General Public GP

• Usually in the kpop world, the general public refers to people who are not fans of a specific thing. Whether it be a singer,rapper,dancer, actress etc. Around here the general public is used to measure a artist's fame. For example, how well does the general public know a specific artist. Today, I will be breaking down the most common different levels of GP/Public in what people consider the "West" that I have seen that related to kpop and placing the kpop artists the specific level of public knows. Note: I will not include all levels.

1. The Kpop Fan

Your usual kpop fan. Stans one or more kpop groups and knows a lot of popular kpop artists and maybe even more. For example-BTS, Blackpink, NCT, Twice, Exo, IU, BigBang etc.

2. The Popular Artist/Artists In Their Country Fan

Basically people that stan artist from their country. If we take the U.S-Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Selena Gomez, Dua Lipa etc. This is the person I used to be right before I became a kpop fan. Kpop artist this specific type of public knows or have heard of are BTS and Blackpink.

3. The Casual Listeners

The people that don't really stan any artist. They might look some songs that they have heard and listen to them. These type of people most likely knows some popular artists but don't really stan them. This is an example of me around 2018. These type of people may or may not have have heard of BTS or Blackpink. Unless they are a person that might keep up someone like Selena Gomez or Dua Lipa they most likely don't know Blackpink. For BTS, it is a hit or miss. In my case it was a hit. I had heard of BTS just ignored them.

4. The Purposely Put On The Car Radio Listeners

These are the people that just play the radio for fun. Don't really care who the artist is. They might know some popular artist but don't care. These people might have heard Dynamite but does not that BTS sang it.

5. The I Don't Know Any Popular Artist/ or Barely Know

These people have a few different categories.

The I Did Not Purposely Put The Radio On People

These people have the radio on. But they did not put them on purpose. Either they got the car with the radio playing or their kids put them on. These guys don't know any popular artist unless they are on Michael Jackson level. Whether it be Ariana Grande or Justin. These people don't have a clue the hell is singing on that radio and they most likely don't even listen to what is on the radio. A good example of these people are my parents. These people don't know BTS, Blackpink unless someone they know are fans of them.

The I Don't Have The Song Radio On People

These people don't have the radio on and they probably never will. They are the kind of people that listen to the news radio. These people probs don't know any musical artist. They may know people like Michael Jackson or something but that's it.

The I Actually Don't Any Musical Artist

These people don't know any musical artist. Whether it be Michael Jackson or The Beatles. These guys don't know and probably don't care.

Special Mention

The Old Musical Artist Fan

These people are the people that are fans of older artist. The Beatles, Queens or Michael Jackson. They don't know any new popular artist or barely know them. These people most likely don't know any kpop artists.

• Justin Bieber, Dua Lipa and Ed Sheeran aren't from the US how dare you!!!!!!

I mean, this post really demonstrates how meaningless "gp" is.

I will say though that you missed the classification of, like.. music fans.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!