Big4 Privilege and Produce Privilege will NEVER be the same

• There, I said it.

I‘m sick of people acting as if IVE‘s success is solely because of the Produce members.

We’ve seen it with the other produce groups. Produce privilege is only enough to check out the group once, and if you believe the group sucks, you’ll most likely drop it.

Same with the produce fans. If they were dissatisfied with the debut, they’d simple unfollow, which we saw with many post-IOI and WANNA ONE groups.

And this situation is absolutely not the case with the Big4. Most people thought NMIXX‘s debut sucked, but despite that, everyone will check out their next comeback.

If their next comeback would flop, people will still check the next one out. Everyone says “give them time, they’ll hit it big soon“. That’s a privilege non-big4 groups don’t have.

If IVE would have debuted with OO and their members would not have been as charismatic as they are, they would have flopped severely and people would have no longer checked them out.

YJ and WY‘s produce hype was only enough to make people check out the group. If it hadn’t been a fantastic debut, no one would have stayed. We saw it with the other produce groups.

Therefore, stop discrediting IVE‘s success saying that it’s only because of the produce hype. It’s not.

TLDR: People are willing to give Big4 groups more chances, even if their songs flop, as opposed to non-big4 groups

• I mean that’s the same people who think being under Kakao is the same thing that debuting in the big4. Unlike Big4 non-big4 groups can’t really afford to release a bad song you see with OO the song isn’t good but some people forced themselves so it can grow on them, even non-stans will automatically check their cb and eventually stan. A group like Stayc with a O.O song would’ve been doomed and no one will have checked them even if their next release was good. Let’s be real.

• Who got you out here stating the obvious.

Expose them op

:pepe-notes:

You have no idea how many people have said that IVE is successful only because of Annyeongz‘s produce Privilege or how they have Kakao privilege lmao (saw people say the latter again today).

They’ve been saying it since IVE‘s debut so I had to get it off my chest

• People will say anything to discredit someone they see as a threat to their faves.

• I‘m sick of people acting as if IVE‘s success is solely because of the Produce members.

Literally who's saying that? It sure helped, I think we can all agree that they did get more attention thanks to Produce, but I haven't seen anyone saying it is "solely" because of them.

• Yeah the benefits of having produce members can only get you so far. IVE’s debut song came out at the right time and is solid quality. If they didn’t stick the landing like they did, they wouldn’t have garnered the attention that they did.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Literally who's saying that? It sure helped, I think we can all agree that they did get more attention thanks to Produce, but I haven't seen anyone saying it is "solely" because of them.

I’ve seen so many people across all platforms attribute their success to only WY and sometimes Yujin.

Probably pressed big4 Stans from what I saw

• I don't know I don't completely agree it's still a privilege (maybe advantage is the right word) I doubt another girl group under starship will have the same success if they didn't have Yujin or wonyoung but having said that people shouldn't discredit their success because starship is doing a good job with their song choices, concept and promotions

I would say exactly the same when people discredit groups that are from the big 3/4

• Without Wonyoung and Yujin, Ive wouldve sold 20k and wouldnt have touched the Top 100 of Melon.

I said what i said. :pepe-tea:

Every day there are rando GGs out there making songs that are just as good or even better than Eleven that didnt even get a chance to make an impact cause they didnt have the Izone stars.

Way to ignore what I said.

I said that the fans would have checked out the debut in the beginning and if they liked it, they would have continued supporting it. There would have been no do-over if SSE screwed up, other post-produce groups are a proof for that.

Big4 groups, on the other hand can afford screwing up, as people will always check out their new releases, no matter what

• but hindsight is 20/20 no?

wouldn't the question be what happens if IVE debuts with 6 random girls that do not contain WY and YJ? would they be as successful?

I think that then one would say certain WY and YJ's popularity contributed to the success of IVE - it then becomes a matter of degree

• Agreed

Non big 4 need to consistently release bop to sustain their hype. Big 4 have the luxury to be at the back of the kpop collective mind to be in tune with their release, and when they release a bop, the hype is 10x magnify.

