Are there male singers in Korea with particular voices?

• I started listening to BG this year and I don't know them very well yet , I noticed that their voices despite their singing quality were quite forgettable. Do you know if there are singers with particular voices as is the case in Western music. I know there are some for women but I know very little about Korean music on the men's side. Can you recommend some?

:pepe-notes:

• I can say with confidence there is no BG member with a better vocal tone than Kyungsoo aka EXO D.O along with stellar skills to match that.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think you can easily recognise his voice.

External Content m.youtube.com

• Golden Child Y

He is the left one in the first video

External Content www.youtube.com

• I don't know much, and for male, I recently listening to Lee Mujin
    and I like his vocal tone

I don't know much, and for male, I recently listening to Lee Mujin
    and I like his vocal tone

Thanks for the recommendations, they have great voices. But I'm looking more for truly unique voices, as is the case, for example, with Brian Johnson, the singer of ACDC. I'm looking for singers with particular voices like that, I find almost none among the BGs, there are very beautiful voices with low or higher tones but I don't really find any particular ones. Did you know some really special like this pls :pepefrog:

• Seungyoon

It's a bit close to what I'm looking for but not quite :pepefrog:

• this dude

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• BI probably has one of the most unique voices, I think even non fans can distinguish it.

• Changmo

• Maybe TOP when he sings?

Also Jay Park

• Digging up the boys I love for their vocal tone:

Hwang Chiyeol

Love his voice so much.

:lover1:

This is the song what made him famous. The singing starts at 1:26

This is his live vocal video I love:

Baekhyun:

Ash Island

• hmmm like the vocals in the chorus of this song? Rough rockish vocals?

• damn.. i think i understand why they rap now :pepe-magnify:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Thanks for the recommendations, they have great voices. But I'm looking more for truly unique voices, as is the case, for example, with Brian Johnson, the singer of ACDC. I'm looking for singers with particular voices like that, I find almost none among the BGs, there are very beautiful voices with low or higher tones but I don't really find any particular ones. Did you know some really special like this pls :pepefrog:

after looking at the OPs example I don't think anyone gave the right one lol except maybe chiyeul

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

My fave voice

:lighter-pepe:

• Then…

There is Bloo. I’m obsessed with this song.

:shyr:

Xydo:

Niihwa:

(His high notes. Damn)

• Oh, how could I forget, Gdragon

• I don't know many newer ones but looking back I'd say

Yim Jaebum - has quite a few famous songs but my favourite is his duet with Lena Park. Probably the closest to what you're looking for in terms of voices looking at your other post.

Park Hyo Shin

Kim Taewoo - his most famous solo song is Love Rain but you can hear him in g.o.d songs.

Park Yong-in from Urban Zakapa (on the right here), the trio have made some of the best ballads in SK over the years and all have incredible vocals

K Will

• Psy's voice is also pretty unique, the way he enunciate his words is pretty distinguishable

• NU'ESTs JR (after their disbandment he decided to go by his realname but spells it differently now (His realname is Kim Jonghyun, but he decided to go by Jonghyeon now), not sure if he is going to re-debut anytime soon but people say he would've signed to the company that fucked up with Kang Daniel some years ago now)

VIXX's Ravi

DAY6's Dowoon (Since he never sung in the band a few people thought he can't even sing and were uncertain as he said he would drop a song)

ONEWE's Yonghoon (Especially the round sound when he sings in Korean)

ONEWE's Cya (But they tend to put too much autotune on his voice sometimes)

So Soobin (You will never find someone else like him)

A.C.E's Donghun (Also one with a kinda round-ish sound sometimes)

MCND's entire rap-line (You will find nobody with the same voices like them)

Stray Kids's Felix (And the power of his different voices)

Wonho

B.I

MONSTA X's I.M

ONF's MK

ONF's Wyatt

PENTAGON's Hui

Dawn

Eric Nam (If sex was a voice than 100% this)

SEVENTEEN's Vernon

iKON's Bobby

SF9's Zuho

KARD's BM

Jay Park

Holland

WINNER's Mino

JBJ95's Sanggyun (I miss him and Kenta. I hope they can come back anytime)

TVXQ's Yunho

Kangta

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• this dude

These two yes ! Thanks :pepelove2:

after looking at the OPs example I don't think anyone gave the right one lol except maybe chiyeul

Yes i search special voical, but idk if it's because there's no singer like that or because that's the way he sings and refuses to play with their voice.

There are two famous band singers who have some very unique vocal moments but they never make it all the way through a song. I've G-dragon and Jimin in my mind. Jimin intro part in Blood, sweat & Tears is a very good example of a special voice well used and plays a lot with his voice.

• Woosung, dpr ian, crush and dean all have voices I can instantly recognise

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• Hmm. I like groups based on voices and I think Baekhyun and D.O. and Jonghyun, who have already been mentioned here have very very distinctive voices that are different than the usual mild bg tenor voice.

I love Taeil’s voice and to me, it’s distinctive, but I’ve seen people confuse it with Doyoung’s so I won’t count him here.

The two most distinctive voices that you never mistake for someone else are Haechan and Jaehyun. Whether or not you find Haechan nasal (and sometimes I do, tbh), his voice is distinctively and unmistakeably his and can often punch up key moments.

External Content twitter.com

Jaehyun’s voice is, in general, softer than the powerhouse vocals in 127 (Taeil, Doyoung and Haechan), but his warm baritone voice is also distinctive and unusual in Kpop. He has a range and sounds great in his falsetto, and for many years, SM forced him to sing in a range that gave him a breathy vocal but we’re hearing more of his natural tones down, which are warm and lovely and ground the vocal mix.

You can hear a good example of it here in this messy a capella where the other tenors sound about the same but those two voices sound very different.

If you take it in isolation, Jaehyun sounds like he’s higher

But here’s a place where you can hear the contrast for Jaehyun against a tenor (Taeil)

(Unfortunately we only get full baritone in his raps)

Okay, last example here, the sublime Superhuman bridge

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• in general, Kpop is not a fan of baritones, but a few interesting voices:

MRSHLL (kr&b)

Gen Neo (c-pop - come back, dude, come back, I’m sorry I didn’t know about you sooner :pepe-puddle: )

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Thank you for your explanations, they have indeed very beautiful voices, but unfortunately that's not what I'm looking for :pepe-sad:

• Thanks for the recommendations, they have great voices. But I'm looking more for truly unique voices, as is the case, for example, with Brian Johnson, the singer of ACDC. I'm looking for singers with particular voices like that, I find almost none among the BGs, there are very beautiful voices with low or higher tones but I don't really find any particular ones. Did you know some really special like this pls :pepefrog:

Actually wait I have someone for you

Lee Hongki

• Not bad :pepemusic:

• His tone and vocalisation makes him distinctive imo

• So glad to read this thread and see my sole bias mentioned! OP, thank you!

Hwang Chi Yeul (debuted in 2007 - but forced to go on about 9 years' hiatus because his company folded soon after)

He's known more for his sad farewell ballads, but I'd like him to try more rock ballads like this - my favourite song from his latest album "By My Side"

Another song I love from "By My Side":

Favourite HCY OST - from "Ruler - Master of the Mask" in 2017

His live stages are even better than his CDs.

Edited 4 times, last by cynkdf ().

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!