song that got you into kpop??

• for me it was the iconic, girls' generation's 2011 hit song, the boys

i remember i was 9 and switching channels when i came across the intro of the song playing

little me was amazed by how beautiful and charismatic the girls were, especially jessica and sunny

& i still get chills today every time i go and watch the music video again.

it's the best kind of nostalgia

• msn-meesan

Changed the title of the thread from “song that made you interested in kpop??” to “song that got you into kpop??”.
  • I knew Gangnam Style, Gentleman, Gee, Run Devil Run and Fantastic Baby but I never knew that those songs were kpop.

The song that really got me into kpop was this song :lover3:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not a kpop song but I saw this clip of Rosie back in 2018 and fell in love

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lonely by 2NE1 I think? I knew of some kpop songs even before that (Fire, I Don't Care, Nobody, Gangnam Style, Run Devil Run, Ma Boy, etc.) but I think that's the one that made me look up other songs by 2NE1 and by extension other groups as well.

• I knew about kpop passively

back around 2011-ish like Gee, I am the Best, After School/Orange Caramel even some lesser known groups if I go back and check the names

Didn't become what you'd call a kpop stan until maybe 2014-15. I think I got really invested when I heard Call Me Baby

There were some other songs around that time to but I can't be for sure unless I go get my old phone lmao

EXO was just the first group I think I truly stanned, thus the username

They really made me go find the kpop side of iFunny

7e48b7a2e3bb5f0e33136e9a64e9326294d53eb2.jpg

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

• External Content youtu.be

• I've got a lot of almost gateway songs, but it took a while for me to actually get into the Kpop world.

- Gangnam Style was the first Kpop song I heard, but it didn't make me get into it.

- I want to say Blackpink - Kill This Love was the first Kpop video I saw after that. Their music videos are incredible, and I checked out their other songs, but their discography was miniscule, so I never really went any further with Kpop beyond the 3 1/4 BP songs I liked at the time.

- I started watching this youtuber who edits music videos and reviews MV editing and the costuming in the thumbnail for Stray Kids - God's Menu intrigued me. Watched it and the song slapped + toxic masculinity was non-existent and I was here for that. Watched his video review of Agust D - Daechwita also because the thumbnail looked cool (didn't know he was in BTS). I was pretty much just listening to those 2 songs at this point, not intending to go any further.

- I somehow came across the video for Stray Kids - Side Effects and that pretty much convinced me to just fall down the Kpop rabbit hole. The exact moment I was 100% convinced was when the narrator started listing side effects. I'm really a sucker for experimental shit and I haven't heard anything that experimental in pop music in a very long time. This just did it for me to a point where it might be one of my favorite songs of all time, which is saying a lot.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• OMG, I love Side Effects so much. But most people don't like the song. :pepe-comfy: Glad to see someone who loves the song like me. It was also a song that solidified me as STAY.

• OMG, I love Side Effects so much. But most people don't like the song. :pepe-comfy: Glad to see someone who loves the song like me. It was also a song that solidified me as STAY.

Yeah, it seems like people either hate it or recognize it as the masterpiece that it is :pepe-smug:

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• External Content www.youtube.com

Hey there~

6807349f784b6d7bd92a7b58e7f1047b963fd499.gifv

• The 2nd Gen when I became a fan in 2011.

Mr Simple

I am the Best

So Cool

Bubble Pop

Lucifer

Genie

Hot Summer

Keep your Head Down

And many more.

They also became my favourite of those groups.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• I saw Hyuna in gangnam style and went searching. Then found this and decided to stay.

• Snsd gee got me pretty close but i just listen to the song and forget about it later lol. Gangnam style also got pretty close i watch it everyday coz how hillarious is it but again it doesnt get me to kpop. And then, i heard twice likey in radio and got interest by it. Go back home and try searching in on youtube. Oh boy, i got hooked instantly and watch all their mv after that and with that i successfully jump into the rabbit hole lol

• 2NE1 - Fire

Their energy and stage presence got me interested in kpop

• 2pm's Hands Up got me into the kpop world, although I became a hardcore hottest only after listening to the masterpiece that was 2pm's ADTOY

We don't stop (2), Can't stop (P), Until we reach the top (M)!

i really love kdrama ladies + soft boys Digital cover: Korean boy band member Nichkhun on life as a K-pop idol —  Hashtag Legend2PM talk love, marriage, new album with Cosmo

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!