• I think a lot of it is also from Past Produce failures.

Not saying WJSN is a flop because let's be clear WJSN is a lot more successful than many other groups, and I would think they will be even more successful after Queendom

But Starship learned their lesson from Yeonjung that just simply adding a past I.O.I member into a group isn't going to work out.

They did great with IVE, giving them a proper concept, 6 members so that everyone gets a good amount of spotlight and also making sure that it isn't just Wonyoung+Yujin and friends.

If Yena was added to Everglow or Chaewon was added to Rocket Punch, it might not have the same effect as IVE for example and now that I think about it, it is really smart of Yuehua to debut Yena solo.

They know what went wrong and knew what to do to make it work.

• Without Wonyoung and Yujin, Ive wouldve sold 20k and wouldnt have touched the Top 100 of Melon.

I said what i said. :pepe-tea:

Every day there are rando GGs out there making songs that are just as good or even better than Eleven that didnt even get a chance to make an impact cause they didnt have the Izone stars.

This is so you ?

“If this is true, the girls are finished, at least when it comes to being a tier one musical act. Without Wizone support, almost all of them will end up like almost every other post Produce group - disbanded, flopping, nugu, and barely clinging to a music career. A few might cobble together a living doing random shit like modeling, variety shows, endorsement deals, YT influencers, but i have a feeling that the main bulk of their fanbase were OT12 first and foremost.

Say goodbye to 3M album sales in 2.5 years. Say goodbye to charting every single in the top25 on Gaon. Say goodbye to international tours. Say goodbye to being musically relevant.

For now, this Wizone will only watch all the Izone content he hasnt gotten to (there are countless hours of stuff to watch frankly). If we find out who wanted to continue as Izone, i will support those members and those members only.”

:angryr:

• Arent we allowed to grow as human beings? :pepe-hips:

• Also, people who are attributing it all to produce success… what happened to all the pd101 groups

:peperain:

at least we got these bops

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not the same but let's not act like a group with two very already known members because of Produce isn't an advantage too, IVE was receiving HUGE hype even before their debut on terms of engagement that you would think they were under the big 4.

Starship just knew how to market them even before the debut, and Eleven's and now Love Dive's success definitely played a big part on bringing them to the top, but the hype was there since they were announced... no regular group that will "be checked out once" gets every member' announcement with +100k likes on twitter.

• Also, people who are attributing it all to produce success… what happened to all the pd101 groups

funny thing is that pre IVE everybody was speaking about Produce Curse because almost all post pd101 groups aren't doing well and now with IVE, everything is suddenly because of produce 101 lol

• because of Produce isn't an advantage too, IVE was receiving HUGE hype even before their debut on terms of engagement that you would think they were under the big 4.

Starship just knew how to market them even before the debut, and Eleven's and now Love Dive's success definitely played a big part on bringing them to the top, but the hype was there since they were announced... no regular group that will "be checked out once" gets every member' announcement with +100k likes on twitter.

This i agree. Having wonyoung was a huge advantage and yujin too who is popular. They being popular created hype and the members who were reveled further gained attention. You can say wonyoung and yujin worked their way to this hype. And starship doing their job.

Does anyone remember how much hype the post ioi groups had at debut?

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• funny thing is that pre IVE everybody was speaking about Produce Curse because almost all post pd101 groups aren't doing well and now with IVE, everything is suddenly because of produce 101 lol

2020: IZ*ONE is going to disband and the Produce Curse will show and everyone will flop in their new groups

2022: Groups are only popular because of IZ*ONE members PRIVILEGE AKA IZ*VILEGE

:pepe-clown-gear::pepe-clown-gear:

• If it would be purely privilege, they would peak during debut or stay stagnant. For IVE it opposite, because they are doing so much better now than during debut.

• This i agree. Having wonyoung was a huge advantage and yujin too who is popular. They being popular created hype and the members who were reveled further gained attention. You can say wonyoung and yujin worked their way to this hype. And starship doing their job.

