what is the secret of BIGBANG relevency among gp ?

• this might sound dumb, but i think the "controversy's" over the years helped me break free of the "idol" mold, so they were seen as more adult like and not so childish. even things small like suengri getting caught banging a japanese fangirl, they also were never afraid of using women in M/Vs or as dancers and being a little more intimate with them, which matured them to the GP

there lyrics always had a more depth to them, then that of typical idol music (which helps as its self written)

and they just have made good music over the years, they have so many ballads/slower songs are TT's then any other group, not everything was a banger

• The secret is being a man

They wouldn’t have had half the longevity if they were a gg

Taeyeon and IU also have longevity among GP

Honestly i think gg//women of 2nd gen have better longevity among GP

I mean the only one who still hittin #1 on melon is them BB, not even SHINee,2PM and TVXQ

Meanwhile we have IU and Taeyeon still getting PAKs left and right

• Literally good music since their debut never really a miss and always different genres.

They were also not the typical idols who did fanfare really no like ship obessed fandom. So alot of males in Korea support them.

• Tbh counting ot4 controversies while it was chaos on the time it happened, it also helped them in the sense that their music quality never went down and people started to really separate their personal lives and their music bc their music are good. Their lyrics sometimes were different of what others kpop groups were singing, their music are like "here, this is how you are feeling/felt right? Listen to us, we understood you" something like that. They were always really connected with their songs so their artistic side really helped GP to see them on a more serious note.

Do they have problems? Yes. Did they build their career as "perfect dolls"? No. They never used the "we are good example, follow us", they are "just listen to our songs, they are great".

This is my opinion.

• they deliver each time and never fail, so people always check them, plus their image is mature, they don't only have bangers, but also ballads, slow songs. their voices stand out, their rap stands out

• Tbh counting ot4 controversies while it was chaos on the time it happened, it also helped them in the sense that their music quality never went down and people started to really separate their personal lives and their music bc their music are good. Their lyrics sometimes were different of what others kpop groups were singing, their music are like "here, this is how you are feeling/felt right? Listen to us, we understood you" something like that. They were always really connected with their songs so their artistic side really helped GP to see them on a more serious note.

Do they have problems? Yes. Did they build their career as "perfect dolls"? No. They never used the "we are good example, follow us", they are "just listen to our songs, they are great".

This is my opinion.

Well said. Sometimes i also dont understand the koreans cancel culture. They are here to sell music not their life to u. In the west, who cares about how douchebag you're. People still turn into your music if they're good.

Maybe something to do wkth the whole"idol" thing. So i rather call them artists than idol

• Their discography is untouchable.

That's why.

The group who releases the best music and sets the trend with every comeback.

They're just on another level, a level they made by themselves.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well said. Sometimes i also dont understand the koreans cancel culture. They are here to sell music not their life to u. In the west, who cares about how douchebag you're. People still turn into your music if they're good.

Maybe something to do wkth the whole"idol" thing. So i rather call them artists than idol

Actually the whole kpop image in s.k. is a risky move tbh, but since the beginning BB distanced themselves of this whole play and just were themselves. The fact the in 2010 GD were talking about his girlfriends and love life in television shows how they always showed that they are artists, not just an image that sells. They really put all relevance on their songs!

• I would say their reputation

I mean I wasn't around when they blew up or during their "rise" but I know of them and what they've done to and for kpop

so to me it's their reputation...

like a restaurant - one might have a fav restaurant because you been to that restaurant numerous times enough for it to be a good restaurant for you- you like the food/service/prices/quality etc etc it's reputation is that of a good restaurant

the same can be said of BB I guess

• built over their artistic reputation for more than a decade, notable and relevant members plus being a group of men making it easier to get away scott free with all those scandals.

• It's because they are successful in building their career as a BRAND not just an idol group which will be disband later on. Same goes with IU. Both of them build their career by making music that they thought will suitable for them and received well by the audience especially Korean.

Maybe, the freedom that given to them in making their music also contribute to it.

• YG always have good longetivity with their artists even by starving their fandom really hard

Starving or not is IRRELEVANT in BIGBANG case. They have proven with MADE back-to-back releases all charted well. No other artist than Bigbang could release 2 songs every month for consecutive 4 months and get them chart on top3, every single of them.

