It would be great if Peak Time took judges from groups that were once underdogs

• It's not that the current judges aren't good, but I think the groups that used to be underdogs from non-big agencies are more suited to the theme of this show because they understand the struggle as groups from small agencies that have to compete with groups from big 3. Groups like Bts, Mamamoo, G-idle and Seventeen for example are more interesting for me to be the judges for this show. They have been in the position of these groups and I think they understand better how desperate all of those idols. I also think they have some tips to share as a group that doesn't come from a big agency and a group that was once completely ignored by everyone.

• Clearly you aren't familiar with all the shit Beast/Highlight went through....which is Gikwang

Or what Jay Park had to deal with over some old social Media post and had to leave 2pm

I'm sure they are more than fit to be judges up there. They know the struggles of being forced out of a group/company, having nothing, having to rebuild from scratch.

Highlight still can't perform any beast songs because of Cube. Jay Park came back as a soloist, created his own company and had to start over....

Not to even mention the shit poor Tiffany dealt with.

• To each of their own. If you talk about scandals type of struggle, every idols need to face it no matter what in their careers. What I mean here, those underdogs groups understand better about the struggle of being nugu and almost not make it in the sea of big 3 groups getting all the attention which more fits to this show's themed. Yes, every idols and groups has their own struggle but this shows is about nugu groups which those who used to be in that position feel closer to them. I mean, born rich people have their own struggle but it is same to what poor kids face? All of groups in this show didn't have chance to taste that glory yet, you know. Those who used to be in the same position with them yet able to make it obviously giving them more hope.

Some Bts members used to have part time jobs, Seventeen makes their own choreography and music because Pledis was broke and G-idle sold only hundreds of albums during their debut which all of this close to what those groups in this show face right now.

Some of the judges fits well with the themes but Jay park or Tiffany are obviously nope.

Edited 3 times, last by Flovell ().

• To each of their own. If you talk about scandals type of struggle, every idols need to face it no matter what in their careers. What I mean here, those underdogs groups understand better about the struggle of being nugu and almost not make it in the sea of big 3 groups getting all the attention which more fits to this show's themed. Yes, every idols and groups has their own struggle but this shows is about nugu groups which those who used to be in that position feel closer to them. I mean, born rich people have their own struggle but it is same to what poor kids face? All of groups in this show didn't have chance to taste that glory, you know. Those who used to be in the same position with them yet able to make it obviously giving them more hope.

Actually most of those groups have some popularity more than others, some of them are 2nd and 3rd gen groups that faced problems like TS FUCKING THEM OVER aka BXB who used to be TRCNG oh look Highlight went through that as Beast.

It's not just scandals. Imagine having to leave a group over one and not giving up your dream so you start from scratch, you create your own company and you REBUILD yourself when your group is still thriving...aka Jay Park.

It's the same scenario as trying to make it big with all the big 3 groups. You have Judges who went through those very situations you're trying to show here....People still don't really know who Highlight is, but you mention beast and people are all over them.

The show is for groups who disbanded, had trouble getting out there 'cause of covid, who just want a little boost of popularity etc. DKB is from Brave Brothers, they have several albums out but oh look Brave sucks. Ghost9 AMAZING ALBUMS, AMAZING MUSIC, Always on music shows and has great comebacks they just want a boost, same with BAE173, M.O.NT 3rd gen eating cd's like no tomorrow.

Let's go to the solo group number 24:00 OH LOOK there's BXB aka TRCNG's brother group Member MOON JONGUP FROM B.A.P both B.A.P AND TRCNG horribly treated and sued the fuck out of TS. You have GON who comes from one of my favorite silently disbanded groups Argon.

My Point is....You are trying to say there should be judges like black pink and bts and others who "worked their way from the bottom up" yet you fail to realize that Highlight had to do that after they got fucked over by Cube, that Jay Park had to work his way back from the bottom to the top to continue his dream. That Tiffany had to do the same thing for herself.

They are no different then the examples you gave. so "to each their own" as you said.

