Who are best producers/songwriters in kpop community?

• Usually people are fans of idols only but I wanted to know if there are few producers whom you find really consistent and good at their job, help me with your experience.

It can be idol producers too if there are some, I just want to create a good playlist regardless of kpop group.

• Edenary & Hongjoong for Ateez

Tag and Jongwoo with One Pact

I would say Win.L for ABLUE but he just left the group *sobs*

Ateez

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

One Pact:

ABLUE

• Ahh also Doy with Nomad

• Black Eyed Pilseung, also known as STAYC abeoji

they're duo of producers and before they've created STAYC their produced songs for Sistar, Miss A, APink, TWICE, and many other girl groups

Brave Brothers

altough name suggests they are brothers it's actually one person, he was working in YG then moved out and started work on his own, he produced songs for AOA, 4minute, Sistar, but for younger generation he is known mostly as producer of Brave Girls

Ryan Jhun

produced for Lee Hyori, SPICA, f(x), Red Velvet, Tayeon,

in recent years he is known for his work with Oh My Girl, IU, LOONA,

but he put a platinum hat over that, and is credited for 24 songs of IVE! (crazy number btw)

Shinsadong Tiger

tons of successful songs and works but he is mostly known for Momoland - Bboom Bboom, as well as multiple EXID hit songs

in 2021 he debuted his first girl group TRI.BE

sadly he passed away in february 2024

honorable mention

collapsedone

basically another girl group producer, who produced most songs for TWICE, fromis_9, and NiziU

he also worked with Kim Sejeong, (G)I-DLE, and wooah

he is JYP in-house producer

• This too is very detailed, thank you so much, I'll listen everything here.

• also as no one mentioned Teddy Park

just saying...

but hey that's kind of obvious isn't it?

• Suga is an amazing producer.

Not sure if you would listen to this, but he also produced a version of the Samsung Galaxy song that's pretty amazing:

He also produced a song for PSY that he also featured in both the song & MV, but I don't really like it that much tho it grew on me, but here it is just in case you like it: 😛

• Always interesting the amount of disinformation that appears when people talk about producers and composers in Kpop.

Ateez person mentioned Hongjoong and then linked two songs of which Hongjoong has no music/production credit.

Ryan Jhun for IVE role is a facilitator - he's not making their songs, he's buying the songs for IVE. So most of those IVE songs the main producer is loads of different people.

Someone lists Teddy then lists a remake of a 80's song rather then his own extensive catalogue of songs.

I like the idea OP, it's a pity the answers have given you ill-directed information.

• Jaden Jeong. I think he's controversial because of the mess that was Loona's management, but the stuff he worked on for Loona 2016-2019 was solid gold. I know he works on TripleS now (not sure if he's producer) but their output is also good. Whatever controversy the man knows some things.

Also Kenzie, OG sm producer, has her name on hella songs from peak era EXO, Red Velvet, SNSD, etc.

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

314f6d45bba4af73b4a09fde553ceeb7fefb3df2.gifv

• I prefer to be addressed by my name rather than being generalized as 'Ateez Person.' Regarding the music production team at KQ Entertainment, it's important to recognize the collaborative effort. Hongjoong, working closely with EDENARY, contributes significantly to Ateez's music, handling various roles including writing, arranging, and composing. While his name may not always be individually credited as the sole producer, his contributions are integral to the process. Therefore, when referring to 'EDENARY,' it inherently includes Hongjoong's involvement.

His Credits you can see for yourself on Komca. Search 10020014

Searching Works | KOMCA

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.png

I want to re-iterate that even MNET showed him working on their song in Kingdom

you know this one:

Screenshot_10.png

What's fascinating to me is that in nearly all of the credits:

Hongjoong is found in the lyrics, recorded by and digital editing and more

Digital editing can be considered a component of music production, but it's not the entirety of what producing entails. Producing involves a broader range of responsibilities beyond just editing, such as guiding the artistic direction, selecting songs, arranging the music, working with musicians, engineers, and vocalists, making decisions about instrumentation and sound, and providing overall creative direction throughout the recording process.

So his composing, writing and arranging along with digital editing all has to do with producing.

Regarding my previous statements, all references in the credits of the highlight medley on Ablue indicate the involvement of Winl and you across all aspects. As well as the videos themselves with One Pact showing Tag as the producer. Similarly, in Nomad, Doy is credited comprehensively, including in a behind-the-scenes video for one song where he collaborated with Cha Cha in production. Therefore, my assertions remain accurate.

