Posts by gerrard174

LSM was the same way, ego trumps everything with Korean men apparently. He wanted it to be "his" group that did the best.

LSM didnt cast any group aside to let aespa shine LMAO.

The only thing LSM being dragged by fans of other senior groups was that he tried to connect those groups into aespa's lore. There was no instance that older group forced to move away for aespa's comeback (not known to public)

The moster is waking up, OriginalJeans songs are on the move

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a favourable outcome

Hope HYBE sees this and rethink their priority

NewJeans will be fine but the quality will likely severely diminish. It's like when LSM left and although aespa's output since then has been pretty good alot of it hasn't reached Next Level/Savage quality for that reason. If HYBE tries that pushing towards the West strategy theyve done with all their artists they'll likely fall off a bit because not doing that was a big part of their appeal. But anyway if we should really be worrying about anything it's how the members are doing, those kids are YOUNG and this is a less than ideal situation to be put in

i beg to differ for the aespa part. I dont think Spicy and Drama are not on par with Savage and Next Level.

But i do think aespa was lucky that SM post LSM still pushing them with the same sound and concept. Note that despite Spicy was more bright, the sound is totally in aespa-core. And with this full album, they are coming back to Kwangya concept.

The same may or may not happen to Newjeans post MHJ departure. Bang PD either hold on to the promise to continue Newjeans with similar concept OR he could be resentful and just give them random comebacks. We will have to wait to find out but I'm not leaning to the former because ILLIT has debut with similar concept, logically Bang being the egoself will focus more on ILLIT and LSRF (this is not logical from biz pov but ego ..)

Cast your forecast here and come bacm visit after all is said and done.

Will NewJeans end up as Aespa 2.0 or FIFTY FIFTY 2.0?

Aespa survived the whole LSM issue and are now thriving despite them being product of LSM's vision. FF on the other hand totally screwed over cause the members sided with "betrayer".

I expect NewJeans to be affected because of MHJ departure. Hybe will keep them but without MHJ, not sure whether they will get similar creative input and/or whether HYBE gonna put more money for them or their new fave ILLIT

I see the same point with you too

Her holding grudge against lsrf debuting before NJ definitely planted a seed of hate in her against BangPD. But that itself cannot justify her being an employee turned her back on parent company.

From law point of view, she will lose regardless how much empathy and reasoning she has. Personal grudge cannot be justification for breach of trust.

3:50 p.m. Min breaks down into tears while she details escalating tensions between herself and HYBE's higher-ups. "A fight would've taken months, so I just said O.K. to the shares of the company after three months. I said that I felt like I was giving birth, and I really did. It would've been disgusting for me to say all this to the children, but I did tell the parents because they, too, were angry at HYBE. We had so much to say to HYBE. Then Park Ji-won came to us and told us not to promote NewJeans before Le Sserafim's debut, because they wanted people to think that Le Sserafim was Min Hee-jin's girl group."

This cant be real right..

So Bang PD used MHJ name to create hype for his GG which is LSRF

Believe me, it will be fanwar between NJ ILLIT and LSRF moving forward

3:44 p.m. "Anyway, Covid-19 came. [Bang] Si-hyuk and I started thinking differently," Min recalls. "[Bang] Si-hyuk said that he didn't know what to say, but I had a clear vision of what I wanted to do. [Bang] Si-hyuk didn't really like it. There were differences, but the moment that it fell apart was...HYBE really needs to look back on its actions. How could you treat me like this?' What angers me so much is in June, or July, in 2021, soon after Park Ji-won joined a young company from a game company, he wanted to become close to me, so we became friends. We're similar ages, too. Ji-won and Sung-jin said that HYBE's first girl group would have to be a new girl group from Source Music with Sakura and [Kim] Chae-won. I swore at them, saying, 'Are you out of your minds?' The trainees all came to me because it was going to be a Min Hee-jin girl group, not a Source Music girl group. I never knew that they were recruiting Sakura and Kim Chae-won, but then they said they were debuting that group first. I said I was going to quit and open a press conference. Park Ji-won asked me what he could do to make up for the situation."

So MHJ clearly hold grudge against LSRF

Hmm not sure if you got me.
    I'm not talking about fan boycotts. I'm talking about Hybe, as a company could potentially force a blacklisting by basically saying to various outlets (streamers, stores, distributors etc) "it's us or them".

Probably not in so many words as it'd be legally shakey ground, but theres ways around it.

ESPECAILLY when Hybe has alliances with powerful companies globally as well.

SM was able to do that to JYJ (those 3 who left TVXQ) and Jessica (who left SNSD). I believe HYBE at its current standing, is able to do so to almost everyone, especially those from smaller companies.

I am aware of this and I did use the term strategic partners in this thread above, I am surprised that the partnership is still actively ongoing this year given how we have not heard much on this partnership in the past year or so.

The whole strategic partnership was blown out of proportion when the hybe stans were calling it "HYBE bought YG" but in fact it was HYBE invested into YG+ as it was going to use YG+ as distributor

Actually in the industry, there are many strategic partnership than kpop stans might aware. JYP and SM both has stakes in FLO,