• Wow you're on fire here. Definitely didn't get you, tho. If Jay Park from nugu group, will he be in his position right now? He has tons of fans to support him, yet this nugu groups can be out of their group and never setting their foot again in this industry. And again I said, to each of their own. Or maybe you didn't read fully my reply as I actually edit it because I accidentally sent it before finish my words. And yep like I said this show is for nugu groups that need push, so? I just said how wonderful if the judges was once from underdogs groups and those used to be in their position as they understand them better. Again, everyone face different struggle and it will be nice if those who face the exact same problems like them to mentor those groups. Relax, lol.

• Wow you're on fire here. Definitely didn't get you, tho. If Jay Park from nugu group, will he be in his position right now? He has tons of fans to support him, yet this nugu groups can be out of their group and never setting their foot again in this industry. And again I said, to each of their own. Or maybe you didn't read fully my reply as I actually edit it because I accidentally sent it before finish my words. And yep like I said this show is for nugu groups that need push, so? I just said how wonderful if the judges was once from underdogs groups and those used to be in their position understand them better. Relax, lol.

He was thrown out of 2pm and hauled back to the US he had to literally bust his ass to get back into the public eye and make a name for himself. That's pretty damn nugu as a soloist to me.

And i am telling you these judges DO understand them better if you knew exactly what they dealt with. People know Beast as Beast they don't realize that Beast is Highlight. They don't realize the struggle of having a feud with their company and leaving and having to start over INDEPENDANTLY to rebuild their name, fanbase, etc.

Tiffany's group SNSD was hated from the moment they debuted, she's always hated for no reason. she's worked hard to make a name for herself. Not even scandals.

So how much more nugu do you want these judges? Obviously your definition of Nugu varies. I also don't need to be told to relax when i'm explaining to you why these judges are perfect for this show and why they deserve to be up there.

• Are they poor? I think you really didn't understand what nugu means or what those nugu groups really struggling with. Did you watch the show and did you see how many times they said they're working part time or their company didn't have money to support them. Do Jay Park, Highlights or Tiffany ever face those feelings of unable to cb and need to disband because their company was very poor or they didn't make enoungh money from their albums? Did you know how much Jay Park sold for his first solo albums and tell me if nugu soloist able to do so especially back in 2nd gen era? Highlights/Beast both selling really well ever since their debut. And don't get me start with Tiffany, she's from SM and Snsd, lol. Nugu who? I say this for the third times, every idols have their own struggle but it will be nice if those who used to be nugu and share the same struggle to mentor those nugu groups. It will give them hope that poor groups from poor company or groups with no recognition that they can make it too.

• Are they poor? I think you really didn't understand what nugu means or what those nugu groups really struggling with. Did you watch the show and did you see how many times they said they're working part time or twhir company didn't have money to support them. Do Jay Park, Highlights or Tiffany ever face those feelings of unable to cb and need to disband because their company was very poor? Did you know how many Jay Park sold for his first solo albums and tell me if nugu soloist able to do so especially back in 2nd gen era? Highlights/Beast both selling really well ever since their debut. And don't get me start with Tiffany, she's from SM and Snsd, lol. Nugu who? I say this for the third times, every idols have their own struggle but it will be nice if those who used to be nugu and share the same struggle to mentor those nugu groups. It will give them hope that poor groups from poor company or groups with no recognition that they can make it too.

What part of Jay Park was shipped back to the u.s and had to bust his ass from scratch made no sense to you?

Yes Vanner is the group that works part time. Did you even watch the show where judges said I felt that? I went through that? Yeah? Clearly I watch the show. Because I saw, heard, and read that for myself.

NOTE: In this case B2ST and Highlight sales are counted separately, as the B2ST brand is under Cube Entertainment.

Korean Discography: 1,129,318 copies sold as Beast

Korean sales: 686,139 copies sold as Highlight

HUGE difference not being from Cube and going INDEPENDENT.

In 2012, Park released his first full-length Korean album New Breed, which sold over 100,000 copies in a month.

SNSD/Girl's Generation -

Format: 1st Single

Release Date: August 2nd, 2007

1st Month Sales (MIAK): 10,823 copies sold

Total Sales in South Korea: 75,763 copies sold

I mean I still don't get why you think they are not good judges when they all started from the bottom and had to work their way up. So what if SNSD/GG came from a big 3 did you not just say a judge from the big 3 should be up there? what is Tiffany than?