Does anyone remember how much hype the post ioi groups had at debut?

I feel like a lot of people liked IOI but they didn't really have the huge fandom that would make each member successfull on any group they debuted after, with IZ*ONE however... they were very, very popular and had such a huge fanbase for being a gg, like I swear to god by 2020 they were selling like Twice.

Starship truly came for blood when they signed not any but the CENTER of the group, and a popular member on Yujin as well.

• That's true but I'm also sick of people acting like companies such as starship, fnc, pledis, cube etc are poor struggling nugus with no resources or connections. First of all, all these companies had top tier groups, second and most importantly these companies have enough resources and connections to even bribe mnet and get their trainees undeserved opportunities at the expense of other aspiring trainees from poorer companies. In my eyes this is worse than big3 privilege. It's literally criminal and immoral, unlike big3 groups being privileged simply because their companies have a popular brand name.

hua-cheng.gif

Edited 3 times, last by chounim ().

• Except you got it wrong, it's not the Produce Privilege, it's the MNet Privilege where the Contestants on Produce got a free ride into Television

If it wasn't for PD48, Lee Chaewon, Sakura and Huh Yunjin wouldn't have got into HYBE and no, I don't consider HYBE a company at the level of the Big 3 if they can't even train their own Females.

Perhaps it will occur, but for now, the Big 3 are in their own league when it comes to Girl Group success

Edited once, last by jimeous ().

• I think one person kept saying that here

We should tag Mr BlackpinkHouse

• wonyoung stans hype her up at 4th IT girl, then cry when someone says her group is famous from her

logic man

Stop the jealous crap already. Jennie is also the IT girl and so was Irene (before her scandal) and nobody went around saying Blackpink is only famous because of Jennie or that RedVelvet is only famous because of Irene. Y'all wanna believe so bad that Wonyoung stans only care about Wonyoung or that IVE is only popular because of Wonyoung and it's obvious y'all just can't handle the reality of IVE's success so you look for the weakest excuse to discredit them.

• That's true but I'm also sick of people acting like companies such as starship, fnc, pledis, cube etc are poor struggling nugus with no resources or connections. First of all, all these companies had top tier groups, second and most importantly these companies have enough resources and connections to even bribe mnet and get their trainees undeserved opportunities at the expense of other aspiring trainees from poorer companies. In my eyes this is worse than big3 privilege. It's literally criminal and immoral, unlike big3 groups being privileged simply because their companies have a popular brand name.

Dawn you are right, now that I think about it these company just are bellow the big 4, they are not nugu.

• Stop the jealous crap already. Jennie is also the IT girl and so was Irene (before her scandal) and nobody went around saying Blackpink is only famous because of Jennie or that RedVelvet is only famous because of Irene. Y'all wanna believe so bad that Wonyoung stans only care about Wonyoung or that IVE is only popular because of Wonyoung and it's obvious y'all just can't handle the reality of IVE's success so you look for the weakest excuse to discredit them.

Lol why are you mad, when he is just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people.

IVE is not just popular because of wonyoung but let's be real most wy stan only care about her that doesn't mean they hate the other members but yeah.

Blackpink has 4 it girls, IVE has only Wonyoung you xan't compare.

• wonyoung stans hype her up at 4th IT girl, then cry when someone says her group is famous from her

logic man

it sure helps a lot but it’s not a guarantee. Cha eunwoo is one of the most popular idols but Astro isn’t a top group. There needs to be some interest in the other members and songs that many people like or else it probably won’t work

• Lol why are you mad, when he is just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people.

IVE is not just popular because of wonyoung but let's be real most wy stan only care about her that doesn't mean they hate the other members but yeah.

Blackpink has 4 it girls, IVE has only Wonyoung you xan't compare.

If just one member made a group popular Astro would be one of the biggest bgs, 4Minute wouldn't had disbanded and Miss A wouldnt have peaked at debut.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!