Computer.
– One gift that he’s very grateful for is a huge selection of Manga given to him by fans.
– Xiumin bought a coffee maker and would make lattes and cappucinos for the members.
– He wants to be a barista and wants to open his own coffee shop in the future.
– He doesn’t like it if someone touches his face.
– Xiumin went to the same high school as Infinite’s Dongwoo.
– He acted in the web drama “Falling for Challenge” (2015)
– He acted in the movie “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River” (2016)
– In 2017 he became a regular cast of the show “It’s Dangerous Beyond The Blankets”.
– His role models are Super Junior, JJ Lin.
– He says that he would be bold enough to actively pursue a girl, but he would leave subtle hints that he likes her.
|Young & Free (with NCT's Mark)
|Call You Bae (with AOA's Jimin)
|"Falling For Challenge OST Part.1" ("You Are the One")||2015|
|Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo OST Part 1 (For You with Baekhyun and Chen)
|Mr Queen OST Part 7 ("To My One And Only You")
|Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River||2016|
Exo Next Door
|Falling For Challenge
Travel Without Manager
|It's Dangerous Beyond The Blankets
|Return: The Promise of That Day
VII. Social Media
VIII. XIUMIN MVS