Ghost9 -

Korean sales: 71,810 copies sold Total

BAE173 -

Korean sales: 93,528 copies sold Total

DKB -

Korean sales: 39,066 copies sold Total

Clearly I'm just done responding to this. I have given you valuable information and examples of why they have some of the best, fair judges up there and how they each had their own struggles and things they faced. You think BTS or Black Pink would be great judges and that's laughable at best. I whole-heartedly disagree. They all started small and had to build their way up, whether it's starting over because of company issues, having to really start over because they got kicked out of their group or simply came from a big company and started small. They are all deserving of being up there and each faced their own issues and have stated on the show numerous times how they "went through that, faced that, felt that". So, you keep that opinion to yourself.

• You can't compare the 2nd gen sales with this 4th gen lol. That's really low albums sales in this 4th gen, but really high in 2nd gen era. I hope you realise even few gg able to sell millions of albums right now and groups like TripleS and Limelight that definitely a nugu able to sell almost 40 k with one albums. You definitely still didn't understand this whole nugu things, unfortunately.

And what part about him being in very popular group before didn't make you understand how he able to sell very well in his first solo albums. Yes he bust his ass but not like everyone didn't do that in this industry yet he able to sell well while those really nugu unable to do so. This is not hard to understand.

Forth time, I'm saying this but every idols face their own struggle. But did Snsd, Highlights or Jay Park struggle in financial to the point that make them almost disband or unable to cb to you call them as nugu?

And please, I never say they're not a good judges. You can read at the first sentence of my thread. I said, it's must be nice for those who used to face the same struggle with these groups to mentor them. Just thinking about this, who is better to give a motivational speach to poor people, those who is born rich or those with rags to riches story who understand what's like to be poor before?

• Let me say this again, btw it's FOURTH, time.

What part of Jay Park AS A SOLOIST, had to start from the ground up aka POOR and have to rebuild himself and come back to Korea and break through again after a scandal no longer able to be part of a group but at least trying to be a soloist do you not understand? What part of Highlight having to create their OWN company, use all that money to get what they needed to continue making music, did you not get? What woudl happen had Jay Park not been able to get his fans back? Or if Highlight wasn't able to make a name for themselves independently because of cube? They probably wouldn't be here. Clearly you do not understand what being broke, having to use your finances, and starting over means.

I never once compared 2nd gen to 4th gen. my numbers were to show you that they all started slowly in their careers. I put 3 4th gen groups in there to show you that they aren't as bad, but this show could really help them. had nothing to do with comparison.

Your statement clearly states that there should be different judges here who are "nugu" and can relate. and the whole point of all this was to prove to you that they CAN relate, that they HAVE been there, that they HAVE struggled, that they DID have to spend THEIR money to make something of themselves, and work through negative things, company problems etc. YOU are the one failing to see the point. NOT me.

This is the last time You will get a response from me on here because i am quite tired of being a god damn broken record to a wall.

• Poor op. This thread is make sense and I totally understand what op meant. What makes me laugh is how come there are people who call jay park, highlight especially tiffany as nugu 😭? I don't think that user know what's nugu because if they are nugu, all groups and soloist in kpop are nugú. All the arguments by that user are also quite funny to me especially the sales part (are you for real 🥲) and have nothing to do with this topic at all... Nugu is not about hate trains, critism, management or scandals. Every groups will be in nugu level if that so.

• I'm too lazy to read this. Bring your arguments outside of this thread and calling Jay Park, Highlights and Tiffany as nugu. I want to see who agree with you.

To all those nugu groups, you can pack your bags now. Even big artists are nugu now to their fans, so you guys definitely didn't have any place anymore in kpop. Everyone in kpop is nugu because everyone is working hard, everyone face critism, everyone used their own money in their careers (especially when they're already make money from their mega successful groups) while those nugu used their money from their part time jobs, everyone start from bottom yet one from big company and one from almost bankrupt company. Itzy is nugu, Nmixx, Ive is nugu, Newjeans is nugu, Blackpink is nugu, Aespa is nugu, Exo is nugu, Stray Kids is nugu, Txt is nugu, Nct is nugu so yes practically, everyone is nugu. The success of groups like Svt or Ateez is not that impressive, right because everyone is nugu. Yeahh!!!!!

• Looks like someone doesn't know what nugu means. Nugu implies unknown.

