How Seventeen have the best selling album in kpop but having low engagement and presence in social media?

• They are always behind in voting. Did they ever win number 1 in this?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How they lost against BP in mtv? The sales gap is too big for them to lose against Bp... But maybe just maybe as carat said, they're all adults so this is not game that they play.

Svt opened Tiktok in 2019 but their followers is lower than newer groups. They have 9.6m followers in tiktok yet just only in a year, Ive have 5.9m, Lsf have 7.7m, Nj have 9.8m. Jungkook already have 15m followers.

Their individual instagram followers also lower than expected. With their huge sales, they should have huge following in their individual social media too just like Bts and Bp. Mingyu have 11.5m followers there, the highest among the group. But Karina who just opened her ig this year already have 7.7m followers, which only behind him and the8 with 7.9m followers. All Skz members will surpass them sooner or later while only open their Ig in August this year.

In youtube, Svt also have lower followers than I expected.

Svt- 10.3m, Stray kids- 14.4m, Txt- 11.2m, Bts (former highest sales record holder) - 76.7m

To compare with Bts for example, Mot7 have 2.6m sales in first day and Fml 3.9m. Yet, their Instagram followers difference is so severe. The member with lowest followers in Bts have 44.8m, the most is 61.9m in only a year. While Svt, the highest is 11.2m and the lowest is 5m.

Where's the logic behind this? Even if half of their album sales coming from China, this is still a very weird situation with how Seventeen popularity and hype didn't match their album sales.

• Blossomin88

Changed the title of the thread from “How Seventeen have the best selling album in kpop but little presence in social media” to “How Seventeen have the best selling album in kpop but having low engagement and presence in social media?”.
  • some people have more time and effort and money to spend on bulk buying albums than on spamming a million votes a day across multiple platforms :pepe-shrug: it happens

not all fandoms act the same, no person is the same, don't know why yall always expect every group to turn out exactly the same way and then puzzle when they don't

• some people have more time and effort and money to spend on bulk buying albums than on spamming a million votes a day across multiple platforms :pepe-shrug: it happens

not all fandoms act the same, no person is the same, don't know why yall always expect every group to turn out exactly the same way and then puzzle when they don't

So, their fans love to buy their album but didn't want to follow them on social media?

I like this logic.

• But the biggest size indicators for any fandom are not spotify streams, youtube views or Instagram/twitter/tiktok followers but tour numbers.

There are so many singers who have everything you mentioned above but they can fill one arena. They can barely tour.

At the end of the day only tour numbers matter and 17 has that.

• But the biggest size indicators for any fandom are not spotify streams, youtube views or Instagram/twitter/tiktok followers but tour numbers.

There are so many singers who have everything you mentioned above but they can fill one arena. They can barely tour.

At the end of the day only tour numbers matter and 17 has that.

Did their tour number is higher than Bts and Bp?

• Most K-pop stans talk too much, they just spend their time arguing on social media they don’t buy, they don’t stream. Carats buy and now they stream. Soon Hybe will give them a true worldwide tour.

• Highest 1st Day Sales

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Assuming that there's a version for each member, the sheer size of Seventeen makes album inflation more likely for hardcore fans who stan all 13 members. Instead of buying 5-8 copies of an album for your average BG, they end up having to buy 13 to complete their collection for each comeback.

Wait!

Seventeen only has 13 members?

That math ain't mathing.

• The physical album comes in six versions: AM 5:26, PM 2:14, PM 10:13, Carat, Weverse Albums, and KiT.

For Seventeenth Heaven

There's a total of 14 photocards NOT including pre-orders PER member

that's 182 Photocards TOTAL

it's less then Ateez has with 3 album versions and 8 members and no individuals...so yeah that's not it.

The carat version comes with 4 per member (Carat Version is member based). The Weverse version comes with 3 KiT comes with 1 and the regular version has 6 different kinds per member.

So if you include all individual carat version albums that's a total of 18 albums. It sounds way worse then it is. But since you don't need to sit here and collect several carat versions to get all the photocards, buying 1 of each is enough to get your collection so fans are not bulk buying that. I don't know if weverse comes with all 3 or if you have to buy multiple. obviously you only need 1 KiT per member to get each photocard, so that's not being bulk bought.

They have more albums but less photocards....if you wanna compare the 500+ ateez had for their last album...this is a cakewalk. I know of other companies who release versions and member versions so Seventeen isn't the first nor the last to do this.

ATEEZ THE WORLD EP. 2 : OUTLAW
    photocards & benefits count as of 2023. 05. 24
    57 per member, 456 in total

Highlight's latest album came in 3 versions, and they had jewel cases per member. SF9 for the wave of 9 had 3 versions plus 6 jewel cases, each with various photocards.

With all that said:

Carats are probably the least problematic, I never see them engage in any drama or b.s, maybe that's why social media is so quiet...Hell I brag about Seventeen here myself and I'm a casual listener and I only see caratnotcarrot around. I would tag them in everything but I feel they'd be annoyed lol. I only use social media to keep up to date with my faves and casual faves and what's going on, I don't get into the drama/retweeting or controversy crap, and half the stuff that Seventeen has been accused of is, well, stupid shit. I commend them for supporting each other in tough times...Poor Joshua.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!