How many bad comebacks in a row would it take for you to drop your faves?

• Personally for me, it would probably take about 3-5 but even then I don't trust myself to unstan. I like their personalities and other content too much that songs alone might not be enough, especially Twice and Seventeen. GoSe is even one of my main entertainments these days

ApprehensiveThinBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

• Depends on how well established they are. Dreamcatcher, Monsta X, BP I would never drop. But since Purple Kiss is new, maybe 2 comebacks? I love the members so much though ;(

• I'd give 3 consecutive chances and if at 4th they manage to give a shitty title track again I would drop.

With Monsta X, I disliked Alligator, Follow and (kinda) Fantasia, so 3 consecutively (at least they had great bsides to compensate). I was already less enthusiastic about new content because I thought MX lost their passion but then they delivered Love Killa and I fell in love again and Gambler was even better. It was worth not giving up on them.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don't know... I feel like I would always take an interest in their next come back.

I guess I would totally unstan if I become really bitter, and constantly hating on the new songs. At some point I'll take a step back : 'alright buddy, maybe this is just not for you anymore, move along'.

• If I was a very early fan experiencing then as a new group then if there was a string of maybe 2 or 3 CBs I didn't like then I might move on

However after becoming a fan relatively quickly and being a huge fan still to this day its pretty much impossible for me to to drop them if they start releasing bad music (though it's more of question if they ever well release music lol)

• depends on the group, but I think it's usually 2. I kinda became a casual stan for G-idle & Red Velvet after being disappointed with 2 comebacks in a row. But I'm surprised I have a lot of patience when it comes to BTS. I remember being disappointed with their CBs, 4 times in a row. Hopefully, I loved Butter & PTD.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I'd say 3 but I don't know that sounds like a lot

In Super Junior's case they basically make 1 comeback a year or less so that would be more than 3 years lol, I genuinely think I'd unstan if they spent 3 years releasing bad music (thankfully that's unrealistic, they're in charge of their own musical sound and I stanned them long enough to trust that even if they pick a questionable title track they'll still definitely have many great bsides)

It's different with NCT because they have several units and would definitely have at least 3 comebacks a year, I think it's also unrealistic for all units to simultaneously release bad music 3 or more times in a row.

• I don't really know.

I've yet to drop a group completely tbh. That isn't to say that I don't lose interest after 2-3 "bad" comebacks in a row, but my love for the artist can be just as easily reignited.

I don't think I've ever gone from "omg I love this group!" to "I hate them!!".

Right now I'm not really checking BTS content for example and I didn't even hate any of their comebacks... (OK, I did hate Permission to Dance).

It happens. It's not the first time and I'm optimistic that my feelings will change again with one of their next efforts.

• Official Post

If it's just a case of not liking the title track, that's not a big deal to me. If it were a case of several comebacks in a row being indicative of a change in sound overall that I didn't like then I would probably just stop listening to their newer music as much. I wouldn't necessarily drop them over it because I'd still enjoy their past work.

• To me no one really unstans a group. You will still listen I their past releases and enjoy their music/memories. You only end up being less interested.

2020 was a bad year for Twice for me. I didn't unstan them but became less interested in them as I don't keep with their variety shows, etc. However I still like them enough to consider myself a fan. Thank god they released Alcohol Free his year as it was a year since a liked a title track from them.

• My faves are my faves I dont think I would drop them.

where that Kai laugh from?

• i like to say that you can be a fan of the artist, the music or both

i stan seventeen for music and personality, whereas i stan korean based nct units only for personality and big bang only for music

this is my personal view so with this mindset - bad comebacks doesn't make a difference as long as i vibe with their personalities and vibe

• Maybe 3? I don't stan any groups but BTS, but I follow a few. if there's several meh comebacks in a row or fewer b-sides i'm hype about, then i'll gradually lose interest in following them (Mamamoo, BB, SVT, MX, Winner) but then they can always get me back with good songs again (Twice)

Meanwhile, for BTS, as long as at least their solos good i'll keep following. They're really really testing my patience this year musically but RM's solo works have been good so... :pepefrog:

• I’ve already ditched SuJu now as the last few songs just haven’t appealed to me. I feel their music has declined over the years and I don’t pay any attention to them anymore. I had been a fan since 2011 so have given them a fair go.

• I have basically unstanned EXO. But im still a casual, because i will check out their future comebacks.

I guess it takes me about 3 to 4 comebacks for me to unstan, as I kept on giving them chances, due to liking the members and most Bsides. The downward spiral of title tracks started from kokobop (with the exception of universe), until I dropped them recently. So...about 3 to 4 years of chances, based on calculation.

• My faves are my faves I dont think I would drop them.

where that Kai laugh from?

It’s from this :eyes: :eyes:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It all depends on what's on the album. If there is at least 1 song, I'll get that. If it's an artist or group who only had decent title tracks and those start to get weak too, 2-3 strikes with increasing levels of disappointment. If a group can do better, but they aren't meeting their potential, eventually I'm going to start roasting them.

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• 4 in a row. i know you might say "oh but the personalities, oh but this that" but in the end of the day i came for music, if the music is ass to me why should i continue liking themusic? ill never hate the members and ill still watch their content time to time, but if there aint no more tracks that suit my taste whats the point?

it doesnt matter cause im open minded to most songs. the only type of songs that are hit or miss for me are girl crush/badass which most of the groups i stan dont do it.

• It’s from this :eyes: :eyes:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love his laugh and him tbh

• 2 maximum - I am a fan of artists primarily for their music and nothing else. If I personally don't like the music - I'm out!

I would probably still maintain enough interest to at least check out new title tracks in the first month of release

I'm in the same boat. My time and my ears are precious and I have no time for flops :siptear:

.... when I can flop on my own :cryingr:

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!