• (cracks knuckles)

Can I ask how long you've been into kpop and some of the ones you already know? If you have done some searching then you probably have heard of some of the biggest producers like B.I, Jihoon (Woozi), G Dragon, the BTS members, JayB, SeungYoun, Mino, Heize, Zico, Nam Tae Hyun, Hui & Wooseok of Pentagon and possibly Bumzu.

Depending on what you are looking for I will recommend the favourites that I personally follow and love their music and the stuff they produced.

#1. boycold. (Jung Sungwon) (Found the producer because of the agency School Rapper and Show Me The Money).

What he has produced.

External Content open.spotify.com

Some of my favourite music releases.

I actually just wrote an article about Siheon on another site so since its still fresh in my mind about his producing work, I'll link some of it here! 😊✌🏻

#2. My Man the one and only: Siheon (Formerly of NOIR). (https://www.instagram.com/kim.si.heon/, Producer New Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/villainx_official/)

He does a LOT of work for Brave Entertainment groups such as DKB. I was a big big fan of DKB not to long ago so it was cool to see my bias doing some work for them.

빌런즈 VILLAINX on Instagram: "2023 . 8 . 14 . 08. #다크비 #말했잖아 REMIX #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #DKB #BRAVESOUND #차쿤 #엘루이 #제이식스 #일레븐 #CHAKUN #ELLUII #J6 #1LLEVEN #VILLAINXMUSIC #프로듀서 #작곡가 #작사가 #Kpop #Idol"
    7 likes, 2 comments - villainx_official on August 14, 2023: "2023 . 8 . 14 . 08. #다크비 #말했잖아 REMIX #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #DKB…
    www.instagram.com

빌런즈 VILLAINX on Instagram: "2023 . 11 . 30 . DKB 7th mini [#HIP] [#TITLE] #다크비 #WhatTheHell #작사 #작곡 #편곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed #Arranged by #VILLAINX #DKB #BraveSound #Kpop #IDOL #빌런즈 #VILLAINX #빌런즈뮤직 #CHAKUN"
    9 likes, 0 comments - villainx_official on November 30, 2023: "2023 . 11 . 30 . DKB 7th mini [#HIP] [#TITLE] #다크비 #WhatTheHell #작사 #작곡 #편곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics…
    www.instagram.com

빌런즈 VILLAINX on Instagram: "2023 . 8 . 20 . 03. #브레이브걸스 #하이힐 #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #BRAVEGIRLS #BRAVESOUND #차쿤 #엘루이 #제이식스 #일레븐 #CHAKUN #ELLUII #J6 #1LLEVEN #VILLAINXMUSIC #프로듀서 #작곡가 #작사가 #Kpop #Idol"
    7 likes, 0 comments - villainx_official on August 21, 2023: "2023 . 8 . 20 . 03. #브레이브걸스 #하이힐 #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #BRAVEGIRLS…
    www.instagram.com

빌런즈 VILLAINX on Instagram: "2023 . 8 . 14 . [#TITLE] 01. #다크비 #말했잖아 #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #DKB #BRAVESOUND #차쿤 #엘루이 #제이식스 #일레븐 #CHAKUN #ELLUII #J6 #1LLEVEN #VILLAINXMUSIC #프로듀서 #작곡가 #작사가 #Kpop #Idol"
    15 likes, 0 comments - villainx_official on August 14, 2023: "2023 . 8 . 14 . [#TITLE] 01. #다크비 #말했잖아 #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #DKB…
    www.instagram.com

빌런즈 VILLAINX on Instagram: "2023 . 6 . 14 . 05. #다크비 #I_NEED_LOVE (#Outro) #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #DKB #BRAVESOUND #차쿤 #엘루이 #제이식스 #일레븐 #CHAKUN #ELLUII #J6 #1LLEVEN #VILLAINXMUSIC #프로듀서 #작곡가 #작사가 #Kpop #Idol"
    11 likes, 0 comments - villainx_official on June 14, 2023: "2023 . 6 . 14 . 05. #다크비 #I_NEED_LOVE (#Outro) #작사 #작곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed by #VILLAINX #DKB…
    www.instagram.com

@kim.si.heon on Instagram: "날씨 좋다"
    kim.si.heon on March 10, 2024: "날씨 좋다".
    www.instagram.com

Some of his producing work:

빌런즈 VILLAINX on Instagram: "2023 . 10 . 18 . 06. #킹덤 #모래성 #작사 #작곡 #편곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed #Arranged by #VILLAINX #KINGDOM #차쿤 #엘루이 #제이식스 #일레븐 #CHAKUN #ELLUII #J6 #1LLEVEN #VILLAINXMUSIC #프로듀서 #작곡가 #작사가 #Kpop #Idol"
    21 likes, 0 comments - villainx_official on October 17, 2023: "2023 . 10 . 18 . 06. #킹덤 #모래성 #작사 #작곡 #편곡 #빌런즈 #Lyrics #Composed #Arranged by #VILLAINX…
    www.instagram.com

#3. t024. (I just did an interview with these guys, they did some producing work with OnlyOneOf in the past but also release their own music and are some super chill guys!) I've been doing some research for the interview, here's some of their stuff as well!

Members. https://www.instagram.com/napiereal/

Producing Work.

Senji
    Kim Yoon-woo (Korean: 김윤우), known professionally as senji, is a South Korean singer-songwriter and composer - as well as part of the group CARMINE (칼마인),…
    onlyoneof.fandom.com

Nap!er
    Baek Woo-bin (Korean: 백우빈), known professionally as Nap!er, is a South Korean singer-songwriter and composer who is part of the hip-hop crew valueperhour…
    onlyoneof.fandom.com

Their latest release 'Cedarwood & Tangerine', 'Complete Me', 'FFY'.

#4. Code Kunst.

CODE KUNST on Instagram: "내 베프를 소개할게 요"
    141K likes, 593 comments - code_kunst on April 2, 2024: "내 베프를 소개할게 요".
    www.instagram.com

CODE KUNST on Instagram: "꽃과 고양이가 항상 곁에 있기를"
    80K likes, 472 comments - code_kunst on March 21, 2024: "꽃과 고양이가 항상 곁에 있기를".
    www.instagram.com

Some of my favourite works of his.

Some of his producing work.

#5. Bang Yongguk. (One of my top bias's + producers/writer).

This is him: https://www.instagram.com/bangstergram/p/C5uWd-XJmdP/?hl=en

He did this debut & this ttrack for JustB.

Some of his work:

#6. Go Young Ho. (Grizzly).

I'm just getting the answers back to his interview, his instagram as well seems to be working at the moment so I'm not sure if before they just got rid of all the posts to promote this new comeback but it does seem to be working as of now:

Who he is:

그리즐리 Grizzly on Instagram: "New"
    2,093 likes, 96 comments - gomgrizzly on April 23, 2024: "New".
    www.instagram.com

One of the newer artists I came across due to the friendship he has with the Pentagon members and buying them new soccer gear that my bias Shinwon thanked him for on Insta back when I had it. Realized that he was an artist I enjoyed.)

I write the profile on kpoprofiles for this artist, here are some that I know of for his producing work:

My Top Favourites in his works that I listen to the most:

• Some more work by Grizzly:

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 9.56.38 PM.png

• This is interesting information which normally i would not know, thanks for letting me know.

• Thank you for such detailed information, hearty (the finger one which idols usually make)

• :meme-fry-narrow:

What, I was being serious! Not only did she produce NewJean’s countless hits, she also produced for old legendary SM artists, such as for SNSD’s “Into The New World”! :-P

I admit I’m an ARMY, so I’m not necessarily on her side in the HYBE vs. Ador fight, (tho I’m honestly not sure WHO’S side I’m on because I admit I didn’t watch MHJ’s press conference or anything tho I’ve tried my best to kept up w/the megathread here and articles), but it’s undeniable that she’s produced countless legendary bops over the past few decades in KPOP!

• What, I was being serious! Not only did she produce NewJean’s countless hits, she also produced for old legendary SM artists, such as for SNSD’s “Into The New World”! :-P

I admit I’m an ARMY, so I’m not necessarily on her side in the HYBE vs. Ador fight, (tho I’m honestly not sure WHO’S side I’m on because I admit I didn’t watch MHJ’s press conference or anything tho I’ve tried my best to kept up w/the megathread here and articles), but it’s undeniable that she’s produced countless legendary bops over the past few decades in KPOP!

Sorry I was being funny, I know she is good producer. If you permit I will send you a shortened version of conference 4 min or something version.

• NekoMencer Sorry I’ve been having trouble replying because the 2nd page of the thread keeps crashing for me, so I’m replying to you just by tagging you instead of quoting you lol

But sure, I’d love a link to MHJ’s press conference, thank you!! :lover1:

she is something in that press conference lol

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!