Twice always had 50/50 male - female fan support in Korean

• This is why they became NGG, because even if they didn't have huge #s of fangirls (still big) they had just as many fanboys, whether uncle fans or Army conscripts. So of course in mostly female online hangouts like Nate Pann you'd get the wrong impression that they don't care much for Twice. But Twice fans are really spread out. There's no one single concentration of them. The best measure of how much fan support Twice has is album sales, not random Pann posts with less than 10 comments.

• Twice's fanbase is truly a puzzle. I go back and forth on whether Onces are male or female dominated. I've seen data from fansigns that indicate that the most hardcore fans that buy bulk albums and tons of merch are thirsty fanboys. But then i've seen other social media data indicating slightly more women than men, plus i've seen people saying that Japanese Onces are primarily women while Korean Onces are dudes.

I've seen fancams where you can literally only hear dudes cheering them on. And that American ultra extreme fanboy who buys thousands of albums for US Onces to get those fanmeeting tix and is super obsessed to the point where he ends up on the same flight as them somehow :rolleyes: . These things might skew people's opinions into thinking Onces are mostly male.

• I like the fact that you are positive,

Twice's fanbase is truly a puzzle. I go back and forth on whether Onces are male or female dominated. I've seen data from fansigns that indicate that the most hardcore fans that buy bulk albums and tons of merch are thirsty fanboys. But then i've seen other social media data indicating slightly more women than men, plus i've seen people saying that Japanese Onces are primarily women while Korean Onces are dudes.

I've seen fancams where you can literally only hear dudes cheering them on. And that American ultra extreme fanboy who buys thousands of albums for US Onces to get those fanmeeting tix and is super obsessed to the point where he ends up on the same flight as them somehow :rolleyes: . These things might skew people's opinions into thinking Onces are mostly male.

You are right and wrong at the same time :)

Majority of the fanbase is actually female. I should know, been part of the fandom since it started.

Also most buys come from females not from males.

BUT, and this is a big but, that is applicable to the "west".

In Sk, they have more male fans who do buy a TON of their albums.

In my opinion, in the west its 60/40 females to males in SK its 60/40 males to females.

So I guess an estimate of 50/50 is correct

Also those ultra extreme fanboys should not be allowed on the flight.

Also arrested.

• Twice's fanbase is truly a puzzle. I go back and forth on whether Onces are male or female dominated. I've seen data from fansigns that indicate that the most hardcore fans that buy bulk albums and tons of merch are thirsty fanboys. But then i've seen other social media data indicating slightly more women than men, plus i've seen people saying that Japanese Onces are primarily women while Korean Onces are dudes.

Yeah, it's definitely a puzzle. And I think the antis use whatever side benefits them most when they come after Twice, so that even further muddles it up.

Ultimately I think the fanbase is very evenly spread out. Twice is for everyone!

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Yep, there was a thread about how fanboys are too cheap to buy albums, that's why GGs depend on GP streaming.

But honestly, i have doubts about that. I dont think our sisters realize just how obsessed fanboys can get, it's no different than fangirls and BGs. Hell, i remember spending hundreds of dollars as a kid just collecting dumb baseball cards, literally all my allowance money went to that for years. When cassettes and CDs were a thing, you can bet that i bought every single one of my fave acts, both male and female, the week they came out. Once we're into something, boys will spend and spend big lol.

I think the reason why Izone and Twice sell so well is because they have tapped into this fanboy market. Other groups like RV and MMM who are skewed to women just dont have the same selling power when it comes to collectables like physical albums.

• Yep, there was a thread about how fanboys are too cheap to buy albums, that's why GGs depend on GP streaming.

But honestly, i have doubts about that. I dont think our sisters realize just how obsessed fanboys can get, it's no different than fangirls and BGs. Hell, i remember spending hundreds of dollars as a kid just collecting dumb baseball cards, literally all my allowance money went to that for years. When cassettes and CDs were a thing, you can bet that i bought every single one of my fave acts, both male and female, the week they came out. Once we're into something, boys will spend and spend big lol.

I think the reason why Izone and Twice sell so well is because they have tapped into this fanboy market. Other groups like RV and MMM who are skewed to women just dont have the same selling power when it comes to collectables like physical albums.

correct, 100% correct. And that is what is happening in SK and JPN.

But outside that? You would be surprised.

Girls feel empowered to be cute, to be nice, to dance, to smile, to be tough.

And that shows mate :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!