Listen, jay park was already known as the leader of 2pm among kpop circle. He trended in Korea for his scandal which made him even more KNOWN.

As for highlight, they literally debuted no. 1 on melon and swept the music shows on their 1st week. And I'm saying this as a fan.

Finally, I'm not even gonna talk about SNSD.

So yes they had their struggles but being nugu wasn't one of them.

• You're so full of ---- and would find anyway to drag BTS because what are you saying in bold? SNSD worked their way up with 75K sales their first year when BTS even sold WAY LESS their first year? Actually BTS sold less then whoever ghost9 and bae173 sold in their first year. BTS are the PERFECT example of ACTUAL UNDERDOGS to GLOBAL SUPERSTARS and you think mentioning them is laughable as judges for this irrelevant ass show? If you didn't mention BTS (because I use the search button on allkpop to know what I missed on them) I would not have a clue this show even existed and carried on ignoring but you couldn't help yourself as a bitter leftover. And then I had to reread OP to even see WHERE they mentioned BLACKPINK and they did not proving you wanted more of an excuse to drag BTS when OP mentioned Mamamoo, another example of underdogs but you don't hate them enough to dismiss them like BTS.

• I don't necessarily agree with the other commenter who kept arguing with you (because Jay Park, Kyunhyun and Tiffany come from Big 3) but are you seriously calling Highlight idols who have no idea about being underdogs?

You do realize they debuted in a -at the time- tiny barely created company called Cube Entertainment, and together with U-Kiss and Infinite worked super hard to get recognized and prove that a group doesn't have to come from Big 3 to become popular. You maybe don't know but they were made fun of both by media and the public as a "recycled group" made of trainees who failed to debut in Big 3 (Dujun, Yoseop, Hyunseung, Dongwoon) or already debuted idols who didn't get much popularity (Junhyung, Gikwang) for the first few years after they debuted. And that's why it was a huge deal when they got daesang with Fiction, it was the first time a non Big 3 group got such a big award.

You're talking about BTS and Seventeen being underdog who had to work hard as if Gikwang (Beast/Highlight) and Sungkyu (Infinite) don't have very similar underdog stories, they are idols who are looked up to by 3rd gen and 4th exactly because they fought their way to where they are now. From what you say in your own comments I'd argue BTS would be worse judges because they are so far removed from their nugu days whereas Highlight or Infinite are definitely not super popular at the moment, you can just look at the numbers on Highlight's recent releases lol.

Edited once, last by Poya ().

• idk why you think Gidle is a good example but not beast/highlight

When beast/highlight debuted no one knew who Cube is. By the time Gidle debuted Cube had already produced multiple successful groups.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• B2ST is the only rookie group to pass 100k in album sales this year
    B2ST is the only rookie group to pass 100k in album sales this year
    www.allkpop.com

This is them in their debut era. I know you know how crazy this number back in 2nd gen. Yes they're in decline now and their popularity is not like back then when they're almost on par with big 3 groups and have amazing digital sales, but they were never in nugu position. Bts only sell 34 copies of albums on their debut day. They're one of the best story of rags to riches in kpop so, idk why they're not suitable as a judges just because they're too successful. Didn't this what those groups needed?

But ngl, when I make this thread, Gi Kwang and Sung Kyu are definitely not the one who I think can be replaced.

Edited once, last by Flovell ().

• I get what you meant in your OP now.

Personally I don't think BTS would necessary be suitable judges because their circumstances were too unique (like the rise of social media, now most idols heavily use social media to connect with their fans) and would be difficult to reproduce in current kpop. And for the famous part, well usually it's more difficult to empathize with people who are in a situation far removed to your current own as humans in general. But it's not like I know them personally so who knows they might have killed it.

• It's not that the current judges aren't good, but I think the groups that used to be underdogs from non-big agencies are more suited to the theme of this show because they understand the struggle as groups from small agencies that have to compete with groups from big 3. Groups like Bts, Mamamoo, G-idle and Seventeen for example are more interesting for me to be the judges for this show. They have been in the position of these groups and I think they understand better how desperate all of those idols. I also think they have some tips to share as a group that doesn't come from a big agency and a group that was once completely ignored by everyone.

I agree that a non big 3 idols would be better judges and have less bias towards big 3 music/group covers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!