Posts by gerrard174

Yes. Even the best vocalists don't perform without at least some backtrack. Either they or Source really wanted to prove something because no kpop group doing these festivals have even been 80% live. I think they shouldn't have done it because they are a choreo heavy performance dance group. That is their strength. But I guess that encore did get to them.

Which i totally agree. They should have relied more on backtrack at certain parts and just focus on choreo (especially near ending of songs) cause they're a performance-centric group. If they dont put mics near their mouth and lipsync, no one will fault them. Lipsync is big no no but dancing without singing is more tolerable provided not overdone

Which again, thanks to the encore controversy, we are down to a super raw vocal performance with messy choreo - which choreo was supposed to be their strength

i really love Lesserafim but the girls were obviously trying so hard to SHOUT (instead of sing) over the backtracks... at some points, they even stopped dancing and instead just focus to SHOUT the lyrics out.

Imo they wouldnt be at current situation if there weren't overwhelming hates towards them for encore stages. Thank you knetizens for once again crashing confidence of another group.

Omg they were right

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Err technically all the colors have been used before.

Cyan was I've IVE jewel case

Yellow was After Like jewel case

Eleven are both red & black

Love dive used majority of the colors

After like phorobook album has 3 colors

They cant just choose 1 only to fit into their narrative LMAO

Because it's easy to recognize cheating on digital platform, cheating with physical sales is much easier and cheaper, too.

There were articles about 100s of albums rotting on the streets.

this kinda show how ignorant you are

If company fake the sales, they wouldnt even buy and then dump on the streets. Those albums rotting on the streets were bought by fans to join fansign events!!

Crazy that you would think a company mass buy and then dump on street. To leave evidence and get caught?!!

My intention wasn't to be sexist. Just my observation, from male fans online and male kpop fans i see in person, typically G-idle songs don't get much of a reaction. G-idle doesn't seem special to me, because i don't find their music or aesthetic eye-catching or special. That thought is completely independent of the make-up of their fans. Those were two completely different thoughts.

There are tons of popular groups that don't seem special to me. That has little to do with their fans being primarily male or female. Heck, most kpop groups are majority female fans, because its a very female dominated genre. IF i was gonna shit on every group with more female fans, there probably wouldnt be a single group i'd be able to like LOL.

I regularly go to kpop club nights in my area, and there WAY, and i mean WAY fewer guys who attend than girls (easily 9-1), so the guys typically hangout and are pretty close. From my experience, Queencard comes on, and all the girls go crazy while the guys are just meh. I legit didn't even recognize the song at first. Just an observation, not saying women taste in kpop are less valid.

bro probably dont hangout with the gays.

Queencard is a sure fire hit with the demography

That only applies to artists who haven't established themselves. For established artists, it's completely normal to have a mix of high charting and low charting singles throughout their career. Even people like Beyonce and Taylor Swift occasionally release singles that don't chart so well (or at all).

while i agree one or two singles that dont chart well wont kill your career, the "singles" by the western artists are very different from the Kpop ones. Western artists release multiple singles (nowadays not as many as the past due to streaming era). The lead single is equivalent to "preel"title track" of kpop comeback. And in kpop, title track is all that matter (most of the time).

If a western artist's lead single flops, it is actually a big deal cause it basically confirms the lack of interest. Flopping of 2nd and subsequent singles are normal since post album release, performance of singles very much dependent on the song going viral or radio support.

On the same token, kpop groups/artists that have a flop title track basically means doom for the era and see you in next comeback. Only under very exceptional case that a comeback with flop title track can be saved by album track / follow-up tracks. Fate by GIDLE is an example (Super Lady didnt flop though it underperformed). So the importance of title track performing well in kpop is as important as western artists' lead single.

(In many cases, western artists who had their lead single flopped will just labelled those as "buzz single" and then proceed to release another lead single in hope to get better response)

Pretty much in line with expectation.

Ahyeon and Chiquita are most popular.

It is kinda expected that Pharita and Rami (the vocal duo) are the least popular ...

Im just glad that rora is not the least popular cause girl is so talented but YG gave her crumbs only in term of lines

I mean, at least theres a semblence of "meaning". Or real world parallel. It's lazy yeah but not outright gibberish.

Itzy, or the hangul spelling, 있지, does have a meaning though. 있지 in Korean means "to have" or "have it"/"got it". A western girl group call Got It or I Got It wouldnt be too weird.

aespa = Esper, a term used a lot in science fiction to mean a person with psychic powers, or astral projection, or a supernatual being or just general mystical fantasy/scifi magitechnobabble. It kind of fits with their original concept of virtual worlds and avatars.

Bro i und the meaning of the names. I was quoting the other users who mock made-up English words.

GIQjt7CWAAEstr8?format=png&name=large

Instead of only comparing With YOU-th to READY TO BE and nothing else, maybe consider that READY TO BE was an relative outlier in sales when compared to everything else they put out too?

I think you get the wrong idea here

no one is saying Twice's sales is not good

But there were some onces which dragged other groups for selling less than last release, ONLY to have the same happened to Twice. These were in another thread. This minion's thread is just mocking the other thread

If anything, selling less than last album is not really a big deal unless it happens consecutively which signal decline.

The last thing I want is for NewJeans to follow BlackPink's trajectory. I want to actually consistently get music from them.

But it seems like MHJ is going the Blackpink's trajectory... OOPS

Actually it is not really a bad thing. IMO the burn out rate is lower when the group doesnt have 5 comebacks per year. Both for fans and casual listeners. You see how the GP got bored of Gfriend and Twice after their prime years due to overexposures. The same also happened in the western music scene with Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.

#staystrong

Maybe MHJ is targeting Japan for 2024? It seems like her plan is mostly geared for Japan debut + promotion + fanmeeting.

But at same time, they cannot afford to negligate korea, so they are going to do back-and-forth promo on both countries. To me sounds like a win-win situation BUT could also result in lose-lose if NewJeans lose its grip on korea.. we shall see.

In regard to hiatus and release time, pretty sure NJ will follow BP (or YG) footstep in term of slower releases and longer hiatus. I dont see MHJ able to do a year long hectic release schedule like SouMu able to churn out for LSRF. MHJ is the mastermind of NJ and its promotional schedule so I think with 1-man show, it will be SLOW (just like how BP's comeback was all hinged on YHS and Teddy)

im slightly confused

So in May we will get 1 korean song (title) and 1 japanese song (whcih will be ads song for japan)?

In june we will get 1 japanese song (title) and 1 korean song (for ad)?

This combo is "interesting"... or maybe they just mean that each song will have both korean+japanese versions..