And not just the first few songs do well. The last one did extremely well too.

• Starving or not is IRRELEVANT in BIGBANG case. They have proven with MADE back-to-back releases all charted well. No other artist than Bigbang could release 2 songs every month for consecutive 4 months and get them chart on top3, every single of them.

And not just the first few songs do well. The last one did extremely well too.

I dont know if it was the MADE series and i dont know if it was Melon or Gaon, but i remember reading that BB managed to chart THREE songs in the top five for one year. Imagine having not one, not two, but three songs in the top five of an entire year. Aint no other Kpop act coming close to this, and i dont even know if IU has done it.

• I dont know if it was the MADE series and i dont know if it was Melon or Gaon, but i remember reading that BB managed to chart THREE songs in the top five for one year. Imagine having not one, not two, but three songs in the top five of an entire year. Aint no other Kpop act coming close to this, and i dont even know if IU has done it.

Believe it was the earlier days with lies haru haru etc. During MADE, it was much harder to chart songs for so long. All 8 songs from MADE charted very well and all achieve roof hits on Melon. I just cant understand why some want to associate bigbang's and likewise blackpink's success with "starving" rationale and undermine their success. They have over the times proven this is not the case with MADE series and The Album.

• One thing i was shocked by with this song was just how good Taeyang and especially Daesung sounded. Their vocals were extremely impressive, and the producer did a great job of enhancing their colors without overdoing it. TOP killed it with his distinct vocals and rap flow. GD was actually the weakest of the bunch frankly, something was off with his vocals during his rap.

• One thing i was shocked by with this song was just how good Taeyang and especially Daesung sounded. Their vocals were extremely impressive, and the producer did a great job of enhancing their colors without overdoing it. TOP killed it with his distinct vocals and rap flow. GD was actually the weakest of the bunch frankly, something was off with his vocals during his rap.

Feel like those mellow vocal parts are more suitable for Seungri's vocal color than GD most of the times. Good example is Blue where I think Seungri sounded the best. GD hits harder with his distinctive Raps

• I dont know if it was the MADE series and i dont know if it was Melon or Gaon, but i remember reading that BB managed to chart THREE songs in the top five for one year. Imagine having not one, not two, but three songs in the top five of an entire year. Aint no other Kpop act coming close to this, and i dont even know if IU has done it.

It is GAON in 2015. Yes, BB is the only one did that, IU also managed to charted top 10 for 3 songs in 2014, but one of the song she is only featuring it.

• It is GAON in 2015. Yes, BB is the only one did that, IU also managed to charted top 10 for 3 songs in 2014, but one of the song she is only featuring it.

The songs were,

Friday - IU Ft Jang Yijeong

NSLoCB - IU & High 4

Meaning of you - IU ft Kim Chang Won.

Friday, she wrote the lyrics, composed the song and sang.

Though NSLoCB is "officially" High4, she has 50% or more the lines, was the lyricist.

Meaning of you - of course was a remake of Kim Chang Wan's old hit.

In all three IU is the first credit, others are the features

I don't think it is any less comparable to Big Bang's 2015 achievement.

Soloists can use collaboraters, because they don't have the variety of voices available to groups.

• BigBang is targeted more like a band than kpop. The group's music and message Targets everyone their music isn't just aimed at their fans or targeted specifically to women. Like the vast majority of kpop boybands are . Where almost every song is a love song about some girl or this that about my fans. Or only looking for and acknowledging female fans. That's why BigBang is king amongst everyone for years because they targeted everyone anyone who came across them were welcome male or female the members themselves acted this way and so was their music targeted that way. Being a vip wasn't nessecary. This is the total opposite of almost any kpop group be it ateez exo got7 nct even BTS the overwhelming majority of these groups cater to a younger fan base of specifically girls. Think American NSYNC backstreet boys jonas brothers. Yes very popular but not something the gp and others outside of the fandoms care much about because they are not the target audience of them. Where as BigBang is more like the beetles everyone was the target audience you didn't need to be a fan or specific demographic to be easily welcomed to the beetles

• Of course it is not undermining, whether it is top 5 or 10 it still impressive to achieve that. I just thought NSLOCB is High 4 song and IU just featuring in it. It seems my memory is vague for it. :pepe-hehe:

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!