Blackpink - Kill This Love

• I. Introduction

Kill This Love is the second Korean mini album by BLACKPINK.
    It was released on April 5, 2019 with "Kill This Love" serving as the album's title track and "Don't Know What to Do" as a sub-title track.

On digital platforms outside of Asia, the title track was initially released on the 4th as a standalone single. The entire album was subsequently released worldwide on the 5th at 12am local time.

II. Tracklist

1. Kill This Love

2. Don't Know What To Do

3. Kick It

4. Hope Not

5. Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (remix)

III. Music and Lyrics

Kill This Love is stomping, brassy electropop track with trap elements.

The song contains "blaring horns and martial percussion" with Rose and Jisoo leading the "impassioned" pre-choruses about breaking up.

The second track Don't Know What To Do is an EDM and pop song with throbbing bass, whistle-like hook and an acoustic guitar.

"Kick It", the third song, is a song with elements of Southern trap, synth bass and acoustic guitar.

The song is about telling past lovers: “I’m okay being alone / Don’t feel bad for me / I’m going to forget you now.

The fourth track, "Hope Not", is a soft acoustic pop rock ballad about break-up where the person has moved on from yearning to acceptance.

The closing track, "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (remix)" was described as a "quivering, womping club-ready Remix".

IV. MV and Album Tracks