Numerical example to explain GP999 Voting

• This is not to discredit the rankings of trainees. This is more of an insight or breakdown on the math (isn't even really math more like common sense) behind the voting

I said it before in another thread that I expect that among the top 9, if there were Japanese trainees they would rank very high and I was right

Lets say for example we have 10,000 voters

• Note that in the voting you have to pick 3C, 3K, and 3J
    • Comparing the trainees, K group has a lot more diversely known trainees, followed by C group, and finally J group. This is important
    • Among the J group, there are 3 really notable trainees that got a lot of screentime, Hikaru/Yurina/Mashiro. To some extent Ririka/Shanna/Reina, but those 3 are not on the level of the earlier mentioned 3.
    • The 4th most popular J trainee is May, which might not be because of her screentime in the show because it's close to nonexistent, but because she is a Cherry Bullet member
    • Because of that, out of the 10,000 voters, if they were to be forced to choose to vote 3 J trainees, the very obvious ones to vote would be Hikaru/Yurina/Mashiro because those 3 are literally the only 3 we know from screentime alone
    • In that case, out of 10,000 voters, very very likely maybe 9000 of them for example voted those 3 trainees, and maybe 1000 voted 1 or 2 out of those 3, and their other votes for May/Ririka/Shanna/Reina or other J trainees
    • This explains why those 3 are ranked so high individually. I'm not saying they are not popular, but the way the votes are forced onto the voters would explain why the results were like that
    • This is different for C group and K group because there is a wider selection of trainees that are known. Like yes Yujin everyone knows her but not everyone would vote for her because there are many other K trainees that voters love, compared to J trainees where everyone most likely just select Hikaru/Yurina/Mashiro by default.

I would think when it comes down to 1 or 2 votes per category, or when it comes down to just 1 pick, the results would be very different. I'm not saying the J trainees are not popular, but I do think their popularity is inflated because of the voting system.

It hence shouldn't come to you as a surprised that the rankings are evenly 3/3/3 unless you fail math

What do you guys think?

• Exactly. J-Group is the least popular overall group, but with the current system the most popular of the J-Group will do the best

And at this point Yurina, Mashiro, & Hikaru are a wall compared to everyone else in the group & are popular enough in the general show, let alone amongst people who’ll need to find someone who they’ll give their J-votes too

• I am very concerned for Yurina she is one of my favorites and the person voted #1 in the first elimination always makes the final group (or would have) so far

But there is a very real possibility she does not

Fans were asked to vote in 4 completely different Polls

1 for which 3 Cells they wanted to save from Elimination

1 for which 3 J-Group Contestants they liked the most for ranking

1 for which 3 K-Group Contestants they like the most for ranking

and 1 for which 3 C-Group Contestants they like the most for ranking

Then they took all 3 Group results and melded them together into a ranking that tells you very very little about their relative popularity

Yurina was the most voted Girl for a "Top 3 position in J-Group", she won that Poll in almost all Countries including Korea (by a fair margin)

Top 3 position in J-Group means literally nothing in the context of Final Group unless you are convinced all 3 Nations are equally popular with voters

If you need proof they are not just look at this and take note of which Group more aligns (and thus influenced) the Elimination Cell voting the most

FIRST RANKING.png

As weird as it may sound after watching that Ranking Reveal, Young Eun might actually be more popular than her 2 Cell Mates Xiao Ting and Yurina

• As weird as it may sound after watching that Ranking Reveal, Young Eun might actually be more popular than her 2 Cell Mates Xiao Ting and Yurina

I was looking back through my old comments searching for some of my previous posts about how concerned I was for Yurina's chances even back then, and I found this

Is this not the Prediction of the Century?, I said this back on the 4th September when Yurina and Xiao Ting got #1 and #2, and YoungEun didn't even make the Top 9

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!